Do Jeigans suck overall?

Chiki

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do they?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not denying his growths are excellent (i'm fairly confidant that the listed ones are pretty close), but his bases are pretty poor (for a recent Jeigan anyway) and since FE13 growths are so generally high people catch up to him pretty quickly in certain playstyles

But don't get me wrong, he's probably my favourite unit in the game and he's totally broken on all difficulties in one way or another.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, Frederick's only real problems are his bases and his level-up speed. But if you have patience and like him enough and maybe even give him Paragon, training him to his full potential won't be so bad. Using the Naga's Tear on him helps too. Top it off with Limit Breaker and you have yourself a Super Freddy Bear.

I'm not denying his growths are excellent (i'm fairly confidant that the listed ones are pretty close), but his bases are pretty poor (for a recent Jeigan anyway) and since FE13 growths are so generally high people catch up to him pretty quickly in certain playstyles

But don't get me wrong, he's probably my favourite unit in the game and he's totally broken on all difficulties in one way or another.

Could you elaborate which ones?

Could you elaborate which ones?

Anything that gives any non Frederick unit any amount of exp, really, Stahl more or less matches his bases within 8 levels, which can be as early as like Chapter 6. Or even in efficient play, he's more or less a Sumia bot to make her a god.

Anything that gives any non Frederick unit any amount of exp, really, Stahl more or less matches his bases within 8 levels, which can be as early as like Chapter 6. Or even in efficient play, he's more or less a Sumia bot to make her a god.

Will efficient players make a transition from Frederick to Henry during midgame for a more capable combat unit for the later maps?

Will efficient players make a transition from Frederick to Henry during midgame for a more capable combat unit for the later maps?

If we're talking hard mode, no, because Frederick can still effective weapon, and you have the avatar too who's also a flying galeforce machine, and the enemies are pretty pathetic

If we're talking hard mode, no, because Frederick can still effective weapon, and you have the avatar too who's also a flying galeforce machine, and the enemies are pretty pathetic

plus everyone pairs frederick up with sumia anyway

True, Frederick's only real problems are his bases and his level-up speed. But if you have patience and like him enough and maybe even give him Paragon, training him to his full potential won't be so bad. Using the Naga's Tear on him helps too. Top it off with Limit Breaker and you have yourself a Super Freddy Bear.

His bases arent that bad. Its just his growths arent as quick as a lot of other units, which results in Froderick falling off a bit. His HP base is pretty butt though. (hence the massive HP growth) Reclass jiggery is one way to make Fred a thwomp for post game funzies. Seeing how hes pretty decent when you really need him (early game), people dont tend to hold his stats against him.

To make the Super Fred, it takes more work than a lot of people are willing to do. Theres a lot of people who dont grind. For most of the main game though, hes fine. His speed lags a bit. Using Naga's Tear or tonics can help this. Plus Sumia PairUp is nosebleed worthy when it comes to fixing his speed.

Fred, despite the decent bases and high growths, drops off faster than Titania or Seth because bosses don't give a large amount of exp to him. Even though he'll always get 8 exp from a kill, the exp formula and enemy growths means that Frederick's levels don't stay proportionally higher than what he's fighting. Everyone else is earning about 30 exp a kill (even more for the Avatar) and enemy density in hard mode means that anyone you train gets many levels in a hurry when Frederick is forced to kill 12-13 enemies for his level up in those early chapters. Once the Valm arc hits, Frederick's early promotion but low bases for his class begin to creep up and relegate him to a support role, if he hasn't been put into that role already to support Sully/Sumia/Cordelia/whoever else is good. However, Frederick as support is pretty amazing because of the +1 move boost and significant increase in durability. I think he's still as good as FE7 Marcus though. He can't carry the whole team in hard mode but his endurance is still high and he's a good control unit in early chapters when no one else can double in combat yet. In Normal mode everyone is OP and early enemies are complete chumps so you can practically do anything and Frederick is just there to make it even easier.

Frederick is more like FE6 Marcus tbh. The early game of FE13 kinda remind me how Marcus is pretty much the lifeline during early game

Or rather, Frederick IS Marcus

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

I think he's still as good as FE7 Marcus though. He can't carry the whole team in hard mode but his endurance is still high and he's a good control unit in early chapters when no one else can double in combat yet.

FE7 marcus does carry the whole team in hard mode.

Not everyone can do that >_>

Or at least not without being somewhat lucky and having enough brainpower to do all the stuff

I mean, how can Marcus stands on Cog?

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

His bases arent that bad. Its just his growths arent as quick as a lot of other units, which results in Froderick falling off a bit. His HP base is pretty butt though. (hence the massive HP growth) Reclass jiggery is one way to make Fred a thwomp for post game funzies. Seeing how hes pretty decent when you really need him (early game), people dont tend to hold his stats against him.

To make the Super Fred, it takes more work than a lot of people are willing to do. Theres a lot of people who dont grind. For most of the main game though, hes fine. His speed lags a bit. Using Naga's Tear or tonics can help this. Plus Sumia PairUp is nosebleed worthy when it comes to fixing his speed.

Really? I would have thought a lot of players grinded so they can get strong children and reliable teams for harder difficulties and DLC and stuff. But whatever, I don't care how long it takes to train Frederick to his full potential, I still want my Super Freddy Bear! xP