Do Jeigans suck overall?

Chiki

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do they?

• Yes
    • No

Jeorge is a lot worse than the average Jagen. His only value is sniping Flying Dragons, something anyone on the team can do with a forged bow.

Isn't at least part of that tied to the reclass system?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone can snipe Flying Dragons from the get-go unless you Arms Scroll them (which can be pretty contested, at least in LTC H2, H3 is more lenient because of no warpskip) and theyre promoted as a sniper. Otherwise, they need a massive Steel Bow forge to KO them effectively (lest they be doubled and ORKO'd by wyverns). Jeorge is truly terrible longterm though, since his bases for a Level 5 Sniper just don't cut it.

Edited by Peekayell

Isn't at least part of that tied to the reclass system?

Yes, but while your other fighters have value as flier-killers in addition to decent all-around combat, Jeorge can't do anything beyond shooting fliers due to his low bases and nonexistent weapon ranks outside of bows.

Not everyone can snipe Flying Dragons from the get-go unless you Arms Scroll them (which can be pretty contested, at least in LTC H2, H3 is more lenient because of no warpskip) and theyre promoted as a sniper. Otherwise, they need a massive Steel Bow forge to KO them effectively (lest they be doubled and ORKO'd by wyverns). Jeorge is truly terrible longterm though, since his bases for a Level 5 Sniper just don't cut it.

I don't see why you'd avoid the forge in H3.

Now that I think about it, Jeorge isn't bad in C17 since he can take out the upper-right Dracoknight on turn 1 enemy phase and free up your other bow user to do other things with the forge. I don't see him being that useful outside of that. In dondon's C11 strat, the Sniper avoids taking the forge in order to allow Jake to kill a Flying Dragon with it and to let Marth get some kills.

Yes, but while your other fighters have value as flier-killers in addition to decent all-around combat, Jeorge can't do anything beyond shooting fliers due to his low bases and nonexistent weapon ranks outside of bows.

I don't see why you'd avoid the forge in H3.

Now that I think about it, Jeorge isn't bad in C17 since he can take out the upper-right Dracoknight on turn 1 enemy phase and free up your other bow user to do other things with the forge. I don't see him being that useful outside of that. In dondon's C11 strat, the Sniper avoids taking the forge in order to allow Jake to kill a Flying Dragon with it and to let Marth get some kills.

Yeah, though your other bow user can just use Silver Bow and OHKO them anyway by then. They won't need the Steel Bow forge. C17 is a massive pain to LTC btw. It basically requires bow users to be trained and Caeda to be reclassed to Sniper. The enemies also cant be doubled anymore by Pally cap. It's where I stopped in my previous H3 LTC playthrough lol.

Edited by Peekayell

Besides Arran, which other useable character can we expect to drop off by mid-to-lategame? Sirius? I'm not talking about folks like Draug, Ryan, Rody or even Luke who may not be used longterm after the early chapters.

Besides Arran, which other useable character can we expect to drop off by mid-to-lategame? Sirius? I'm not talking about folks like Draug, Ryan, Rody or even Luke who may not be used longterm after the early chapters.

Sirius drops off, yeah, especially if he doesn't get spd levels.

DKs as a whole start dropping off in Chapter 15 since their spd cap starts biting them in the rear. The guys you mentioned don't fall off and are a good investment, though you forgot to include Cecil.

Yeah, though your other bow user can just use Silver Bow and OHKO them anyway by then. They won't need the Steel Bow forge. C17 is a massive pain to LTC btw. It basically requires bow users to be trained and Caeda to be reclassed to Sniper. The enemies also cant be doubled anymore by Pally cap. It's where I stopped in my previous H3 LTC playthrough lol.

Yeah, the four-turn clear of C17 looks tricky; the best I could do with my team was five turns with Tomas recruited. I think I have some ideas, though.

[spoiler=avoid clicking if you want to figure it out yourself]A Swordmaster or a trained Mage with a forged Shaver from the Secret Shop can team up with Etzel and Jeorge to take out the entire RHS on turn 1 player phase. A Spd-capped Paladin with the Starsphere can ORKO one of the southern Warriors, and a Swordmaster can ORKO the Sniper on turn 1 after receiving a Dance from Feena. The throne room should be tolerable if the Paladin has good HP and Def.

Edited by Redwall

That's pretty much what I was aiming for, but Marth got too overwhelmed. The DKs that spring up once the door is open just fuck all over the 4 turn lol.

Did you open the door on turn 2 or on turn 3? I don't think the northern Dracoknight reinforcements are a problem if the initial RHS enemies are all taken out during turn 1 enemy phase, and the western ones shouldn't be a problem if the door is opened on turn 3.

Did you open the door on turn 2 or on turn 3? I don't think the northern Dracoknight reinforcements are a problem if the initial RHS enemies are all taken out during turn 1 enemy phase, and the western ones shouldn't be a problem if the door is opened on turn 3.

But then I ran into the issue of not being able to clear the Sheema room in time for Marth to seize because my Paladin sucked lol. I'll have this in mind when I next try it, aboose a Paladin to the max.

Edited by Peekayell

• 3 weeks later...

Its kinda funny how a Jeigan with massive(in fact, the best by far) growth ends up to be what is IMO the single most balanced Jeigan since Marcus and Jeigan himself

[spoiler=(everybody know which one I am talking about)]Im talking bout' Frederick btw

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Its kinda funny how a Jeigan with massive(in fact, the best by far) growth ends up to be what is IMO the single most balanced Jeigan since Marcus and Jeigan himself

[spoiler=(everybody know which one I am talking about)]Im talking bout' Frederick btw

pretty sure Seth (or Titania) has the actual best growths relative to the rest of the cast

Fred: 410% total growth as a Great Knight

Chrom: 415% as a Lord

Sully: 410% as a Cavalier

---------------------------------

Titania: 390%

Ike: 365%

Oscar: 310%

I could dig up more, but I seriously doubt Frederick beats the rest of the cast in growths

Fred:

110 hp

65 str

50 spd

55 def

25 res

Chrom:

85 hp

60 str

60 spd

45 def

25 res

Sully:

85 hp

55 str

60 spd

45 def

25 res

Stahl:

95 hp

65 str

50 spd

60 def

15 res

Frederick kickstomp HP growth, highest STR growth, and has second best def after Stahl(who wins by 5%), and admitably lowest speed at respectable 50%

Amongst them, only Stahl get to match Frederick's absurd growth as a GK, getting 100 HP, 45 SPD, 70 STR and 65 DEF

And Frederick as a Cav

105 hp

60 str

55 spd

50 def

25 res

Is still pretty massive

I've missed a debate about Frederick? Wow. XD

Anyway, Dragon Boner has proof right there of his argument. That's our Freddy Bear, folks. :3

But it IS true that people who say Frederick has bad growths at all are idiots. His are nearly the same as Stahl's, and no one says he has bad growths.

Edited by Anacybele

I've missed a debate about Frederick? Wow. XD

Anyway, Dragon Boner has proof right there of his argument. That's our Freddy Bear, folks. :3

But it IS true that people who say Frederick has bad growths at all are idiots. His are nearly the same as Stahl's, and no one says he has bad growths.

get out, nobody ever argued that Frederick has bad growths

we need more Titanias and less Fredericks, distinguish between the scrubs and the good players

freds growths are amazing yes, but he's just not comparable to Seth or Titania because of the games they are in, pair up is a real dealbreaker.

I'm sure Vanessa would be better than Seth if there was pair up in FE8.

freds growths are amazing yes, but he's just not comparable to Seth or Titania because of the games they are in, pair up is a real dealbreaker.

I'm sure Vanessa would be better than Seth if there was pair up in FE8.

The game make a difference sure, although my main arguments are:

1. Frederick growth in comparison to other units of his class(and more) is actually top of the deal(and IMO, he is)

2. Despite this he is(IMO) VERY balanced, as in he actually falls off. Im nots sure about everyone else, but in my exp on HM, Frederick's growth only turn him from Amazing(Early) into Up to par to the enemies(late), while he definitely falls off post chapter 23 in Lunatic, which is somewhat comparable to Jeigan