Favorite GBA character?

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE6: Geese - love his hair. Also, very fun to use in battle.

FE7: Hector - love his attitude. also, his Armads crit animation is sick.

FE8: Joshua - love his attitude, definitely one of my favorite swordsman from FE.

Edited by kaiban
wanted to explain why they are my favorite characters

• 1 month later...

I really love Cormag personally, he has some really fascinating supports. Joshua is also a favorite. My all time favorite from GBA though? That's really damn hard...

I think Lyon is a fantastic villain, and Orson's whole mini-arc gave me chills the first time. So lets do favorite unit and villain.

Unit: It's a tie between Cormag, Tana, and Canas. Every one of them turns into a lategame monster, and the two guys have great supports.

Villain: Gonna have to go with Lyon. I love the "road to hell is paved with good intentions" template for characters.

Binding Blade: Dieck, Lilina, Echidna, Elfin, Klein, Clarine, Thany, Sue, Igrene, Miledy, Gonzales, and Niime. (Dieck the most)

Blazing Sword: Lyn, Hector, Oswin, Serra, Lucius, Canas, Geitz, Louise, Legault, Jaffar, Nino, Farina, Dorcas and Hawkeye. (Hector the most)

Sacred Stones: Eirika, Seth, Artur, Lute, Colm, Neimi, Gilliam, Tana, Joshua, Cormag, Gerik, Tethys, and L'Arachel. (Gerik the most)

Edited by Doodlebug Four

• 4 weeks later...

Oh boy, there are many characters that I like a lot but here are some of my favourites.

Blazing Sword:

1)Hector-who else did you expect? 2)Dart- he's awesome 3)Dorcas-I really like this guy, he doesn't stand out but I like him. 4) Harken 5) Hawkeye- can't not include him. 6) Heath 7) Kent 8) Marcus

Sacred Stones:

1) Cormag 2) Garcia- that beard, neck and traps! 3)Gilliam 4)Ross 5)Dozla 6)La'Archael 7) Duessela 8)Gerik

Sword of Seals:

1)Garret 2)Dieck 3) Wade 4) Lot 5)Sue 6)Melady 7) Igrene 8) Echidna

For female characters i would have to Lyn just due to how much I got attached to her as a unit and a character when I played blazing sword due to her sharp, proud, but yet friendly personality and also the fact she always reliably critted for me

For males characters it's definitely Ephraim, he's such a cool lord being the only who solely wields lances and he's a good brother too which i find nice

Edited by Papa Brando
grammatical issue

• 3 weeks later...

L'arachel, Princess of Rausten, Breaker of Chains, The Unburnt, Lady of the Heavens, Gambling Hall CEO, and Maiden of Desire.

Oh, and I also like Lalum, strangely enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Nino. I like her character and turning a weak little mage into a strong sage was satisfying, even if she ended up about as good as Pent. I also like Rutger since he's very strong, has decent supports, and is also very good in battles. Besides those two I also like the three FE7 lords, Zephiel, Roy, Lilina, and Matthew. Those are a lot of characters, but there are many good ones to choose. Also, I haven't played FE8 yet which I'm sure will introduce me to some more favorites.

FE6: I find Dieck and his past as an Etrurian pit fighter fascinating. His friendship with Klein is a pretty great example of friendship crossing class boundaries. The fact that Pent and Louise allowed such a correspondence (probably due to Dieck saving Klein's life) exemplifies their compassion as well.

FE7: Maybe it's the scholar in me, but I find Canas intriguing.

FE8: Marisa, because shy sword waifu.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've always adored Erk. The reason is pretty superficial; he just happens to be this serious, smart and grumpy guy who is actually kind of awkward type of character, which have always appealed to me for some reason. But as I love him so much, I've actually spent a lot of time analyzing Erk's character, and I've found him to be much more interesting than he originally seems. This doesn't automatically make him a super interesting character but not even I expected him to be one, to be honest I expected much worse.

His admiration towards Pent is pretty adorable, and bases much of his motivation. He seeks to be a student worthy of someone like Pent, and this has led him to work really hard on his studies, to the point of passing out one time. Yet, despite how hard he works, he doesn't think he is good enough to be Pent's student. That is to say, he doesn't think very highly of himself; he has a low self-esteem. Erk is also a theory-based mage, so much that he tends to neglect other aspects of anima magic.

However, his real weakness comes in trying to connect with others. For a quick example, in his C support with Nino, she finds him reading a book and asks him to go back to a page which had a picture, but Erk tells her if she could leave him alone to read, and Nino leaves embarassed. Turns out Erk ends up cursing his lack of ability to talk to women after doing that, as he had no reason to tell Nino to leave. Louise also comments on how he always pushes away those who want to help them the most. Erk just answers he doesn't know how to answer to other people showing him affection or showing affection himself.

I also find him to be very underrated as a unit, but I already ranted enough about him.

So yeah, uh, Erk.
L'Arachel and Legault are also awesome, I'd specially love to just rant about Legault, too.

Edited by Phas21

In FE7 I'll have to say Pent and Canas, especially in their supports. They are just two big fuckin nerds (nerds than can solo armies, but nerds nonetheless), and they get so excited to share their nerdiness with eachother and their wives. 

FE8 I think Forde is a fantastic character, Ghast's video on the subject pretty solidly convinced me. I love Joshua, he is a fun character with the "hidden runaway prince walking amongst the people" kind of arc I tend to be fond of for some reason. L'Arachel is a character that sways between annoying and hilarious for me, It's a shame she's a pretty shit unit. 

I think Cormag is underappreciated as a character, his supports with Artur and Duessel are really insightful and show that he isn't just a dumb angry solider he appears to be. 

Heath, Lute, and probably Sue. 

Heath because it's Heath 

Lute because she and Artur are great 

Sue just cuz it's Sue and we all know Sue is good. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say Pent in FE7. 

The chapter where you're introduced to him is one of the funniest experiences. It's a "rescue" but you soon realize that you're not rescuing Pent or Louise. You're rescuing the enemy from them. I liked him as a character as it was cool to have a noble in your group who isn't corrupt like all the ones that are encountered through Eliwood's adventure. 

As far as a unit goes, Pent comes pre-promoted and he don't suck Pent pretty much saves you a lot of work from leveling up Erk and using him. I usually bring Pent through out the rest of the game to use as a healer since he can use fortify without having to rely on another healer.

Probably Eirika, Seth, Artur, Lyn and Wil 

Eirika I find to be an interesting character- I like how she is reluctant to fight

Seth is amazingly good, and I like his relationship with Eirika

Arthur always pulls through for me and made him a memorable unit

Lyn just stuck with me, I really like her design

I love how Wil gets introduced and he just seems like a nice positive guy

Okay, So I'm gonna default to either Roy, Eliwood, Lyn or Deick, because I am very susceptible to nostalgia, but having played Sacred Stones recently;
Ephiram is one of my favorites, as are Seth and Eirika. 
Also Thany is cute, almost equal to Florina in my eyes.
Marcus has been and always will be my tank for soloing a map when I'm out of Vulnerary and half of my army is at 2 hp.