NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commentators said that it was a judgment call. It wasn't an obvious call either way, and it was ruled on the field as a touchdown - they didn't have the evidence to overturn it. Happens all the time in the NFL. It's not something you can clearly see on a replay.

EDIT: Raiders have a good D, people should remember that. It's also only been 3 minutes.

Edited by Lord Raven

How do the packers excpect to win if you let Matt Flynn get sacked seven times. I couldn't watch the game, so I got to ask did it look that porus up front or are the numbers inflated.

Lions Dline is vicious in Detroit. That's the primary factor. Another thing was that they had to drop back a lot in order to catch up, so it was very obvious what the defense had to do to Matt Flynn. The other part was that I think they sent more pass rushers when Flynn in his own endzone, so the Lions scored a safety and one time he scrambled 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage to avoid the safety. Basically, more dropbacks = more sacks and sometimes he held onto the ball too long. He really looked decent until the Lions started to take a 2 TD league, and then everything kinda broke down in terms of the Packers.

Basically, a 2 TD deficit will inflate the shit out of a ton of numbers, including but not limited to sacks, attempts, and incompletions.

EDIT: Hines Ward is doing commentary? Kill me please.

EDIT 2: False Alarm. Got to see Joe "Sex Cannon" Flacco throw a monster pass and a bullet to Torrey Smith.

Edited by Lord Raven

...GOD DAMN IT.

Ben needs to stop being a scaredy egg and Suisham needs to NOT screw up field goal attempts. No, that "fake field goal" was not intentional, he started running too soon and threw the whole thing off. Ben, I know you don't want to be sacked, but get your head out of your butt. Come on, you're supposed to be TOUGH! That's what you're known for!

Aaron Rodgers is supposed to be tougher... and he put up 1 TD 1 Int and something around a 53% completion percentage. For reference, his career TD/Int ratio is 3.5:1 and his career completion percentage is 65.8. I'm telling you, this Ravens defense in Baltimore is a completely different beast to this Ravens defense away. I'd wet my pants and shit my bed too if I had this guy coming after me every 40 seconds.

Terrell-Suggs-500x414.jpg

Edited by Lord Raven

Um, like I care? xP

And FINALLY something! TD for Sanders after a freaking 43 yard run by Bell! Ben still looks scared though. Come on, man, you can't afford this now...

Edited by Anacybele

This is why I get irritated when you speaking in this thread. You're incapable of holding an actual conversation about football.

Anyway, Ray Rice is probably the reason our season sucks... if this game doesn't show it then I don't know what does... and I can't believe Marshall Yanda (or Michael Oher?) missed that easy block, they let the lineman go straight through

You didn't need to bring up Rodgers. I wasn't trying to compare Ben with anyone. Just say that he's tough. This is why you annoy me in this thread too. Making pointless statements.

Anyway, despite whatever issues Ben is having, the team's still putting up a pretty good fight. What's more, Ben has not been sacked, yet Flacco got nailed once (despite it not mattering in the end). The o-line has been great. It's Ben and the defense I'm worried about right now.

I wasn't comparing either. I was illustrating exactly what kind of defense he's up against. This year, aside from the opener, have made opposing quarterbacks look like utter shit the entire game. To balance it out, they allow the most random running yardage.

Anyways, Tucker is what you get when you take Matt Stover and mix a little swag into him. I'm still mad that Tomlin cost us a TD (what the fuck was up with that - if it had been called it would probably have been a palpably unfair act and gotten us a TD) and Smith dropped a pass that would've brought us to the 2. Just don't allow a 2pt conversion now...

Yes, I had no doubt that the Ravens defense would be tough to beat. But they didn't hold the Steelers to 19 points like you said.

But FUCK, Bell is hurt, and badly because he slammed his head after losing his helmet. He can't even get up. Without Bell, we have no running game. FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Held them to 20 - close enough - but I'm talking in generalities, not in literals.

Damn good game Ana, shame we won't see another one for another year. Ravens are the six seed, and be prepared for Justin Tucker gifs for a week (sorry - I love our kicker so much, he's like what happens when you give some swag to Matt Stover)

QcYExAH.gif

It was a good game. Until your Ravens knocked out poor Bell. I will NEVER forgive this. It should've been a penalty call. I noticed later that it was a helmet to helmet that was ILLEGAL and the only thing that kept Bell's run from being a TD. Fuck you, Ravens. Fuck you. I don't care if Tomlin had done what he did on purpose (which there's no way to tell, despite his smiling. For all we know, he could've been thinking "wow, I didn't actually mean to do that, but awesome. Haha"), what you Ravens did was far worse. Bell could've actually broken his neck or skull and DIED. Just FUCK YOU.

I'm not mad about the loss. I'm honestly not, as it was still partly Ben's fault. I'm just mad about Bell. I hate what they did to him. Congratulations on ending our season, Cravens.

Edited by Anacybele

Jimmy Smith also went down. He's one of our best players on defense. Plus, it's his fault for going in head first - it's really hard to predict what would be going on at that point, because he was completely reckless with his body. There's a rule against that which was not called, and thankfully it wasn't because i felt bad enough for him.

Edited by Lord Raven

Not the way Bell did. I might be overreacting just a LITTLE bit, and I apologize if I did, but Bell really could have broken his neck or skull and the Raven that caused it got away with it. I wouldn't be surprised if Bell is mad right now. Or even out cold.

But this has made me like the Ravens even less. I'm sorry.

smith was trying to make a stop, bell went in headfirst and caused almost the same amount of harm to jimmy smith because he went in headfirst. he was reckless, and it was his fault. He lead with the crown of his helmet and dove, and I have no clue why that wasn't called because that's outlawed by the rules of the game for this very reason. If you're going to complain, you need to complain about Bell putting his career at risk by doing something stupid.

EDIT: Doesn't matter what Tomlin's intention was, point is he was on the field and affected the game. He is not allowed to do that.

Edited by Lord Raven

That wasn't Bell's fault, he was already falling down by the time their helmets hit. He had no control over what was going to happen next. Smith was the one doing something reckless. And Bell was the one that lost his helmet. Which means he was probably hit harder. You figure it out.

Edited by Anacybele

bellconcussion_medium.gif

Both players were reckless, I was remembering it wrong. Bell lead with his shoulder so he didn't break a rule, but jimmy smith counteracted with his shoulder. So in the end it was a helmet-to-helmet, freak accident.

Edited by Lord Raven

You're just saying that because he's not on your team. Both players were reckless, I'll admit to that much. It could be why it wasn't flagged, they couldn't figure out who was at fault. But I clearly see Bell trying to go in with his shoulder, but not quite being successful in that.

Edited by Anacybele

Right. Freak accident, indeed. Almost seemed like a repeat of Clark's hit on Willis McGahee way back in an AFC championship several years ago. Except this time, nobody went out cold in an instant.

Edited by Anacybele

Fucking awesome Lions win. Suck it Packers fans, we're taking the division this year *dances*

Also did anyone see Rashad Jennings get knocked out cold in the Cowboys-Raiders game? That was pretty funny to see because I'm playing DMC in a few leagues and fucktard Jennings was getting all the yardage

Here it is lol

jennigns_medium.gif

Edited by Randombobman