Favorite GBA character?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aesthetically, Percival, Hugh, and Pent jump to mind. They're all pretty high on the list of my favorite FE character designs.

As for personality, Gonzo's up there. He's just so sweet and dopey. Ninian's also up there, as is Florina. And as with 90+% of the Camus archetype, Lloyd.

Hmm, tough one.

FE7: Fiora (possibly because of the amusing supports with Kent and because I just like her portrait), Farina and, because I really should include a male somewhere, Canas. Plus he's an interesting character.

FE8: Tana (annoying personality, but she's a beast of a combat unit - especially as a Wyvern Knight), Syrene purely on the portrait and she's another Falco Knight, and Duessel for being a cool old guy with an interesting set of background stories (eg, Valter and the cursed lance).

FE6: Only up to Ch. 7 so far, but from what I know, Thite (Can you tell I like Pegasus Kinghts?). Out of characters I actually have, then Rutger.

Villains: Ephidel (for his slimy chessmaster attitude), and Lyon (a real sob story, that). And Idoun I suppose (same reason).

I like Lute from FE8.

On my first playthrough, I was on chapter 22, and I completely forget where I got her.

I still loved her.

Lute's supports make her even better, it's like a female mage Sheldon Cooper.

Edited by YoungXehanort

• 1 month later...

SAIN! No contest. <3 This guy is absolutely lovable and hilarious. He's a bit of a scoundrel, but he's also a very hard worker and has a heart of gold. I also like how he's much more serious than he lets on most of the time. When Sain gets serious, he damn well gets serious. I swear. I find some of his flattery to be charming too. x3

Sain is always my best unit too. He's freaking strong. Last time he even got strength blessed, with max str at lv. 5 or 6 Paladin. He OHKO'd shit all over the place with the right weapons. I like to have him lead everyone else into battle too mainly because of this. ^^ It also helps that I tend to be a big fan of the cavalier knights, and that doesn't only include the red and green ones either, as people know by now. ;D

Second fav is definitely Ephraim. He's just epic! He's got awesome lancing skills and is one hell of a leader. He can fucking take an entire castle with just a few men. <3 I also find both of these guys to be pretty damn attractive. :D

I don't know how I missed this. But yeah, anyway, Sain is my favorite cavalier of the series, he always turns out to be an awesome unit for me and his personality is great. He's up there with Lyn in my favorite characters of the GBA games. And Ephraim is my second-favorite character in the entire series, behind only Lyn. I love how he uses lances, and his animations are just awesome, I also like how he isn't the typical lord of the series, he isn't like Marth or Eliwood or Chrom or any of those guys.

I like the annoyingness of L'Arachel. I replayed the game when it came out for the 3DS, and found her refusal to help your team when she appears hilarious. It's not what you expect when you play an FE game. And I like pairing her up with Ephraim.

I don't know how I missed this. But yeah, anyway, Sain is my favorite cavalier of the series, he always turns out to be an awesome unit for me and his personality is great. He's up there with Lyn in my favorite characters of the GBA games. And Ephraim is my second-favorite character in the entire series, behind only Lyn. I love how he uses lances, and his animations are just awesome, I also like how he isn't the typical lord of the series, he isn't like Marth or Eliwood or Chrom or any of those guys.

I don't like Lyn (I find her rather boring, sorry... xP But she is a little different from other lords, admittedly), but I agree with you on the rest of the stuff. Ephraim being different from other lords is also a reason I love Ike. He's pretty different from the others too. The only things he has in common with them are swords and blue hair, and even then, Ike can use axes in RD too unlike other lords barring Hector.

I always found Ike and Ephraim to be much more appealing than any of the Blazing Sword lords.

I don't like Lyn (I find her rather boring, sorry... xP But she is a little different from other lords, admittedly), but I agree with you on the rest of the stuff. Ephraim being different from other lords is also a reason I love Ike. He's pretty different from the others too. The only things he has in common with them are swords and blue hair, and even then, Ike can use axes in RD too unlike other lords barring Hector.

I always found Ike and Ephraim to be much more appealing than any of the Blazing Sword lords.

I understand why some find Lyn to be a bit boring and bland, but I never found her that way. I really like her character, but that's just me. And as a unit, she's always been good for me. Her defense is never a problem because of how much she dodges, and even then giving her stat boosters helps out with that defense, same goes for strength. Constant critical hits is always nice, too. As for Eliwood, I just can't help but feel a little sorry for him, his dad goes missing and when he finally finds him he watches him die, then later on he kills the woman he loves Eliwood x Ninian is totally canon on accident, granted she comes back at the end but still. And then Hector is just a beast, pure and simple, almost impossible to hate such a beastly lord.

If I had to rate each lord from favorite to least favorite (not counting the ones from Japan-only games since I haven't played those), it'd probably go:

Lyn>Ephraim>Eliwood>Hector>Marth>Eirika>Ike>Micaiah>Chrom>Lucina

I shouldn't be so vague. My top five characters in each GBA game:

FE6: Tate, Zeiss, Cecilia, Treck, Sophia

FE7: Priscilla, Wil, Fiora, Heath, Sain

FE8: Vanessa, L'Arachel, Rennac, Ephraim, Marisa

Blazing Sword lords are awful. First has no def, low str and swordlock; second is completly pussy and only good has 5 mov after promotion.

I even prefer Roy over this trio.

prime boots candidate bro

i'm doing a mount only playthrough, kinda, and with boots Hector keeps up fine and is better than the rest of the team.

Blazing Sword lords are awful. First has no def, low str and swordlock; second is completly pussy and only good has 5 mov after promotion.

I even prefer Roy over this trio.

Well, Roy has no def, low str, is swordlock, is also a pussy and has 5 MOV during 90% of the game... The only thing that redeems him is the sword of seals, but that's in the last 10% of the game.

Edited by Nobody

And Lyn isn't swordlocked forever, she gains bows on promotion. xP

I don't know how I'd rank all the lords, but I know my top five are: Ike > Ephraim > Eliwood > Sigurd (I haven't played his game, but he seems so cool!) > Chrom. Chrom used to be a little higher, but my opinion of him went down the drain a little. lol And my least favorites are Roy, Marth, and Lucina.

Edited by Anacybele