Mario Kart

Momentai~

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these games do you prefer?

Umm, does anyone still play MKW and/or MK7?

I remember there being another topic for this but I'm pretty sure it's not in FFtF; it's most likely well into necroposting territory by now.

So ya, new thread if that's alright with everyone!

[spoiler=MKW FCs]

MKW FCs:

Pikachu: 3096 4206 0181

Comet: 1248-2131-7541

HolyAarom: 0390-7919-7931

[spoiler=3DS FCs]

3DS FCs:

Pikachu: 0817 4408 9506

Comet: 3840-5757-3154

Rift: 2638-0027-8622

[spoiler=MK7 Communities]

MK7 Communities:

Name: Serenes Forest

Mode: 150cc Race

Items: All Items

Code: 06-1418-2169-1340

Name: Shell Forest

Mode: 150 cc

Items: Shells

Code: 05-8712-3885-0343

Edited by Pikachu

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually have not tried MK7 yet, though I hope to soon!

I loved MKWii. There was a lot to do both offline and online, and as such I remember spending a lot of time playing on both. The new courses were exciting and interesting, and the returning courses were some of my favorites.

I'll find my FC in a bit. I haven't played in ages, but I'd be willing to go for a spin. Hopefully I can find the time to.

Edited by Insignificant Organism

Mario Kart Wii is loads of fun. So much characters to choose from, so much karts to choose from and there's even bikes. Plus it's one of the few Mario Kart games I can race as my favourite Mario character, Bowser Jr. I might be able to dig up my friend code too.

I like MK7 but I can't believe Nintendo expects me to get 10000 VR for the Gold Kart. I only have over 5000 after weeks of playing. I never thought the day would come when there would be grinding in a kart racing game...

I like MK7 but I can't believe Nintendo expects me to get 10000 VR for the Gold Kart. I only have over 5000 after weeks of playing. I never thought the day would come when there would be grinding in a kart racing game...

hey I broke 5000 like a week ago!

The quickest way to get vr is to race people with vr much higher than your own.

When I first got my 3ds I streetpassed a guy that had 20k vr. I'd race with him whenever I could; I got a ridiculous amount for getting top 3 (I think close to 100? idr, but I remember getting a good+20ish even when I got bottom 3). I see people with 50k pretty often when I race (I've seen someone with 99999vr before!) these days. If you guys race with me I'm sure you'll get the 10k vr needed for the gold kart body quickly!

Edited by Pikachu

The quickest way to get vr is to race people with vr much higher than your own.

When I first got my 3ds I streetpassed a guy that had 20k vr. I'd race with him whenever I could; I got a ridiculous amount for getting top 3 (I think close to 100? idr, but I remember getting a good+20ish even when I got bottom 3). I see people with 50k pretty often when I race (I've seen someone with 99999vr before!) these days. If you guys race with me I'm sure you'll get the 10k vr needed for the gold kart body quickly!

can't streetpass much :(

WW races are gimmicky too, oh well

ha that's good, the poll is tied 8-8 and Mario Kart 8 is the next in the series

Edited by shadykid

Mario Kart~ I bought Mario Kart 7 recently, and was sad Diddy Kong wasn't it in, but I got over it. Especially since I can play as Lakitu (my favourite Mario enemy). I'm still trying to understand all the stats, while most make sense, just to clear things up: Speed =/= overall Speed, but length of boost gains? This is my conclusion, seeing as Lakitu manages to trail behind all the heavy weights at the beginning boost start, but then they all drive at the same speed.

If such is the case, would a higher Speed or Acceleration be better? Right now, I'm settled on Acceleration and Handling, due to my deplorable luck of always crashing into things and getting hit by trickily placed bananas. Although seeing as there are chances for boosts literally at every corner, I'm thinking Speed might be way more significant than I am estimating. I also refuse to change my weight of character as I've been rockin' light-weights since Toad from 64, and anything else drives and turns corners like a brick for me.

While I don't think I'm ready for online play, I'm going for three stars on Special Cup Mirror Mode (albeit with much problems..)! My problem is Donkey Kong and Honey Queen want to play pinball with poor Lakitu at the most brittle parts of Rainbow Road, or good ol' 8th place decides to use lightning as I am gliding to Saturn's rings or something. Oh the precariousness of item use, and my horrid luck~ -gets hit by another blue shell seconds away from placing first-.

relevant

tBblDvL.png

ot: I like MKWii quite a bit. MK7 is pretty good, but I like MKWii better. Maybe I'm a little biased because it had bikes and I was really good at that game (used to be in a clan, played it semi-professionally i guess) but I spent so much time playing that game. I know it almost too well. Usually when I play a game enough, I get dedicated to it and everything becomes automatic. Don't even have to think about it. Usually means I have every single miniscule detail memorized.

Decided to bust out the Mario Kart 7 after not touching it in months. >_>

I don't think anyone made a community yet, so I made one.

Figured having one of these would be easier to race as opposed to collecting friend codes. Feel free to put it in the OP if you want.

Decided to bust out the Mario Kart 7 after not touching it in months. >_>

I don't think anyone made a community yet, so I made one.

Figured having one of these would be easier to race as opposed to collecting friend codes. Feel free to put it in the OP if you want.

awww yeah let's do this

(wait what happened to the previous Serenes group)

OP updated with community info. I can add MKW fcs to the main post as well if more people would post em.

Mario Kart~ I bought Mario Kart 7 recently, and was sad Diddy Kong wasn't it in, but I got over it. Especially since I can play as Lakitu (my favourite Mario enemy). I'm still trying to understand all the stats, while most make sense, just to clear things up: Speed =/= overall Speed, but length of boost gains? This is my conclusion, seeing as Lakitu manages to trail behind all the heavy weights at the beginning boost start, but then they all drive at the same speed.

If such is the case, would a higher Speed or Acceleration be better? Right now, I'm settled on Acceleration and Handling, due to my deplorable luck of always crashing into things and getting hit by trickily placed bananas. Although seeing as there are chances for boosts literally at every corner, I'm thinking Speed might be way more significant than I am estimating. I also refuse to change my weight of character as I've been rockin' light-weights since Toad from 64, and anything else drives and turns corners like a brick for me.

While I don't think I'm ready for online play, I'm going for three stars on Special Cup Mirror Mode (albeit with much problems..)! My problem is Donkey Kong and Honey Queen want to play pinball with poor Lakitu at the most brittle parts of Rainbow Road, or good ol' 8th place decides to use lightning as I am gliding to Saturn's rings or something. Oh the precariousness of item use, and my horrid luck~ -gets hit by another blue shell seconds away from placing first-.

I miss Diddy Kong too. I think he's coming back for MK8 though!

I'm a bit confused by your wording here... What do you mean by "overall speed", and when you say length of boost gains do you mean the boost at the start and the mini turbo that occurs while drifting? Speed is different from mini turbo, but speed does impact how fast a kart goes when it achieves mini turbo. There's a separate stat for mt that determines the length of the mini turbo boost, but the increase in length from lowest to maximum rating is pretty minimal. Oh, and land handling and speed have no bearing on water and air maneuvering. These things have their own separate stats that are not shown in game for some reason.

Click here for a nifty little program that displays all of the stats for every possible combination.

Since you're having trouble with control and such, what you're doing right now is a good idea. Even when you improve you still might want to stay with a high accel combo if you find that you're susceptible to being destroyed by items. There isn't really a set combo that's good for every situation; you need to try out different things for yourself and find what works best for you. Good luck with getting 3 stars! I think it's easier to get that ranking in MK7 than it is in to get it in MKW lol.

EDIT:

I'm on MK7 right now if anyone wants to join.

Edited by Pikachu

^you on that group posted earlier?

I am now. It looks like an SF community already exists lol, I have another one under my favorites.

Edited by Pikachu

yeah about that....

I have a tendency to fall off courses after a good stretch :(:

Ah, I see.

I hope you didn't mind the tanuki trolling. Feel free to do the same to me. In fact, I encourage it!

There's nothing I love more than the shells only community. So much chaos~