Best Builds for every single character discussion

Hey there! New on Serenes! (Long time lurker, first time poster. As everybody says...)

I wanted to know your opinions on best class sets/builds for Non-Avatar/Non-Children units (Units like Maribelle, Tharja, Chrom, etc.)

For example, I use Chrom with the following class set:

Rightful King

Aether

Dual Strike+

Aegis

Limit Breaker

Male Units (1st Gen) can't have Galeforce, and their class choices are limited.

It's more of a "What would a good set for X be?" type of question, considering their limitations.

Of course I'd love to have everyone with Galeforce and Aether and Rightful King, but it's not possible :D

Chrom's best set, for postgame, I'd say is:

Dual Strike+

Dual Guard+

Limit Break

Charm

Aggressor/Hit+20

Obviously this is a support set, but what a support set. Dual Strike and Guard provide proc boosts from the back, to important things. Limit Break is pretty much automatic. Charm is a nice support skill, 5 free avoid/hit in range is nothing to be sneered at. Final slot is personal preference. Aggressor helps get a few extra kills, occasionally, while Hit+20 shores up his hit rate against high avoid foes.

As for your set, replace RfK with Luna for a big improvement, I'd say. RfK is just bad in general. Luna will make his damage output considerably better.

Well, so far, I've got this set planned for Frederick.

Luna

Dual Guard+

Outdoor Fighter

Limit Breaker

Not sure about the fifth skill yet, probably Pavise or Aegis. Paragon might be a temporary decision too given how slowly Frederick tends to level up. It'll be awhile before my units will stand any chance in Rogues & Redeemers 3 to get Limit Breaker access though. xP Still, Ylisse is eventually gonna make way for Super Freddy Bear!

Dual Strike+

Dual Guard+

Limit Break

Charm

Aggressor/Hit+20

Obviously this is a support set, but what a support set. Dual Strike and Guard provide proc boosts from the back, to important things. Limit Break is pretty much automatic. Charm is a nice support skill, 5 free avoid/hit in range is nothing to be sneered at. Final slot is personal preference. Aggressor helps get a few extra kills, occasionally, while Hit+20 shores up his hit rate against high avoid foes.

As for your set, replace RfK with Luna for a big improvement, I'd say. RfK is just bad in general. Luna will make his damage output considerably better.

Yeah we can totally agree that Limit Break is a "necessity" for Apotheosis and whatnot.

So we only have to fit 4 skills in each class set.

PS: Does Agressor factor in Dual Strikes? Does he have +10 ATK on his Dual Strikes?

For Chrom, I like to use this:

Limit Breaker

Rightful King

Aether

Aegis

Dual Strike +

LB because it's awesome, RFK because it helps Aether and Aegis, Aether because it's cool, Aegis because magic users like to pick on him, and Dual Strike + because why not.

That's not a bad idea either. Dread Fighter seems like a really cool class though, so I'd hate to just leave someone in it for a single level, especially after doing an entire map just to get access to it. Still, if it'll help in turning Frederick into Super Freddy Bear (I'm loving this title lol), I might go for it anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

That's not a bad idea either. Dread Fighter seems like a really cool class though, so I'd hate to just leave someone in it for a single level, especially after doing an entire map just to get access to it. Still, if it'll help in turning Frederick into Super Freddy Bear (I'm loving this title lol), I might go for it anyway.

You could also pick up Agressor at Level 15, might help you if you plan to play a bit more offensively.

Dual Strike+

Dual Guard+

Limit Break

Charm

Aggressor/Hit+20

could always use Bowfaire as a Bow Knight/Sniper in the back instead of Charm (and no to Hit +20) :B):

You might want to switch Outdoor Fighter out as well, Ana. He's got Quick Burn access, which is a far better Hit/Avoid+ skill, as long as you finish the map in under 15 turns.

And I'd pick Aegis or Res +10 over Pavise, because not only does Frederick ignore the concept of a weapon triangle, he also can get Swordbreaker and Lancebreaker.

But I don't want to have to worry about turn count. xP

And it seems that most of the game's maps are outdoors. As for Aggressor, I'm not sure if Frederick really needs something like that. He's a powerhouse as it is right now. lol

could always use Bowfaire as a Bow Knight/Sniper in the back instead of Charm (and no to Hit +20) :B):

Are enemy hit rates in Apotheosis always 100%? Are your hit rates for units (including those at the back) always 100%? If the answer to either of those is no, I'd say Charm deserves a place. If the answer to the latter is no, hit+20 is worth considering. I'd expect Chrom to be better as a Paladin than a Bow Knight, better pair up bonuses. So Aggressor is probably more valuable than Bowfaire.

PS: Does Aggressor factor in Dual Strikes? Does he have +10 ATK on his Dual Strikes?

Yes, Quick Slash/Aggressor gives a +10 attack on Dual Attacks. Which is why it's pretty useful to have their SHIPPUUUUUJINRAI/Galeforce girlfriends in the front when going through Lunatic+ halving skills.

And I'd pick Aegis or Res +10 over Pavise, because not only does Frederick ignore the concept of a weapon triangle, he also can get Swordbreaker and Lancebreaker.

4RQ3ulU.png

He's damn gonna get wrecked with that crappy Res cap without it being mitigated by one of the above suggestions. I even remember a few times when he got hit badly on Seliph's map... and he was maxed out without Limit Breaker at the time.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Are enemy hit rates in Apotheosis always 100%? Are your hit rates for units (including those at the back) always 100%? If the answer to either of those is no, I'd say Charm deserves a place. If the answer to the latter is no, hit+20 is worth considering. I'd expect Chrom to be better as a Paladin than a Bow Knight, better pair up bonuses. So Aggressor is probably more valuable than Bowfaire.

because that extra strength bonus is so useful when I blow out enemies with Celica's Gale (and because that extra defense is totally necessary)

Edited by shadykid

My Nah uses this set:

Class: Manakete

Ignis

Galeforce

Limit Breaker

Lifetaker

Pavise

Galeforce + Lifetaker FTW! She's tanky, powerful, and has a regeneration skill.

And she's my daughter so I'm biased

Enemy hit rates can be 0'd in Apo. (Weapon Triangle + Breakers does the trick for the most part. You can't really 0 the Bravebow Snipers though (And since those guys kill without question if you don't mitigate the hell out of it (Read:Dual Guard, Aegis) and since Mitigation against them is not reliable in any form, the trick is initiate them. And of course, Hawkeye exists.)

Lead hit rates should be 100%.

Support hit rates... well, Hit+20 is a skill I use for a reason.

Well, if Chrome is your husband:

Duel Strike+

Rightful King

Aether

Aggressor

Limit Breaker

I have him paired up with the Avatar. Duel Strike+ & Aggressor synergies very well. Same goes for Rightful King & Aether. Puls these four skills have great synergy with each other in general. Aggressor will up the dmg and healing of Aether and Rightful King will hopefully make the fucking thing proc during a duel strike.

Edited by Lofrof

Well don't pair up Chrom with a magic user then obviously. Sheesh.

sheesh, I'm just pairing up Chrom with Sumia, gotta use that S support after all right

regarding the snipers: don't ever let them attack you, run in and attack at 1-range (counter damage doesn't matter, dual attack and heal it off later)