Powers of Extreme Bias and Love! The Favoritism Thread

This isnt really that much of a "Who's your favorite character" thread as much as "Who Gets The Most Favoritism On Your Teams." While favorite character and most favored in terms of gameplay are often linked, they arent always mutual. Like for example, Nowi isnt exactly my favorite character in the game or anything, but she definitely gets a lot of favoritism. The same goes for Yarne who tends to wind up being fed kills and great things.

First and foremost, for those who've paid attention to my posts since February, you know i put Virion first in all of my runs. Poor guy. He has such a shitty base class and his reclass options arent that incredible either. But i always make sure he winds up awesome. Whether its who hes paired with, how many levels he gets, skills, etc. He also usually gets in the top 3 in kills.

Nowi, like i mentioned above, really isnt my favorite. But i always go out of my way to make sure she kicks ass. Yarne too. Why? I dont even know. Im not that big of a fan of Panne's so she usually doesnt get that much love, and well...Yarne for some reason just gets treated better on my runs.

Owain, Cynthia and Gerome also get the love treatment. Inigo too. But that has a lot to do with their characters. Henry, Cherche, and Tharja same story.

Stahl gets an incredible amount of favoritism on my runs as well. Why? Other than the fact he reminds me of an onion, i dont even know.

Severa ends up getting used a lot and made sure she joins with decent stats and stuff too. I ABHOR Severa so i dont even....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Family Favoritism for me. I tend to always use Avatar, Chrom, Lucina, Male Morgan, Emmeryn, Lissa, her family (Lon'qu, Owain), my summoned male avatar, Tiki (his wife), and a summoned avatar version of female morgan; I use them as my prime team for certain DLCs and most all of them (except Emmeryn) feature in my streetpass team.

Though during the main story, I like using Nowi, Panne, Nah, and Yarne; I'm the weird person who loves the shapeshifting laguz-type characters...

Sully and Lucina mostly

I'd say Panne but Panne is OP anyway and kinda don't need it

But especially Sully I literally stuffed all my renown statboosters into her on my Lunatic earlygame so she can start kicking ass as fast as possible

Lucina's favouritism manifests in the shape of getting MU as a mom even though I don't really care for Chrom and dislike the Chromatar support. It does help Lucina's case that Basilio comes so late, so it's impractical to marry him instead even though in a vacuum he'd be my S rank of choice. But if I didn't like Lucina I probably would've skipped Chrom anyway and went for Gregor or something.

All of the kids receive massive favoritism. Heck, the only reason I grind the parents at all is for the sake of the kids.

After I get all of the kids I bench the first gens and destroy the game with the 2nd gens. 3rd gen morgan doesn't exist

Virion, he's awesome. But I didn't feel he was horribly behind everyone else in terms of use, unlike...

Ah, Libra. When he first joined, he was like a divine savior of awesome. But he slowly but surely lost his use, but I still gotta keep him. Love you Libra. You saved me too many time. Now it's my turn to save you... From the bench.

And, oddly enough, Merric.

I have this weird thing for using units I hate. He's the only non-DLC, non-Awakening Spotpass character I have, and, ironically, he's likely my least favorite FE character, period (yes, in case you're wondering, I love Ellerean). I have not idea why I use him and make him good. I hate this dude.

But I'm always getting skills on him and stuff, then sitting back and thinking... "Wait... Why am I doing this? I hate you!"

But I always come back to him. Stupid Merric... Stupid Merric hat... :sweatdrop:

EDIT: And I guess I should also include my family Gangrel and Morgan... But I'm bad. 100 hours I still haven't beaten the final boss. So maybe it's "postgame", but not to me! I haven't beaten it...

I baby a lot because I'm in weird sorta kinda postgame. But not really?

I want max stat, limit breaker, perfect skills, and a wonderful team to beat down the final boss.

Edited by Valorous_Roland

Definitely Lissa and Maribelle. Usually I stick with one healer but these two always get pampered and spam their staves like mad so they can promote. Since I don't usually use Miriel or Ricken they're sorta like this game's mages for me I guess. And I like magic :B.

Like with any Fire Emblem game, I use characters I like, regardless of how good or bad they are. And really, in Awakening, with unlimited grinding, there is no bad unit in this game. I'm a shameless grinder. 8U I always use Ricken, Miriel, Lon'qu, and Donnel, they're my favorite 1st-Gen characters that I've seen considered "not good". They're usually the first men I level up to full.

I feel really sorry for Brady, so he usually winds up with Galeforce. This means that I have to train Maribelle extensively, which in turn means that he starts with not-quite-as-painful stats. From there, I find a lady worthy of him (I think my most recent file was Cynthia), and then I watch the world burn. Kjelle comes in second, though it's not intentional - she just ends up amazing somehow.

For non-kids, I find myself feeding kills to Miriel. Screw tier lists, she hits Res, and she's got decent speed, which means she's got a good chance of hitting Res twice. :P:

Let's see here.

Ricken

Lon'Qu

Cherche

Noire

Gerome

Cynthia

Are normally for just straight playing.

For postgame:

Noire

Gerome

Cynthia

Owain

Priam

Yen'Fay

Brady

Kjelle

And other people I am too lazy to post them.

Lucina invariably gets a lot of favouritism due to the nature of when/how she joins, and how she'll rapidly grow into a monster.

Same with Morg.

Lissa's been peeking into my favouritism group more and more though. Probably my dark flier thirst.

Definitely Ricken and Nowi until post-game. Then there's Sumia who somehow always makes it to second/third place every time as well, along with Morgan, so them too.

Chrom used to be on this list so hard simply because unlimited free weapon ... until I crippled him with Chrom/Maiden in a game where the RNG Goddess hated his stats (he had 10 mag... mid-game ...) so nowadays he doesn't even get a medal any more.

Sometimes Lon'qu and Gangrel because Tricksters.

Probably Sumia and Maribelle for me. I adore Maribelle so I use her always (and apparently the RNG agrees since I rarely see her get bad level-ups). Same with Sumia.

Aside from these two though, I'm actually pretty good about rotating around the characters I use. It would be easier for me to list the characters I usually end up neglecting (I'm sorry Teach).

Aside from these two though, I'm actually pretty good about rotating around the characters I use. It would be easier for me to list the characters I usually end up neglecting (I'm sorry Teach).

Same with me, actually, now that I think about it (expect the part about not using THE VAIKE)... I don't really use Panne, Nowi, or Gregor...

There are more, but those are the three that come to mind.

(Oh, and Lon'qu and Cordelia... Those are the "big five" of unloved...)

Gerome and Lucina for sure, is like if I can't play without them lol

Next are Inigo and Severa (for completing the favorite kids), Gaius (because he is husband) and Morgan (because son!), yep, these characters have all of my attention