NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

Oh? I didn't know that. That's quite an achievement. o.o

So, let me see if I can come up with a joke for you, Lord Raven... Ah, I think this one works!

What's the Ravens' favorite movie?

Mighty Joe Flacco

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's quite an achievement. o.o
they lost all four, I was hoping there was a Bills fan I could make cry

While we're at it, (4 u helios <3)

How do you make a Lions fan cry?

Matt Millen

Rarely I guess this decade, but it's happened at least 8 times that teams have gone to the Super Bowl twice in a row. In fact, one time it was four times in a row.

Ravens won their first one, therefore they will not make it and lose four times in a row /flawlesslogic

Have them watch one their team's football games.

yeah Lord Raven, stop overthinking this

regarding consecutive Super Bowl appearances: these days teams are more evenly matched, making it harder for one team to consistently make it that far

Edited by shadykid

yeah Lord Raven, stop overthinking this

to Lions fans... nowhere close to overthinking.

regarding consecutive Super Bowl appearances: these days teams are more evenly matched, making it harder for one team to consistently make it that far
I wasn't even being serious, but I swear every single person I meet goes "lol good luck you're not gonna do another one next year anyway." to which my mentality is "haters gonna hate." Can't ever celebrate a team's victory without haters lol

Oh hey there, Helios! I thought I'd eventually see you here. :3

Yeah,the Steelers' o-line is still their biggest problem too. It's always been, actually, but DeCastro better actually be able to play in the main season this time, damn it. That guy looked like a potential beast! I've also seen the o-line in general actually make near-perfect blocks and give Ben all the time in the world to pass the ball once in awhile. If they can just work out whatever it is that's keeping them from doing this more often than not, we'd have a much better o-line. >.>

But of course, you know I love football!

I read somewhere that DeCastro has a shot for being comeback player of the year. It probably won't happen because OLineman rarely get recognition for things like that, but the point is: the guy is talented and should help solidify the middle. Hopefully Big Ben isn't all wobbly anymore and can move around in the pocket some more. If I was a Steelers fan I'd be a bit worried about the passing attack, but I can tell you that as long as Bell isn't injured, your rushing game should improve big time.

Have them watch one their team's football games.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9349669/nfl-win-lose-detroit-lions-fun-watch

To the former point: looks like they're following in the direction the Ravens are going and making their defense younger. Steelers would disappoint me if they went 8-8 (so would the Bengals). AFC North is going to be powerful this year since the Browns are actually looking competent too. The fact that they haven't given up on Weeden speaks wonders of how they feel about him compared to the others.

Edited by Lord Raven

I think weeded gets a lot of unnecessary hate. He isn't bad. Give him a few more weapons and he might be a decent quarterback. Still think McCoy was better.

The steelers aren't going 8-8 again. To make my point I'm gonna break it don week by week.

Week 1. Titans: This shouldn't be much of a problem. The defense will be the focal point of this game. If it can't contain CJ2K up the middle and the outside pass game. They don't stand a chance. I still think the defense will step up.

Win

Week 2. @Bengals: Its gonna be tough. This will be a hard fought game where the running backs for the bengals are going to be tested to see how much they can do and Big Ben and the receivers of the steelers are going to have to step up and show how good they really are.

Either way more likely loss.

Week 3. Bears: This is gonna be fun. Look for the tight ends to rip up the middle of the field against the bears defense.

Most likely a win.

Week 4. Vikings: What fun. This is going to be long brutal and hard on the secondary of both teams. With sharif Floyd up the middle runnin isn't an option. Look to see cordarale Patterson to have a big game.

Either way more likely win.

Week 5. Bye week. Recap 3-1 or 2-2 the steelers faced a pretty tough couple weeks. This is where we will be able to see how they do long term. They're about to enter a pretty easy stretch before facing some monsters.

Weeks 6. Jets: I still stand by what I said about this game. It shouldn't be a problem the jets are a circus. They're more focused on the media than the game.

Win

Week 7. Ravens: This one I will say isn't a pushover. But who's left on the ravens. Terrell Suggs may be a great player but when everybody else becomes a free agent so you can over pay your quarterback your not gonna be great. Still going to be a test on the front seven if they can contain rice.

Close but win

Week 8. Raiders: There is something wrong with every team. The raiders have more problems than most. This team is a mess. McFadden can't stay on the field. No stud at quarterback. No stand out wide receivers. Mediocre defense. I can't say this will be much of a challenge. Then again I know very little about the changes going on out there.

Win

6-1/5-2

Week 9. Pats: This is where the games get tough. Remember my analysis of the ravens. Well take that ignore the QB part and that's the patriots. The difference I expect gronkpwski back at this point. And we have three dangerous backs instead of two. But we have a worse defense. If the steelers offense can't step up they will lose this game. Doesn't matter who the recievers are Brady will be Brady and the offense won't be stopped. But look for a win here.

Very close but Win.

Week 10. Bills: The bills are wierd. I can't say wether or not they will be good. They have the potential to be good. I really can't say a lot about this match up. The bills are either playing well in which case it'll be a tough game or they suck in which case it'll be a massacre.

Either way win

Week 11. Lions: The lions should be strong. A revived run game mixed into that pass game should result in a high octane offense. The defense will be pushed to the limits here. Look for the same things as with the patriots the air game needs to step up because there is a monster in the middle and he won't let you run the ball.

Also very close but loss. ( If they beat the patriots I predict them losing this game. If they lose to the pats expect them to beat the lions.)

Week 12. Browns: The browns are getting better. I can't say how good they'll be but. Look for a tough game. Trent Richardson will be a huge threat but the defense can't ignore the pass game. Weeden is pretty good and can be pretty dangerous. The offense will struggle against a quality defense after three mediocre ones.

Either way. If I have to chose loss.

9-2/8-3/7-4

Weeks 13,14,15,16,17

I can't say how this is gonna go. It depends on how they face the previous four weeks. Look for them to go about 3-2 over this stretch.

So from the looks of it there at worse 10-6 and at best a 13-3 team. Solid looking right now. Things can change. But they're looking pretty good.

Edited by Randa

To the former point: looks like they're following in the direction the Ravens are going and making their defense younger. Steelers would disappoint me if they went 8-8 (so would the Bengals). AFC North is going to be powerful this year since the Browns are actually looking competent too. The fact that they haven't given up on Weeden speaks wonders of how they feel about him compared to the others.

liar, you'd be ecstatic if the Steelers flamed out again

Edited by shadykid

But of course, you know I love football!

I read somewhere that DeCastro has a shot for being comeback player of the year. It probably won't happen because OLineman rarely get recognition for things like that, but the point is: the guy is talented and should help solidify the middle. Hopefully Big Ben isn't all wobbly anymore and can move around in the pocket some more. If I was a Steelers fan I'd be a bit worried about the passing attack, but I can tell you that as long as Bell isn't injured, your rushing game should improve big time.

Well then, I've got my fingers crossed for him getting that honor. :D

And yeah, I totally agree with you. Everybody should be fresh and ready to roll by the time the preseason kicks off though. At least I hope this is the case. I don't want another Mendenhall to happen (he had to sit out in the beginning of last season because he was still recovering from an injury he got the season before that). -_-

I've also heard that Wallace's replacement, Wheaton, is supposed to be just as fast and may become Ben's favorite target. I dunno about the latter since Ben has long enjoyed throwing to Miller, but I'll take a Wallace 2.0. ^^

liar, you'd be ecstatic if the Steelers flamed out again

not without a fight (although yes at some point i'd like revenge for that win with charlie batch, how the fuck does that happen the week before we injure RG3 don't bring up our defensive woes at that point in the season, its a sore spot because Haloti Ngata was basically carrying our defense anyway)

trust me i was complainin like hell for that afccg we just saw back in january because it was just painful watching the pats just fuck up constantly in the fourth quarter... Besides, Terrell Suggs went on the other day with that psychotic smirk of his wishing Ben Roethlisberger a good recovery, so there's always that to look forward to. I'm still looking forward to Green Bay and New England more than Pittsburgh, NE is going to be the most intense rivalry of the 2010s I can feel it.

Edited by Lord Raven

Simple, your Ravens sorely underestimated what the Steelers can do, even with a third string QB and backups standing in for other injured players. :3

It's just sad that the Steelers couldn't keep this going. >____>

Edited by Anacybele

@Randa: You're predicting that the Steelers, who had a mediocre run defense last year, will be able stop CJ2K (who got a inner offensive line this offseason), AP, Forte, and even Spiller. I have a feeling at least two of those guys will torch the Steelers (especially AP). Football is crazy though since everyone gets injured so it's tough to predict things until the week before.

@Anacybele: Wheaton looks like he could be pretty good, and I read an article that he has more potential than being just a slot receiver. Rookies don't make much of an impact though (usually), so we'll see how it goes.

Btw is anyone here interested in starting up an SF fantasy league? We did one last year and though we didn't have too many guys, I think everyone would say they had fun.

@Randa: You're predicting that the Steelers, who had a mediocre run defense last year, will be able stop CJ2K (who got a inner offensive line this offseason), AP, Forte, and even Spiller. I have a feeling at least two of those guys will torch the Steelers (especially AP). Football is crazy though since everyone gets injured so it's tough to predict things until the week before.

@Anacybele: Wheaton looks like he could be pretty good, and I read an article that he has more potential than being just a slot receiver. Rookies don't make much of an impact though (usually), so we'll see how it goes.

Btw is anyone here interested in starting up an SF fantasy league? We did one last year and though we didn't have too many guys, I think everyone would say they had fun.

I never they would be able to stop AP. CJ2K has no O-line that's the key to it. And you can shut down forte by putting seven in the box. Spiller is really at his best on the outside where his speed can blow people away. But I'm not sure he can stay healthy the entire season.

Also I'd be willing to join.

Yeah AP is the reason why I'm afraid of the Vikings game but not so scared of the Packers or Lions. Granted, the Packers have problems out the ass as a team; Rodgers and his WRs are the only reason they win let alone have a fighting chance.

I honestly don't see the Steelers going anywhere near 12-4 this season btw, they have at least 8 matches against really good teams, and another few against some teams that won't go down easy.

get on skype and we'll talk

Steeler rookies can still do well if they put their minds to it. Wallace won the team a game against the Packers in his rookie year AT THE LAST THREE SECONDS. It was dubbed the Immaculate Reception 2, it became such a famous play. We just gotta hope our new rookies can do well enough to give the Steelers a better season than last year's. Though, Lord Raven is right that they're being pitted against a bunch of good teams this season. Argh. >_<

I've been doing Fantasy Football for 5 years

I'd probably join depends on how we would do it.

I never they would be able to stop AP. CJ2K has no O-line that's the key to it. And you can shut down forte by putting seven in the box. Spiller is really at his best on the outside where his speed can blow people away. But I'm not sure he can stay healthy the entire season.

The way you put up your prediction made it seem like you thought the Vikings would try to attack through the air (and as a result the Steelers would stop them because Ponder is a mediocre QB). You didn't mention AP at all, who will probably run straight through the middle. I really wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers would lose this game.

get on skype and we'll talk

what's skype again?

Steeler rookies can still do well if they put their minds to it. Wallace won the team a game against the Packers in his rookie year AT THE LAST THREE SECONDS. It was dubbed the Immaculate Reception 2, it became such a famous play. We just gotta hope our new rookies can do well enough to give the Steelers a better season than last year's. Though, Lord Raven is right that they're being pitted against a bunch of good teams this season. Argh. >_<

Well let's just hope they don't have injury problems. Jarvis Jones could be a ROY candidate (and the biggest steal of the draft) if he stays healthy the whole year and plays up to his potential. He was once a top 5 prospect before teams got worried about his injury history.

I've been doing Fantasy Football for 5 years

I'd probably join depends on how we would do it.

It's just a standard ESPN fantasy league.

Le'veon Bell (Mendenhall's replacement. I noticed he was dropped as well, though this is also kinda disappointing since he's pretty damn good. Just needs to keep a better grip on the ball sometimes) is supposed to have great potential too. But yeah, the Steelers NEED to prevent a bunch of injuries for anything to work this time.