FE4: Random Reskill run

Tables

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AideenJamka or bust

Though it might not actually be that bad because you get the brave bow inherited and bargain is fun for repairing the killer and brave bows for Lester.

And I agree with what Doga posted. I'd look at what skills Tiltyu has before deciding though. Then again Holsety Sety is OP no matter what.

As a suggestion, if Tiltyu doesn't roll skills, use Amid and Linda and randomize their skills. They have Tordo and are regularly passable anyway, they might even end up better with new skills.

Edited by Darros

True but instathoron is always neat. Maybe she would even get pursuit, he did say it was one of the two skills most likely to show up.

I don't intend to use substitutes, even if they'd probably end up better than the children. I'm certainly leaning towards Lewyn/Levin going with one of Ferry/Fury or Tiltyu, but not really sure which yet. As mentioned, when Tiltyu joins, I'm probably going to take a look at her skills before even beginning to decide. Ferry has the downside of, Lewyn's critical is wasted, so the kids just end up with critical and duel, which is alright but... it's not good for Fee really. She does get Continue on promotion and Sety starts with it, so I guess it does give them the full random offense set :P. Tiltyu... who knows what skills she'll have.

Also another question, should I randomise the fixed gen 2 characters skills (Shanan, Oifey, Johan, Johalva, Hannibal, Julia, Ares)? I might do it a little differently to how I did gen 1 randomisations, because they have fewer skills between them (13 skills over 7 characters), but it'd still end up randomized.

Unfortunately, Celice is treated as a child character insofar as skill inheritance and the like goes. But I have randomised character skills. I've forgotten most of them, but still remember a *ahem* specific skill a *ahem* specific person managed to proc. And I'm not gonna forget it, either :P.

Julia has Paragon/Elite. It's like Naga blood is blessed or something.

Also something I've been wondering but didn't want to make a thread to check. Does charm/charisma stack? Because I have a few characters with Charm (Lex and Sylvia already) and I'm wondering if that's gonna mean +40% hit/avoid if I get people into range of all four (+60 hit/avoid with Celice's leadership)

Edited by Tables

Julia has Paragon/Elite. It's like Naga blood is blessed or something.

I freaking called it.

And yeah, Charm/Charisma stacks.

Edited by Zeem

I freaking called it.

And yeah, Charm/Charisma stacks.

Thanks. In other news, I've pretty much completed gen 2 then :Kappa:. But srsly this is just more reason to pair Lex up, as if Paragon wasn't good enough.

Actual progress update: Finished chapter 2. One or two amusing things to show after doing the arena in chapter 3, and then the final new characters. I'm putting money on someone having duel*. Expect the video of character levels tomorrow, and the three new characters not too long after.

Finally, messing around in Nightmare, I found out Celice (erm, Serlis... I do like this translation having the official names of things, but it does get a little confusing sometimes. And some names are really bad (LEWYN)) is treated just like a child character, or, well, he's in his own little category somehow... not sure, doesn't matter, can't edit his skills. I also discovered that siezing is tied to class, not to Sigurd, which is kind of amusing. I wonder how a Knight Lord hack would play out... :P. Also Knight Lord's sprite is odd. Noish as a Knight Lord has the sprite of a Duke Knight, but using swords. It seems Serlis and Sigurd's special appearance is also character based...

*Not actually putting money on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClK9x_Qkdkg

Nothing too exciting, just me talking about stats, pairings and a little forward planning, which somehow takes almost 15 minutes. Long story short:

Noish has stats closer to Alec's averages than his own. Alec has stats closer to Noish's averages than his own.

My healers are so strong. Adean and Dierdre have both got really high strength.

Fin is promoted. Like a boss.

You have a unit that had two skills end up with zero skills, maybe one (or both!) of the remaining gen 1 units that had zero skills will get two skills!

Edited by Pikachu

By the way, did Julia has Pursuit. Normally, she should inherit it from Deirdre.

Actuallly, I think Lewyn is pronounced the exact same way as before (Like with Tharja...).

Raquesis should normally lost Charisma on Promotion... That's really strange...

I don't remember what else Julia has. Unlike Serlis, she's treated as a fixed character, not a child, so she could end up with anything.

Yeah Princess has Charisma as a class skill, oddly, so she's gonna lose that when she promotes.

It's possible for the last few characters to end up with skills. It's about a 1/5 chance Briggid or Claude has two skills, and very likely at least one has some skills.

http://youtu.be/2HDkYn8nrCQ

[spoiler=Skill list (whole gen 1)]Skills in *asterisks* are class skills

Character | ..........New...........|....Original....
Sigurd    | Miracle                 | Pursuit
Noish     | Pursuit, Wrath          | Critical, Duel
Alec      | Pursuit, Duel           | Pursuit, Nihil
Ardan     |                         | Vantage
Fin       |                         | Pursuit, Miracle
Quan      |                         | Adept
Midayle   | Duel                    | Pursuit, Duel
Lewyn     | Critical, Duel          | Critical, Adept
Holyn     | Nihil, *Pursuit*        | Luna, *Pursuit*[
Azel      | Duel                    | Pursuit
Jamke     | Bargain, *Pursuit*      | Adept, Duel, *Pursuit*
Claude    |                         |
Beowulf   | Vantage, Duel           | Pursuit, Duel
Lex       | Paragon, Charm          | Paragon, Vantage
Dew       | Pursuit, Adept, *Steal* | Sol, Bargain, *Steal*
Dierdre   | Pursuit                 | Nihil
Ethlyn    | Adept                   | Critical
Raquesis  | Duel, *Charm*           | Charm
Ferry     | Critical                | Pursuit
Tiltyu    | Pursuit                 | Wrath
Ayra      | Pursuit, Paragon        | Astra, Nihil, *Pursuit*
Sylvia    | Charm, Duel, *Dance*    | Continue, Prayer, *Dance*
Adean     |                         |
Briggid   | Critical, *Pursuit*     | *Pursuit*

[spoiler=Near Final Pairings]

Ayra x Beowulf

This gives sword inheritance, children with pursuit, paragon, duel and Vantage (and one with Adept after promotion) - a very good set of skills for characters joining in chapter 6. Growths are also very good, although speed could be a bit better.

Adean x Dew

No bow inheritance, but the two bow users skills leave a lot to be desired when Adean passes nothing on herself. Of the non-bow wielding characters, Dew is one of the better ones. Great growths in all physical stats except HP means Rana is very well rounded, while Lester will grow extremely well. The low HP matters little, considering Lester is a bow user (and thus cares more about offense) and Rana is a healer.

Raquesis x Noish

Sword inheritance for Delmud, as well as a very nice skill set. Growths leave a bit to be desired, but screw them, I have wrath and pursuit. Nanna is kind of weird from this, with an extremely high strength growth but non-existent magic and everything else being mediocre. But who cares, when you have 80% strength growth and two of the best skills? (This pairing has been finished already, so no going back!)

Sylvia x Claude(?)

Despite having just said he's probably not getting paired... he probably is. Simply because Sylvia doesn't have many other good options that aren't already taken. Claude gives staff inheritance and good growths to Corple, that's enough. I'm also kind of considering Alec (better growths for Sylvia and pursuit, but way worse for Corple). I don't see anyone else whose worthwhile. I guess... Jamke for Bargain maybe?

Briggid x Lex

Oh man, this one is sweet, I'm surprised I didn't think of it earlier. Both kids end up with Charm, Paragon and Critical. Faval also has Pursuit on top, while Patty gets that at promotion - which she reaches quicker thanks to Paragon. The Charms being on foot units is kind of a shame, but not too big a downside. Patty and Faval also get very good growths out of it.

Tiltyu x Lewyn

Did you not see this coming? Holsety. Chapter 6. On a horse. With pursuit, critical and duel. Arthur for top tier.

Oh yeah Tiltyu has another child? Ehh... whatever. I have Arthur.

Ferry x ???

The only one I'm undecided on. Here's the options, in my current order of preference:

Alec: Pursuit + Critical + Charge + Adept (after promotion) will make for a very nice Fee, but Sety suffers. He gets the same skills (Adept immediately though), but has no inheritance and mediocre magic, and growths are decent but not great everywhere else. I'm leaning quite strongly towards this option currently.

Claude: No extra skills, but inheritance for Sety, including the Valkrie staff, and very nice growths. Fee isn't great due to lack of skills and low strength, but her other growths are very nice, and she makes for a good staff user after promotion.

Azel: Tome inheritance and fairly nice growths to Sety, as well as giving him Bolganone access (which might be useful, I guess?). Fee ends up similar to with Claude. Both also get Charge, which is nice. Biggest downsides are lack of Pursuit inheritance, and Azel is a low level, so stat inheritance is a little low (not significant, but would likely be about 1 point per stat down in Sety's case and 1 down in a few for Fee).

Holyn: Nihil is very nice on Fee, thanks to negating bow weakness. And growths are pretty alright for both characters - almost strictly superior to Alec. 75% skill growth is kind of a big deal when you have critical, as well. But no Pursuit kind of stings.

Jamke: Bargain is nice, but both units end up too bad to actually make good use of it.

Midayle: Offers nothing of worth. Worse than Alec.

Arden: Lol

Finn: No longer possible.

Suggestions for Ferry and Sylvia are welcome. Everyone else I'm fairly settled on.

Edited by Tables

Critical, Paragon, I guess Charm, and soon Pursuit on Patty since Lex will be her father? Gimme the patch, I want to see Patty's awesomeness. <3

For Fury, I suppose Alec's the best choice, since he passes down Pursuit to both kids. Honestly, Ced's kind of unscrewable, and a magic ring is all he'd really want. Though, if Fee would get the brave lance passed down to her from Fury, perhaps Holyn would be a good choice because of Nihil.

Give Corple the Valkyrie staff, why not? Wouldn't hurt, I suppose.

That reminds me. I stealth edited the patch into the original post a while ago, as well as a second one if you want to have a go at this kind of fun without knowing the skills in advance.

Fury x Alec seems logical seeing that Sety will still be useable. And Claude... as far as skills go he's just as useless as vanilla. I'd say take Sylvia to the back of your barn and put her out to pasture. Just use Sharlow and Layla

http://youtu.be/0hWLVFdsKuo

Another stat update. Nothing too exciting to mention, except now Alec is being paired up he's getting a little more favoritism. In fact characters getting favoritism this chapter are:

Tiltyu

Alec

Beowulf

Dew

Ferry

So hopfully 1/4 of my army will get about 60% of the EXP. But we'll see. Beowulf and Alec probably won't get that much - enough to promote and a little more probably. Dew, Ferry and Tiltyu... Dew and Ferry I'd like to see promote by this chapter's end. Tiltyu is gonna have it tough, but she gains EXP quickly, so maybe level 12 or so?

Edit: Whoops, hit post without thinking. Video is still uploading (was going to wait for it to upload obviously. Should be up within 20 minutes of this post.

Edited by Tables

Might as well pair Claude and Sylvia. Sylvia 2.0 and the other one don't really care about stats and both of the parents aren't really desired by anyone else. I think Alec would be the best father for Fury's kids out of the choices given. Just look at that skill set!

The awkward moment when Sylvia and Lewyn become lovers.

The more awkward moment, when, after searching for love growth values to fix the problem (yeah I'm technically cheating, I don't care), you discover that Lewyn becomes lovers with Tiltyu on the same turn, but the game prioritised Sylvia.

Edit: And to make it worse, the turn after, Claude and Sylvia fell in love. It's like the game was just taunting me.

Don't worry, I did fix the problem. It's more fun for me if I get the pairings I've been trying to get. Last time I read the Sylvia x Ferry jealously conversation for fun.

Expect the end of gen 1 vid to be coming soonish (I'm not doing a chapter 5 arena video, because... there doesn't seem like there'd be enough point).

Edited by Tables