Recommend One Game That's a Favourite of Yours That's Not Well Known

Randoman

Recommend a game to the people here on Serenes Forest that is a favourite of yours, yet is hardly known by most gamers. Feel free to comment on other people's recommended games.

The game I'm recommending is Super Bomberman 5 for the SNES:

Super_Bomberman_5.jpg

Most of you may be familiar with Bomberman, but probably aren't familiar with the Super Bomberman series on the SNES. I found them to be some of the funnest Bomberman games even to this day, with both fun story modes (with 2 player co-op) and multiplayer modes (supporting up to 5 players). In my opinion, Super Bomberman 5 is the best game in both aspects, with a story mode with branching paths (which really adds to the replayability), a good ending and bad ending that you get depending on the path's you take, over 100 different story mode levels, and actual save files that automatically keep track of your progress (so no more save states or password writing required). The multiplayer is really fun, with a 10 different characters to choose from, 10-13 different vs. mode levels (10 for the normal version, 13 for the Gold cartridge version) each with their own hazards or gimmicks (like mine carts, cracking ice, and conveyor belts), a mode where you can customize characters (so you can give your characters mines, insane speed, really long bomb range, and the like), save them, and use them in vs. matches. Overall, it's an awesome game with loads of content that's easy to learn and get into.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Xenoblade counts as well known? If not, that.
Another game that I think is not that well know and that I really like is The curse of the monkey island. If someone likes point and click adventure games it's an absolute must play.

Destiny of an Emperor, part of it is because I loved the book it was based off of, but also it's a lot less painful than most NES RPG's are, such as the characters move fast on the map, an auto attack option, item transfers are automatic, good music and so on.

Custom Robo Arena

Just play it. It's my favorite DS game for a reason

Lost Magic

It's very fun, but a little too difficult for me. i never managed to finish it.

Atelier Annie - alchemists of sera island

Another one of my favorites, and it has great replay value

Nostalgia

Pretty good RPG, and a must play to any RPG fan

Radiant Historia

Another must play RPG, it has one of the best plots ever.

Avalon Code

Again, a Must play RPG. Great gameplay and story.

El Shaddai had a fair bit of press when it was coming out, but then was kind of left by the wayside. It's a gorgeous platformer interspersed with some beat-em-up segments. It's not the most compelling gameplay of all time but it's got some really stunning art direction.

Also, Dungeons of Dredmore is a silly, lighthearted roguelike. Very fun, but it can get pretty absurd too.

Edited by Samias

Also, Dungeons of Dredmore is a silly, lighthearted roguelike. Very fun, but it can get pretty absurd too.

Which is part of what makes it so fun. It doesn't take itself seriously at all.

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor by far. Despite being one of the greatest games ever made (10/10 INCREDIBLE!) it only sold a paltry 380,000 units worldwide. Not even half a million. It deserved AT LEAST ten times as many sales as it got, and that's just sad. To me, S&P:SS is proof that people don't actually want to buy good games, they want to buy the same rehashes over and over again. You should all feel ashamed for not playing it. Now feel the shame!

sad-kitten-face-it-never-fails.jpg

Edited by Zera

does Xenoblade co-

Does Xenoblade counts as well known? If not, that.
Another game that I think is not that well know and that I really like is The curse of the monkey island. If someone likes point and click adventure games it's an absolute must play.

damn it

ok well Custom Robo was surprisingly decen-

Custom Robo. I refuse to shut up about this game. It's so underrated.

Try the GCN game, too.

I'm out, you guys will just list everything I think of

Chibi-Robo, GameCube. Probably one of the more unique games out there, you are a small robot tasked with brining happiness to your families home, whether it be cleaning, helping with problems, etc. You're only about 3 inches tall, so you have to obtain upgrades or complete quests to access some places in the house, and in turn, you can solve mysteries and complete other quests. There are plenty of characters, most of them apart from the family are animals or toys that come to life at night.

Balloon Fighter.

So simple to understand, yet so addicting.

Same with Mach Rider.

That game is nuts.

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

Chibi-Robo, GameCube. Probably one of the more unique games out there, you are a small robot tasked with bringing happiness to your family's home, whether it be cleaning, helping with problems, etc. You're only about 3 inches tall, so you have to obtain upgrades or complete quests to access some places in the house, and in turn, you can solve mysteries and complete other quests. There are plenty of characters, most of them apart from the family are animals or toys that come to life at night.

That was a very addictive adventure game. Very overlooked! Ironically, the story is better than most modern games...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qmx-8Q-uOw

Ogre Battle 64. OgreBattle64.jpg

My favorite N64 game of all time. It's quite an interesting take on an SRPG, using things like alignment, liberations of cities and stuff to having an odd combat system. Basically maps are somewhat real time [with a pause feature] you order your group of units to a place they go, enter combat the combat is a bit random other then the spesifc orders you give that unit to focus on.

There are tons of chapters, items, side quests, classes, everything. I don't do this game justice by just telling you the basics I could really go on forever about this amazing game.

Edited by Jedi

Destiny of an Emperor, part of it is because I loved the book it was based off of, but also it's a lot less painful than most NES RPG's are, such as the characters move fast on the map, an auto attack option, item transfers are automatic, good music and so on.

I read the book Sun Tzu's Art of War before playing Destiny of an Emperor. Loved the game a lot. While I was playing the game my brothers friend was watching me play. I used a item called Smoke Pot. My brothers friend asked me what does it do? I said the Smoke Pot allows your army not to be detected by the enemy. He answered back, oh like your really high and makes you fly over them. I had no clue what the hell he was saying until the age of 21 when I first smoked weed.

One of my favorite PC game Battle Moon Wars. Plays just like Super Robot Wars but has Type-Moon Characters.

sanger.gif

Battle Moon Wars x Super Robot Wars one can dream.

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor by far. Despite being one of the greatest games ever made (10/10 INCREDIBLE!) it only sold a paltry 380,000 units worldwide. Not even half a million. It deserved AT LEAST ten times as many sales as it got, and that's just sad. To me, S&P:SS is proof that people don't actually want to buy good games, they want to buy the same rehashes over and over again. You should all feel ashamed for not playing it. Now feel the shame!

sad-kitten-face-it-never-fails.jpg

Hey, I have that game!

Atelier Annie - alchemists of sera island

Another one of my favorites, and it has great replay value

And that's one I'm after.

Brave Fencer Musashi for the PS1. One way I could describe it is a Zeldaish game with more emphasis on platforming and combat. One of the more unique systems is using the "Fusion" sword to absorb the powers of your enemies, whether it be shooting enemies with bullets or jumping on your sword. The plot is kinda bare bones and bland but the characters and the way they are dubbed more than make up for it. Also the game has an amazing soundtrack.

Any Department Heaven game. Maybe Riviera: The Promised Land is a good one to point out.

Heavily shrouded, this series. I don't know a whole lot of people who've played it- or actually know of it, or the series it's in.

Riviera's an RPG with a very noticeable twist to it- as every other game in the Dept. Heaven franchise. I'm- not entirly sure how to explain it, but a lot of it differs from your ordinary RPGs, and borrows a lot of aspects from several RPGs. You- don't really have a level, your items have durability, using a weapon/item a certain number of times raises stats- it's really unique.

Edited by Nebibua