A theory about Morgan.

This is something that's bugged me ever since the Future Past or Future of Despair DLC came out and the bosses of the first 2 episodes were shown.

Both of these bosses are Morgan, as far as I've seen. But what irks me is the fact that BOTH genders for Morgan are shown. The male Morgan in the first episode, and the female in the second. Again, as far as I've seen and what the DLC conversations tell me.

Now, for all intents and purposes, these DLC episodes are, supposedly, what would happen if Lucina DIDN'T go back in time. Could this mean that, if the Avatar DOES indeed marry, he/she has twins?

Now, I know the ending for Morgan shows that historians believe that Morgan came from a DIFFERENT future, but hear me out. What if the Morgan you get IS indeed from the same future as the same Lucina that goes back in time. And what if the avatar that does fall to Grima's will DOES have twins?

Here's my theory: The Morgan obtained (I know I'm sounding like Morgan is an item, but this is for the sake of there being either a female or male avatar, and if I don't keep it general like this, the replies to this would be filled with "YOU CAN MAKE BOTH GENDERS FOR THE AVATAR AND GET DIFFERENT GENDERS FOR MORGAN") is actually NOT named Morgan at all.

The child that travels back in time is one of a pair of twins. In the process of brainwashing/hypnotizing, one of them resists and escapes to go back in time. However, in the process, loses their memory. After ending up in the past, all they can remember besides how to fight is that the avatar is their parent and the name Morgan. Assuming the name is it's own, it introduces itself to the Avatar as well as the rest of the army as Morgan. However, in reality the twin that DID get taken over was named Morgan.

Again, this is just a theory.

Who knows? Maybe the Avatar had twins and one of them went missing (and was brain washed) or was killed in Lucina's future? (Only one of them would be named Morgan) If a male Avatar marries a Gen 1 female who has their own child the older sibling says something along the lines of "there were a lot of people we couldn't save" to Morgan. Morgan(F)'s potential twin could be among those people.

Edited by Virion

Kind of an interesting idea. But why would they remember their twin's name instead of their own?

Amnesia is strange like that.

what if they were both named morgan

It's a possibility, but would really cause a lot of confusion when talking to both of them at once.

But in that case, why does everyone calls him/her Morgan? Especially the 2nd Gen characters, and then much more when they're siblings (especially when in their supports has that they give Morgan a list of things about him/her self before the memory loss, you'd think the real name would be one of them considering he/she was using the missing twin's name), who would definitely know he/she is not actually Morgan then, according to this theory?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

But in that case, why does everyone calls him/her Morgan? Especially the 2nd Gen characters, and then much more when they're siblings (especially when in their supports has that they give Morgan a list of things about him/her self before the memory loss, you'd think the real name would be one of them considering he/she was using the missing twin's name), who would definitely know he/she is not actually Morgan then, according to this theory?

True, which could support the theory that both of them would be named Morgan OR just the one that you get is named Morgan.

UNLESS the twins were born at a later time AFTER the children escaped back in time.

True, which could support the theory that both of them would be named Morgan OR just the one that you get is named Morgan.

UNLESS the twins were born at a later time AFTER the children escaped back in time.

Except that if Morgan is the sibling of one of them, how can that character recognize Morgan as their sibling? They'd have to know Morgan back there in the bad future before traveling back. And considering the sibling support, the age gap isn't that big anyway. Not to mention that pretty much all the Gen 1 characters are dead by that point so how could Morgan even be born...?

Except that if Morgan is the sibling of one of them, how can that character recognize Morgan as their sibling? They'd have to know Morgan back there in the bad future before traveling back. And considering the sibling support, the age gap isn't that big anyway. Not to mention that pretty much all the Gen 1 characters are dead by that point so how could Morgan even be born...?

with the silbling supports, does Morgan and the other sibling discuss anything about Morgan's past? If not, then I assume they recognize Morgan as their brother/sister only because there parents recognize him/her as their child.

i guess them being born later does seem a little silly.

with the silbling supports, does Morgan and the other sibling discuss anything about Morgan's past? If not, then I assume they recognize Morgan as their brother/sister only because there parents recognize him/her as their child.

i guess them being born later does seem a little silly.

Morgan is browsing through a list that the sibling gave him/her. That shows the sibling does know quite a bit about him/her. Oh, and just in case, one of those things is Morgan's birthday, something impossible for the parents to know since present!Morgan hasn't been born yet.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• 1 month later...

Jeez! Before I even played the Future Past games, my theory was that Morgan was from a future where we save the world! Because my Morgan(M) is always so happy and cheery that he came from a happy future! I always thought that we were killed before there was the chance to even have Morgan! And now I find out that there are TWO Morgan's! ...Does this mean my FeMu is gonna have THREE kids. Does this mean that my FeMu has three kids! Lucina, and the Morgans! ...My FeMu and Chrom are gonna have thier hands full. XD ...But wait, if Lucina remembers Morgan(M) does that mean she doesn't remember Morgan(F) or does she not want to talk about it. ...This is really confusing... ARRGH! I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WHAT ANYMORE! THIS IS SO CONFUSING!!!!!

Headcanon warning. While backed by some evidence that I can cite, a solid amount of this is conjecture.

MU has twins.

The male is named "Mark", the female is named "Morgan".

The one you get -is- from Future Past- you sent him/her running, but they wound up going to the past instead of back to Grima like intended (or perhaps they went back to Grima and got warped by "Robin" like you do in FP3). You kill the other one yourself.

Expanding on the various "Mark" references to FE7, I read an idea somewhere (99% it was on SF, but I'm too lazy to go find it) that both Morgans from FoD/FP are sent through time/whatever, and one of them is the one that joins you, and the other is the tactician from Blazing Sword.

I can imagine that the FoD Morgans were sent back after losing to you, either going through the Outrealm gate as you did, or sent intentionally back by the remnant of "Robin", giving them a new lease on life (since they probably wouldn't be very welcome in the world of FoD).

although this still doesn't work for a 3rd-gen Morgan, since the kids in FoD obviously aren't Morgan's parent

Hmm...

Yeah, third-gen Morgan really does throw every one of these theories out the window.

I think the best generalized explanation is that since the main timeline, Lucina's timeline, and the Future Past timeline are all alternate universes (presumably with an infinite number of additional alternate universes), there may be timelines with a male Morgan, timelines with a female Morgan, and timelines (like Future Past) where both of them exist, and are twins or siblings. Note that in the Future Past their names are never actually given, so it's plausible that they probably don't both have the same name. It's also plausible that by the time they are born, Grima has taken over the Avatar and he just doesn't care what their names are. Or, in the case where a third-gen Morgan could not exist in the Future Past timeline for obvious reasons, Avatar just did it with someone else. The Village Girl/Guy, perhaps.

The Morgan you get, even if third gen, is just some Morgan from some timeline.

Both of these bosses are Morgan, as far as I've seen. But what irks me is the fact that BOTH genders for Morgan are shown. The male Morgan in the first episode, and the female in the second. Again, as far as I've seen and what the DLC conversations tell me.

Male Avatar x Female Avatar pairing? :D PLLLEEEEASSSEEE?????

Expanding on the various "Mark" references to FE7, I read an idea somewhere (99% it was on SF, but I'm too lazy to go find it) that both Morgans from FoD/FP are sent through time/whatever, and one of them is the one that joins you, and the other is the tactician from Blazing Sword.

I can imagine that the FoD Morgans were sent back after losing to you, either going through the Outrealm gate as you did, or sent intentionally back by the remnant of "Robin", giving them a new lease on life (since they probably wouldn't be very welcome in the world of FoD).

although this still doesn't work for a 3rd-gen Morgan, since the kids in FoD obviously aren't Morgan's parent

The grand problem to Mark/Morgan = Mark(FE7) is that It's Robin who is Mark (FE7), not Morgan.

I'd say here's what happens:

Original Timeline: Back to Back Long drawn out wars -> Robin WILLINGLY becomes Grima -> Kills Chrom -> Exterminates Humanity -> Destroys one of the gems -> Lucina and co. go back.

Future Past Timeline: Lucina and co went back -> FAILURE (Something, somewhere went terribly wrong) -> Robin UNwillingly becomes Grima (this is due to stronger bonds with Chrom and friends) -> Kills Chrom -> Begins campaign to exterminate Humanity. Morgan was born on this timeline, which was, like the Original Timeline, extended. (Perhaps Chrom was Injured, and Yen'fay didn't go with Excellus's "Deal". Both extend the wars, or rather the time taken to reach the end.) The kids of "Future Past" are not the Kids as you get them, but rather their "infant selves" (I.E. The Lucina seen in Future Past is not "Marth", it's the Baby Lucina grown up.) You arrive, and kill the matching gender Morgan, and talk to the opposite gender Morgan, who is sent back by the remnant of "Robin", arriving in the Game Timeline (Grima sends Risen back with him/her to kill Morgan for being insubordinate).

Game Time: Lucina and co went back -> Morgan arrived -> Success, Simple.

Everything's covered.

The grand problem to Mark/Morgan = Mark(FE7) is that It's Robin who is Mark (FE7), not Morgan.

I'd say here's what happens:

Original Timeline: Back to Back Long drawn out wars -> Robin WILLINGLY becomes Grima -> Kills Chrom -> Exterminates Humanity -> Destroys one of the gems -> Lucina and co. go back.

Future Past Timeline: Lucina and co went back -> FAILURE (Something, somewhere went terribly wrong) -> Robin UNwillingly becomes Grima (this is due to stronger bonds with Chrom and friends) -> Kills Chrom -> Begins campaign to exterminate Humanity. Morgan was born on this timeline, which was, like the Original Timeline, extended. (Perhaps Chrom was Injured, and Yen'fay didn't go with Excellus's "Deal". Both extend the wars, or rather the time taken to reach the end.) The kids of "Future Past" are not the Kids as you get them, but rather their "infant selves" (I.E. The Lucina seen in Future Past is not "Marth", it's the Baby Lucina grown up.) You arrive, and kill the matching gender Morgan, and talk to the opposite gender Morgan, who is sent back by the remnant of "Robin", arriving in the Game Timeline (Grima sends Risen back with him/her to kill Morgan for being insubordinate).

Game Time: Lucina and co went back -> Morgan arrived -> Success, Simple.

Everything's covered.

Maybe I'm misreading, but I don't think your theory allows for any scenario where Morgan has a sibling; the ones who go back (from the Original Timeline) don't share a timeline with Morgan (who is only in the Future Past Timeline) meaning Morgan's possible sibling can't have met Morgan.

Maybe I'm misreading, but I don't think your theory allows for any scenario where Morgan has a sibling; the ones who go back (from the Original Timeline) don't share a timeline with Morgan (who is only in the Future Past Timeline) meaning Morgan's possible sibling can't have met Morgan.

Yeah, it's a misread- the ones on the Original timeline very well could have sibling due to the extended nature of it- however, Morgan is -always- from a different timeline (which, by virtue of Hot Spring Scramble (Cynthia/FMorgan) is explained to BE Future Past (MU/??? F)) in the main game anyways. This'd mean poor ole Original Morgan is left behind to die, as depressing as that is.

Edited by Airship Canon

No, I think it works.

There's no reason to think that Morgan wouldn't have a sibling, it's just that OriginalTimeline!Morgan got lost on the way or something.

What I was forgetting was this:

The kids of "Future Past" are not the Kids as you get them, but rather their "infant selves" (I.E. The Lucina seen in Future Past is not "Marth", it's the Baby Lucina grown up.)

and I really should have remembered that, because it's not like I didn't already know it.

Congratulations Airship Canon on what appears (to my somewhat-tired brain) to be a workable theory without any glaring flaws.

Well, except that I don't see why Robin = FE7 Mark, but that's minor.

EDIT: Ah, OK, Lyn's lines. I have to agree with SoC here, it just seems like fanservice.

Edited by Euklyd

Screw Lyn's "recognition". Honestly, I felt like that was just COMPLETE fanservice to players who've played Blazing Sword.