NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they also just got antonio smith and terrell brown, solid veterans, but I still don't get why they didn't resign Lamarr Houston and Jared Velheer, they were both young and good players, it just doesn't make sense. I really hope Dennis Allen and McKenzie know what they are doing and they do well, but its not looking good. Although I was very happy the Bears got Houston.

I don't blame them. The way to go about free agency is to cover up holes, then develop through the draft. If you're developing through free agency then you're doing a poor job.

Oh, great news! The Steelers aren't going to lose a draft pick because of Tomlin's screw-up in the second game against the Ravens! I just saw it on Facebook! That's a relief, one draft pick could mean acquiring a potentially good rookie.

I think the only reason they didn't lose a draft pick is because they lost anyway and because John Harbaugh is the fucking man and doesn't press the issue harder than necessary (as opposed to Jim)

Yeah they probably shouldn't lose a draft pick for that. The fines were definitely ok since it was inexcusable but a draft pick is pretty steep unless it is super obvious he intentionally did it.

I agree, especially since Tomlin has a good reputation. Hardly anyone should believe that he did what he did on purpose. He's not like that. It was still inexcusable and not how I would have wanted the Ravens to be stopped on that play at all, but still.

The Eagles are hoping for Jeremy Maclin not to get injured or something I guess. It's probably cap issues but I haven't looked into why they're thinking of doing that...

Also since you're a fellow Bears fan what did you think of the Lammar (I misspelled this) Houston signing? I thought they paid him too much money but I like that they signed him.

It has to do with cap and being somewhat expendable. They signed back Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin I believe, this draft is filled with WRs, and Jackson costs 10.5 million dollars against the cap this year.

Well I like the Bills free agent signings. Most notably, Corey Graham from Baltimore (a local kid so thats a nice story on top of him being pretty good) and Brandon Spikes from NE (the last linebacker we had with the name Spikes on his Jersey was pretty damn good).

The Ravens Offense looks dangerous on paper. I hope it translates well to how they perform on the field.

Corey Graham is alright. He has these ridiculous brain farts and makes the most random interceptions (which result from him getting targeted a lot - he's a slot corner). I will always remember him for those two picks on Manning in the divisional round though, but he's really just a slot corner.

Baltimore had issues stopping people on first down in 2012 because him and Cary Williams were starting most of the season (and if it weren't Corey Graham starting it'd be like Chykie Brown or some shit). Graham is kind of inconsistent and our secondary had issues when he was a starter/#2 corner.

As for our offense, we just traded for the... 22nd ranked Center. To hopefully replace our... 35th ranked Center (out of 35). It's so strange that our Center is beyond awful, but our Guards are amazing. We also don't have an RT and I'm nervous about our receivers outside of Torrey and Dennis. Steve may be aged and over the hill, I'm hoping he's more of a Derrick Mason type than like... Evans/Stokley (in his second stint, not when he was drafted)/Houshmanzadeh. But he is also 35 (compared to Mason who was like 31) so I don't have much faith in the signing. Waiting on the draft now...

We also need a TE #2. Ed Dickson's hands are stiff as a rock, and we're not really going after him too aggressively.

Edited by Lord Raven

So the Bills' owner Ralph Wilson died and the Hero of the Superbowl years, Jim Kelly had his cancer come back in the same week.

RIP Ralph, and good luck Jim.

DeSean Jackson was cut from the Eagles after the best year of his career. He is in his prime so what lucky team is gonna sign him, or are these possible gang relation going to ruin him?

Sorry I'm a bit late for this response, but the bears signings have all been really good. Lamar Houston is a defensive linemen who can play multiple positions and still put pressure on the qb. I think sometimes sacks are overrated because you can still be an amazing defensive linemen and not get double digit sacks. Jared Allen should also help. I'm hoping they draft either a safety or a DT in the first round, that Pitt DT looks really good, and so does Jernigan from Florida State.

Also, Ralph Wilson was definitely one of the prominent figures in the NFL for a long time and he will definitely be missed. I hope the Bills can have some successful years to come, some of my family was from Syracuse so I root for the Bills too.

I hope those DJax allegations are false and he does well this season for whatever team gets him.

So the Bills' owner Ralph Wilson died and the Hero of the Superbowl years, Jim Kelly had his cancer come back in the same week.

WHOA. My uncle's name is Jim Kelly! Well, James Kelly, actually, but everyone calls him Jim or Jimmy. o.o

Sorry I'm a bit late for this response, but the bears signings have all been really good. Lamar Houston is a defensive linemen who can play multiple positions and still put pressure on the qb. I think sometimes sacks are overrated because you can still be an amazing defensive linemen and not get double digit sacks. Jared Allen should also help. I'm hoping they draft either a safety or a DT in the first round, that Pitt DT looks really good, and so does Jernigan from Florida State.

The DL is ok for now, I think they should focus on a good backup qb because Cutler always ends up missing 5 or so games a season and the secondary. especially the secondary, we wwon't win by having a good defense like in the past. We have a top 5 at least offense and they're how the franchise is going to win games.

I hope those DJax allegations are false and he does well this season for whatever team gets him.

There's no real "allegations." "Gang affiliations" can literally mean anything. Trying to make it sound like an Aaron Hernandez type story but it's probably more that he grew up in a gang-populated area and keeps in contact because certain people are protected by a gang so they can be successful.

Yeah i've been hearing that the gang stuff was all just a bogus reason the Eagles gave for cutting him. He has friends in a gang from before he was a pro but he isnt actually involved in a gang himself.

Apparently the Bills are serious about signing him. I would love it if they got him, but im not too optimistic about it.

• 3 weeks later...

- Whichever person the Ravens draft in round 1; either a WR or a FS.

- Steve Smith

- Our entire offensive line (especially if we figure out the RT situation), namely Jeremy Zuttah

man jeremy zuttah like 2 years ago was one of the best C IIRC or at least a good one for the Bucs. I feel like the Ravens could get a great WR in round 2, maybe vanderbilt's Jordan Matthews, that guy is good.

Also I just read that there are going to be 30 prospects to attend the draft! That is a lot and more than likely some of them will have to attend day 2 as well, but it should be fun for them and their family regardless.

Edited by metalsnowman3

So the draft is coming up fast and I'm wondering who everyone wants their team to pick (that they realistically can because otherwise everyone would say Jadeveon Clowney or Khalil Mack or Sammy Watkins I guess).

I would really like the Bears to add Aaron Donald, the defensive line has seen improvements this offseason but after watching last season I want the Bears to give the defensive line as many upgrades as possible. The other DT (who's name escapes) might be a better addition with his run stuffing ability though, Donald makes a small DT.