Don't look at me funny. It was 10am, I'd been up since.... 2pm the previous day, and was kinda high on Dr Pepper. And it really had been pestering me.

So, hello, have a 1-shot crossover, because this streetpass team exists. And because it exists, it put a "what if..?" scenario in my head. And that lead to this.

A road that may never be taken.

And holy damn, did I actually write something that involves ToS that didn't imply Lloyd/Colette?! Eh, I had Robin/Lucina in there to make up for it.

And I clearly only gave it one half of an arse.

Have I ever mentioned that I hate MU's ending?

"I can say with about 83% certainty, that while my team isn’t going to be the hardest team you’ll ever encounter in FE:A, it will be the coolest."

> Coolest Thing

> Symphonia

Sorry, I'm not that much of a fan of it. I'm not hating on it, but I do think it's overhyped.

Edited by shadowofchaos

"I can say with about 83% certainty, that while my team isn’t going to be the hardest team you’ll ever encounter in FE:A, it will be the coolest."

> Coolest Thing

> Symphonia

Sorry, I'm not that much of a fan of it. I'm not hating on it, but I do think it's overhyped.

Compare it to the rest of the teams you've seen.

Eh, I love Symphonia. (Enough to play it thru 213 times) Biggest thing though, is that the game goes "Hey, we're throwing the 1 vs [x] where [x] is usually a whole ****ing world solomonic choice at you... but guess what, you're picking the 1." Loved that moment. Even better in the OVA, where there isn't additional knowledge that makes the choice too one-sided, yet Lloyd's determination is more onesided than in game. Love the guy for that moment.

[spoiler=Game!Lloyd's Tower Scene vs. OVA!Lloyd's Tower Scene, or why OVA!Lloyd is ****ing amazing]

In the game, shortly before you arrive at the Tower of Salvation- you've got Sheena in your party-- and she explains why she's been trying to murder poor Colette (who she now knows is going thru hell)... namely she reveals Tethe'alla, and the fact that by completing the regeneration, Tethe'alla will be screwed over. Sylvarant is pretty screwed, and people are dying horrible deaths left and right though- so it's a real questionable thing: Save Sylvarant and it's people now, and focus on Tethe'alla later? Likely. Then you get to the Tower, and it's revealed, hey, guess what- you should've seen this coming but, Colette is going to -die- if the regeneration is completed. The issue here, is that you see Lloyd waver back and forth between "Save Sylvarant and its people" and "Save the love of my life, and spare Tethe'alla total destruction"- and pokes at Remiel... who ultimately reveals that he's a evil prick, which casts aside all doubt in Lloyd's mind and he attacks Remiel to save Colette. Lloyd later grills himself for even for a moment thinking to let Colette die.

In the OVA, Sheena helped out with the Asgard ranch and bolted afterwards. She's already revealed that she actually doesn't have the heart for killing Colette (she stopped short of murdering her earlier), but doesn't hang around long enough to truly know what she's going thru, and she certainly doesn't reveal her motives. Tethe'alla is not on the damn table-- Lloyd, Genis, and Raine don't know it even exists. However, Lloyd's like "**** is going down, I know it" so he runs off to the tower to save Colette from what he doesn't nor needs to know. Then Raine is like "Full stop. I know what's about to happen. Colette is going to die, and the world is going to be saved. We -cannot- interfere. It's not our place." The Lloyd turns it the whole thing on its head, giving the best "she has value as a person" speech ever, and declares that he is going to put a stop to the Regeneration and save her life. It's not a question at all- no hesitation, no thoughts to the contrary: He's going to save her- alone if he must but he will. Hell, he knows full well he's casting the world's future into doubt, and playing a huge risk at it. He doesn't care. What he does know is that Colette will die if he does not do something- and she is certainly worth keeping alive... Genis outright agrees, and follows Lloyd. At this point Raine knows she can't stop him, and chooses instead to side with him. Yes, Lloyd doesn't arrive in time to save her, exactly-- and collapses in total despair as she pretty much dies right in front of him. Then, Genis and Raine initiate on Remiel in his place, because they get the freaking point. It's freaking glorious.

(FYI: It's those exact sentiments why I don't like MU's ending: I see more value in a person's life, than the potential cost of a future cataclysm. Well that and have your cake and eat it too, which is dumb. But then again, I've always been against the straw Vulcan (Spock, you're wrong all time), and hell, I remember getting asked the Solomonic choice due to a friend in a Psych class-- I guess I've always been the odd one out on this, but I chose "Save the One", let the others die in about 5 seconds. It took other people significantly longer, and they usually arrived at the other choice.)

Edited by Airship Canon