GhastStation's Sprite Gallery

ghast

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beard would transition into the face a bit better if you pulled some of the bulk off and added a bit of tapering. Take a look at Dozla and some of the other bearded folk. Right now it looks like it goes from really bushy to gone.

wow thanks! that's helpful. So the beard. I'll reference dozla. Not totally sure what tapering is but i'll figure it out. here's my beard-fix list

its pixelated.

needs tapering and the top.

i guess that's it?

They're definitely flat, yeah. Angle the far side a little, but it is kinda hard because you're a little pushing the color limit there.

Edit: A little better, but yeah, still angle the far side. Remember to AA the lines too with those gray colors. It'll be the best smoothing you can get with your palette.

Edited by Alphα

wosGTNd.png1xAeF24.png

original current

Its looking way better, bud. Much cleaner, easier to make out the details and expressions. Shirt and Beard look more real and three dimensional as well. Nice small fixes that make it work. :)

I dunno if you need to do anything with the shading on the jacket... not really the one to talk about that. Still, looking good.

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

• 1 month later...

Went on a hacking and spritng binge last night and I made this. I honestly think this is my best splice ever. Level Up!!

Shout-outs to Lenh who helped with some cleanup and guidance!

cDHkIPh.png

Edited by GhastStation

The tatoo on her arm looks a little flat and I'm confused by the speckling of green on her face. I like the character, very intimidating :o

The tatoo on her arm looks a little flat and I'm confused by the speckling of green on her face. I like the character, very intimidating :o

i didn't know how to not make it flat with the space given :x

the specs are actually piercings! Or at least what my capability of face piercings looks like lolol

I think the problem is that the tattoo looks like it's been drawn onto her arm like we're looking straight at it, but it should really be matching the curve of her arm. I tried a little bit with it and it IS tough because its asymmetric. I think if you have the lower part disappear a bit over the edge it might look more curved.

Oh, I see. Interesting, I can't think of any way to make them better at this scale, other than that I might make the one by her mouth and on her nose a little darker since they're a bit hard to see.

I think the problem is that the tattoo looks like it's been drawn onto her arm like we're looking straight at it, but it should really be matching the curve of her arm. I tried a little bit with it and it IS tough because its asymmetric. I think if you have the lower part disappear a bit over the edge it might look more curved.

Oh, I see. Interesting, I can't think of any way to make them better at this scale, other than that I might make the one by her mouth and on her nose a little darker since they're a bit hard to see.

Yeah! That's definitely the issue eh?

I tried to angle it just now and I'm trying to make up some references but I think the wording might be too much for that space? IDK, I'll try again when I'm not as sleepy

@Ghast - The arm should probs be shaped out before applying the tattoo. It's also really hard to read from that zoom - I had to zoom in to 3x before I could tell what it said (Black Brutal?). The issue about having that kind of detail at that distance is whether you want to sacrifice visibility or detail. IMO, it'd be better to make it into an abbreviation or some kind of more recognizable symbol, because it would be REALLY difficult to get those words to read at all. there's kind of a general lot of weirdness going on with the tattoos/markings in general, though, mostly due to how they don't blend in with the rest of the skin.