Thoughts on Lethality?

Volke29

That's kinda funny indeed

And I consider it pretty damn sad when I need THAT much setup for Lethality to have eve one iota of appeal.

speaking of Rightful King+Lethality, I think that's probably the most reliable streetpass setup, not that it really helps cause lolstreetpass

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Streetpass teams are easy to troll with though. Lethality+Celica's Gale+Dark Flier, with extra skills to maximise getting the first hit and Lethality chance, like RfK. I'd build such a team, if it weren't a complete waste of my time just so other people can look and go "eh... no."

Streetpass teams are easy to troll with though. Lethality+Celica's Gale+Dark Flier, with extra skills to maximise getting the first hit and Lethality chance, like RfK. I'd build such a team, if it weren't a complete waste of my time just so other people can look and go "eh... no."

no?

going Dark Flier gets you murdered immediately

(seriously, one does not ever win in streetpass, rallies/dual attacks OP)

Would people (other than Volke of course) actually be interested in something like that as I described? Because I'm online most days and collating votes isn't too hard, so I could... but no point if there isn't interest.

I think if you tried it out tomorrow with a popular skill (e.g. - Luna, Swordfaire, Pavise) people would def post and get the idea that it is a daily thing.

Something like Galeforce, Aether wouldn't be a great starting point, IMO, mainly because it is a no brainer. I think if you use this post as an example the community will probably be interested in this, especially to people just starting with the game and are unsure which skills are actually good or worth obtaining as a starting point for research.

As Nike says, "Just do it!" =)

*edit grammar

Edited by Volke29

I think if you tried it out tomorrow with a popular skill (e.g. - Luna, Swordfaire, Pavise) people would def post and get the idea that it is a daily thing.

Something like Galeforce, Aether wouldn't be a great starting point, IMO, mainly because it is a no brainer. I think if you use this post as an example the community will probably be interested in this, especially to people just starting with the game and are unsure which skills are actually good or worth obtaining as a starting point for research.

As Nike says, "Just do it!" =)

*edit grammar

I dunno, I think some people will drive-by troll and go "galeforce sux, 0/10"

on that note, what happened to the head-to-head skills poll?

no?

going Dark Flier gets you murdered immediately

(seriously, one does not ever win in streetpass, rallies/dual attacks OP)

Dark Flier has 8 move right? With mov+1, that's 9 move. All that matters is hitting the opponent first, and Dark Flier's are flying, have the highest possible move, and can use a 1-2 range brave weapon. So... I don't really see how any class is better, in any way. If they reach you, they will kill you before you get an attack no matter what, right?

Dark Flier has 8 move right? With mov+1, that's 9 move. All that matters is hitting the opponent first, and Dark Flier's are flying, have the highest possible move, and can use a 1-2 range brave weapon. So... I don't really see how any class is better, in any way. If they reach you, they will kill you before you get an attack no matter what, right?

you're not ever going to outmove anyone, rallies/rescue is a thing

the best chance is to maximize your killing potential and pray you get summoned on lolprologue

really though, i'll just quote myself:

one does not ever win in streetpass

Ah, yeah, I guess that's true. Still there's 10 of your units, and generally less of theirs, so they aren't going to kill everything. What classes would you go for then? Sniper/Assassin for maximum skill?

Ah, yeah, I guess that's true. Still there's 10 of your units, and generally less of theirs, so they aren't going to kill everything. What classes would you go for then? Sniper/Assassin for maximum skill?

it's a losing goal, but I'd go Assassin/Sniper with Limit Breaker/Lucky Seven/Hit +20/Rightful King/something and forge a +25 hit Innes' Bow

that's 185 hit (maybe more if you add Anathema or something) before factoring in skill/luck, even Bowbreaker isn't enough to completely negate that hit rate

Aside from the aforementioned issue of you likely being outmoved, I don't think there are many units aside from Avatar and Morgan who can get both Thief and Pegasus Knight class trees..

It's alright. Lethality works like extra crit, basically, and it can prevent a counter-attack even if you were going to ORKO anyway. Useful in Lunatic+, too, since Lethality gives zero effs about your Aegis+ or Pavise+ where sometimes even crits aren't enough.

Yah, i can see it having a niche use. But its kinda shitty that the proc rate is so low and assy. So other than making Streetpass teams rage and the above situation, Lethality is pretty blagh. I learned this rather quickly just by playing. Its just not that good. Id rather have Astra (which is dangerous on the Counter fuckers though. Dueaagh...i still have nightmares.) and only go Assassin for Pass.

Yah, i can see it having a niche use. But its kinda shitty that the proc rate is so low and assy. So other than making Streetpass teams rage and the above situation, Lethality is pretty blagh. I learned this rather quickly just by playing. Its just not that good. Id rather have Astra (which is dangerous on the Counter fuckers though. Dueaagh...i still have nightmares.) and only go Assassin for Pass.

What they should have done, is separated out the useful utility of Lethality, i.e. made it into FE10's Cancel. A nice SKL% chance of negating a counterattack would have been a nice addition to the squishy Assassin.

Especially if they had come from the Myrmidon path, and had Vantage.

Edited by Interceptor

Doesn't work on Apotheosis enemies what a shit skill

Lethality is a niche skill that is extremely unreliable due to the crap activation rate. That and you have to spend several levels as a sword locked footie to get it, which I am not a huge fan of. Cheesing streetpass with braves and Lethality is pretty darn hilarious though, especially if you can toss Rightful King into the mix.

Most people agree, myself included, that Lethality is a bad skill because its activation rate is too low and other combat skills will almost always get the job done just as well, but more frequently.

There are some people that love it for its flashiness, however. And it does have its place on StreetPass teams.

Also, Volke29: try not to double post.

1.1 If you see someone misbehaving, utilize our report system, and it will be handled by our moderators.

3.7 Minimodding is forbidden. This entails reminding others of the rules or guidelines, or telling them they've broken them. This is akin to a child tattletailing, and I'm sure you've outgrown that a long time ago.

Yeah.

Doesn't work on Apotheosis enemies what a shit skill

Lethality is a niche skill that is extremely unreliable due to the crap activation rate. That and you have to spend several levels as a sword locked footie to get it, which I am not a huge fan of. Cheesing streetpass with braves and Lethality is pretty darn hilarious though, especially if you can toss Rightful King into the mix.

hey now, at least Assassins have bows

Aside from the aforementioned issue of you likely being outmoved, I don't think there are many units aside from Avatar and Morgan who can get both Thief and Pegasus Knight class trees..

Vaike, Kellam, Lon'qu, Gaius and Henry all pass down thief, that's more than enough for every female with Pegasus to get Thief. Not to mention spotpass characters (and they're relatively better in streetpass teams, considering supports don't matter).

you can't use spotpass characters in streetpass teams unless you're using the jap version etc

anyway lethality sucks and is really inconsistent and i'd just rather use Luna to cheapshot things

Vaike, Kellam, Lon'qu, Gaius and Henry all pass down thief, that's more than enough for every female with Pegasus to get Thief. Not to mention spotpass characters (and they're relatively better in streetpass teams, considering supports don't matter).

inb4Rey (yeah you can't do this sadly)

i like having lethality just 'cuz (i don't minmax like mad or anything so i don't usually have a better skill to use)

i'll admit that it's pretty useless though

I like to compare Lethality to the OHKO moves in Pokemon. Shitty accuracy/activation rate, but when they DO hit, it's so freakin' satisfying. I never mind wasting a skill slot for Lethality when I'm not doing TSON.

The only reason I use Lethality is because of its animation. :U Most of the time, there are better skills you can use instead like Luna or something.

I like to compare Lethality to the OHKO moves in Pokemon. Shitty accuracy/activation rate, but when they DO hit, it's so freakin' satisfying. I never mind wasting a skill slot for Lethality when I'm not doing TSON.

That reminds me, Lethality's even less practical than those (considering that the OHKO moves have 30 accuracy, assuming your level's equal to the opponent's; if your level's lower, it doesn't work).