Favorite GBA character?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wil, Wolt, and Niemi. You just CAN'T keep me away from that first archer.

....but if I HAD TO CHOOSE, I'd probably say Wil. To me, I think he's really cool and I identify with him alot in his supports.

Edited by ChocolaChao

That's a hard one... i'll post my top 5 better because i don't want to leave any of these out:

1- Raigh (FE6). I love the power (of) Raigh. It's so baaaaaaad (not really, he's a good unit and a badass guy, but i wanted to make that horrible reference)

2- Hugh (FE6). He's funny, but also has a good side, as shown in his supports with Chad and Cath.

3- Knoll (FE8). I don't care if apparently he's bad, FE8 is easy enough that he's perfectly viable, and i just love his backstory and character in general.

4- Dozla (FE8). He's such a good and funny guy.

5- Wallace (FE7). He may be worse in everything than Oswin, but there's one thing he's not: personality. Oswin's as boring as a rock in a train rail. Wallace is funny as hell.

So yeah, apparently Raigh's my favourite GBA character, although the others come very close.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tend to like the funnier/brasher characters even though I'm not too much like that myself. Hector, Farina, Bartre, L'Arachel, and Dozla are all favorites of mine, among others I forget. In terms of characters I just relate to personally, I've pretty much always liked Canas, Sue, and Forde in that respect.

Loyd and Gale. They really seemed like honorable people.

Shiittt why'd you have to remind me about their fates? :D

one per game sounds good:

6: I love how Lilina can randomly talk to disenchanted enemies and recruit them. In some ways she's more like Eliwood than Roy is.

7: PENT because as an 11-y.o. playing through the game for the first time he was such a godsend; and he's the manliest man in FE ever; Hector for complexity and character development in HHM

8: VALTER YES But really, I identify most with Lute and her supports with Artur are some of the sweetest in the game; Lyon of course but aaah, I wish I could gift him some self-confidence.

I'd say Sophia for 6 if she could get SPD.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Joshua, Raven, Miledy, Jaffar, Hector, Tana, Eprahim, L'Arachel, Seth, Sain, Lute, Forde and Dart are some of the many examples but I will talk about my favorite, Joshua.

Gameplay: He is a Swordmaster, meaning extra crit bonus, flashy animation and great combat performance

Personality: A laidback, calm and composed character, just how I like my Swordmasters.

Backstory: He has my favorite backstory out of all characters in the GBA games, being the prince of Jehanna that ran away from home so he could learn from people and the world to be worthy of the crown. Definetly makes him a pretty interesting person whose reasons for running away are actually pretty legit.

Personal note: He has red hair, for that he gets +10 points in my book

Edited by SSL01

In terms of personality, I'd say Seth. I really enjoy serious, "knightly" characters, that put honor and their duty above their feelings and individuality, something that's really well explored in Seth's character, especially in his Support with Eirika.

I also like Marisa, more so because I can relate to some of her Supports (Gerik's, in particular).​
​

In terms of gameplay, I like Wolt and Lilina a lot. Wolt because of his design and because he's always useful in my playthroughs, and Lilina, for pretty much the same reason (in Lilina's case, not only attacking, but also healing, in her promotion, which is extremely useful).

• 2 weeks later...

I like a lot of the Elibe cast. Maybe because of Binding Blade being my first Fire Emblem game, but they sure had deeper and detailed characteristics than some of the other Nintendo franchise characters. (Before that I only played Mario, Donkey Kong, a bit of F-Zero and Zelda, and Pokémon.)

Why is that sad? Roy's my third-favorite character in the whole series.

I too am a fan of Roy, actually. It felt epic seeing him go all around the continent, liberating the masses from all the oppressors across the continent, like a boss. Yet, he also has a personal side, especially when he is with Lilina. Speaking of which, I also like Lilina in particular, and all of the female protagonists/heroines in Fire Emblem in general. She is my favourite Nintendo heroine, besides Zelda in Twilight Princess, Misty, Hilda, Rosa, and Serena in the Pokémon franchise, and Paula in Earthbound.

I haven' read the whole thread so I'm unsure what people have most frequently said, but Hector. I think the character development between eliwood and hector mode is probably the best example of character development I've seen in the series. The fact that they didn't leave him unapologetically a boor and made him someone that you more than just tolerated was really rewarding for me.