Marriage Pairings

I'm still a bit preoccupied with how some pairings will work in the long run, so before I go through with them, I wanted to get some opinions on them to be able to optimize the children's capabilities for Apotheosis. Who my MU will marry is still a big gray area because Morgan is incredibly diverse, so the mother can potentially be another future child for stat optimization, or someone for skill purposes, such as Lucina for Aether (and high speed) or Aversa for Shadowgift.

Chrom x Sumia*

Gaius x Tharja*

Kellam x Nowi

Vaike x Lissa

Stahl x Panne

Virion x Olivia

Libra x Maribelle

Donnel x Sully

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Frederick x Cherche

Ricken x Miriel

*already married

Edited by Ashen Tempest

What about Lissa? :P

You have some pretty solid choices there though. I don't like ChromxSumia at all, but it results in a pretty good Cynthia, especially since Chrom is the only one of her potential non-Avatar fathers that can give her access to Bowbreaker.

Edited by Anacybele

Pretty solid choices.

I'd do Stahl/Cherche and Frederick/Panne instead of Stahl/Panne and Frederick/Cherche, due to Stahl/Cherche being my OTP better class options for both Gerome (he'd be speedier because he'd have access to myrmidon/swordmaster) and Yarne (wyvern rider access, baby), but hey, that's just me.

Pretty solid choices.

I'd do Stahl/Cherche and Frederick/Panne instead of Stahl/Panne and Frederick/Cherche, due to Stahl/Cherche being my OTP better class options for both Gerome (he'd be speedier because he'd have access to myrmidon/swordmaster) and Yarne (wyvern rider access, baby), but hey, that's just me.

Oh my, now that you mention it, they ARE. Stahl is always hungry, Cherche is a cook with a motherly personality. But I suppose it works better for Yarne and Gerome in the game too. I'll definitely consider it.

Stahl/Cherche does look to be the better option. I mean, it depends on who you're training, but most people don't use Frederick with min-maxing or Apotheosis in mind, so Frederick/Panne might be a good fit since Yarne is generally pretty terrible.

Edit: But on the other hand, with minimal grinding, Frederick is a good way to salvage an otherwise terrible child and Cherche isn't too hard to train, so if you are going the minimal grinding route (which is unlikely since you mentioned Apotheosis), you may want to concentrate your parent levels on Gerome.

Bottom Line: Either way, concentrating your resources on Gerome seems to be the best option.

Edited by Walhart

For me...

MU x Lissa (Canon parings!)

Chrom x Sumia (hides behind hate shield)

Frederick x Cordelia

Virion x Cherche

Stahl x Sully

Kellam x Panne

Lon'qu x Olivia (please don't kill me, you know who you are)

Ricken x Nowi

Gaius x Maribelle

Libra x Miriel

Henry x Tharja

Stahl vs. Frederick for Gerome and Yarne is a very tough call, and I can't say that I prefer one setup over the other because they're both really good.

I might also do a little bit of shuffling for some other parents. Mostly, for Miriel, Lissa and Nowi.

Miriel/Ricken, Lissa/Vaike, Nowi/Kellam -> Miriel/Kellam, Lissa/Ricken, Nowi/Vaike

This is mostly because the way I see is, Kellam offers the same advantages that Ricken does to Laurent (Great Knight for Luna + Dual Guard) except with more stuff to work with, namely Pavise, Priest for War Monk access, and Thief for Assassin for some movement choices. The only other thing Ricken offers to Laurent is Archer, which you're probably never going to use with him.

As for Owain, compared to Vaike, Ricken gives him access to Luna, Lifetaker and Archer (to go with Assassin/Galeforce) over Vaike's Sol. He already has Barbarian, Thief is kind of a waste since he already has Myrmidon, which leaves Fighter, which is also kind of redundant with Barbarian except for Hero.

As for Nah, compared to Kellam, Vaike still gives Knight for Pavise/Luna/Dual Guard but also Sol for healing and Thief, which isn't useful on its own but it's nice for shenanigans with Deliverer. The mods are also pretty good, losing out on the defenses(which are going to be really high as a Manakete no matter what you do) and gaining more speed, which is the more important stat for a Manakete in the long run. Mercenary seems like a waste since Nah doesn't need Armsthrift, but it's more useful as a potential ending class since Nah can inherit Axefaire to become a Helswath Hero or General or something.