Mason's New Fanfictions (Because one isn't enough)

Wake

Hey, everybody, How are you? It's been a while, no?

Yeah, I've been off the grid. And when i'm off the grid, i write, and this time, i have the beginnings of two new stories. Because the last two were epic, right? One is an Awakening Fanfic, with a slight (read: absolutely major and vital to story) twist that I'm not ready to tell you about yet. We shall call it "Project Conquest". No more details yet. The reveal was just for kicks and giggles.

The second is an attempt to write Blazing Sword with a really awesome version of me in it. It's tentativly titled Fire Emblem: Light from Afar, and it's working out fine. But I require some help. This is relatively simple, a'ight? I'm planning on killing one of the male characters from FE7 off in the story, but I'm not sure who it will be yet. Anyone except Hector and Eliwood is up for execution. Second, I'd like some suggestions on pairings. Pent and Louise is taken, and Lyn belongs to Mark (tactician). Again, everyone else is up for execution love. Thanks for any suggestions given.

I'm accepting applications for Beta Readers, just PM me if you'd like to apply. Later.

~Mason

Note: Beta Reading is just prereading and proofreading. Simple enough.

Edited by Viridian Tempest

Another "Green Man"? Impossibru.

Hm, never played FE7. Therefore, I'll just pull a name out of my hat for death. Painful death.

Assuming we're just rolling with playable characters. . . Drum roll please!

*free-deep*

. . I wanted drums, not crickets. -_-''

Anyways, random name pulling.

Merlinus?

Um. . . your supply convoy is dead? Yeah, I think I'm not very helpful. Ask someone with common sense instead.

Erm... Thanks?

I don't think Merlinus is a playable character, he can't actually move or take any action.

Thanks though. You interested in beta reading, green?

I could never have guessed that the creative - writing section would be so dead. It's a bit disheartening, really, but I suppose there are other places where this can be taken.

While I would be interested in Beta Reading, I cannot possibly hope to vouch for my ability for giving good constructive criticism-or timely constructive criticism, for that matter. I'm but an amateur who writes things in his head, never his paper. My tastes are usually considered strange. I read a lot, but I'm easily pleased by most things I read - low standards for satisfaction, high standards for excellence.

In TL:DR, yes, I wouldn't mind beta reading, I just hope you get some other beta readers as well or your fic may never get any polish.

Also. . . I guess I could get used to being called green. Hm. . .

Edited by Verdant Shade

You'd be the fifth beta reader, which should give each of the five some leeway. There shouldn't be many spelling errors, if any; I'm usually pretty good about those things.

My biggest problem is slipping from past tense to present tense, writing two stories, one in past tense and one in present, can be a little confusing.

But I thank you for your aid, and if anyone else on this site would check this section from time to time, (glares) I would be grateful to them too.

Oh, and speed isn't an issue. I just want to finish the story, I don't have any particular wish for speed.

Edited by Viridian Tempest

^I have a similar problem with tenses.

I usually write in bursts. A load at once, then I'll do something else for several days, like playing Awakening or whatever.

Wow. Are you sure you aren't my long lost twin brother?

Yeah, for anybody who looks at this who cares, I'll probably end up posting the story here as I post it on Fanfiction. Either that, or just links to chapters.

Dude kill Athos. It'll be a good plot twist. Trust me.

Honestly speaking if you intend to kill someone their death should have a lasting impact. As an example kill off someone like... Sain, (or even better, Florina) during chapter x as they attempt to reclaim Caelin during Lyn mode. That way it can be used in many cause and effect ways ie: Lyn is depressed so Mark consoles her, Mark questions his tactical abilities so he leaves to further his knowledge, the celebration after Caelin isn't happy but instead it's sad for the legion because Sain is dead but they have to act happy, ect.

Of course those are only a few ideas that you could either use or chose to ignore them. I'm just giving you a few examples.

Edit: Also yes LynXMark/Tactician. I ship that shit so hard.

Edit2: My bad for the male only part but I think you got the idea anyway.

Edited by Harkas

Quick question: Will Karel or Harken be recruited? Same for Wallace or Geitz.

Oh... I suggest Oswin or Heath to die during the story. Oswin's death will have a profound effect on Hector, which could make for some good writing.

EDIT: To Harkas above: Tempest mentioned that it would be a male character who would die, not a female like Florina.

EDIT2: As for pairings, JaffarxNino is kind of impossible not to do. HarkenxIsadora is nice too, even though I love Legault. LowenxRebecca or WilxRebecca, KentxFiora or KentxFarina... They're all pretty good. KarlaxBartre is unavoidable, to be honest.

Oh, HectorxFlorina is good too.

Edited by TheWarpedWizard

I say kill off Kent (because he's boring) and do HectorxFlorina, EliwoodxNinian, SainxFiora, WilxRebecca, ErkxSerra, DartxFarina, and HarkenxIsadora for pairings. :)

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually thinking Kent, but NOT because he's boring. I actually kinda like him Instead, I'm considering the impact it would have:

[1] On Mark, because as I'm writing him (he's me), failure screws him mentally, and losing Kent would be less than fun. Agonizing self questioning will probably happen.

[2] On Lyn, 'cause he is her right hand man and good friend, and nobody likes that. Then, she can be mad at both herself and Mark, 'cause irrational anger is the first step to true love. (I hope)

[3] Saiiiiiiin. That would be the most fun. He'll begin to question his lifestyle (Kent did always say it wouldn't end well, haha), and perhaps even change himself to try to be more like Kent. Also,

[4] Everyone else. When you think about it, Kent was there from the very beginning. He becomes something of a legend among newer members. He dies, and everyone remembers their own mortality.

~Then again, y'all have some good ideas too. Shipping LynXMark is the best one, but all of the others are great.

EDIT ONE:I might maybe possibly kill Athos. Depends on how grey I feel at that chapter.

EDIT TWO: I'll definitely go with Wallace. I have plans for wallace. Hilarious plans. Plans that involve... bwah hah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha... Cake.

Now, I'm not saying I won't get Gietz too. I can do both, right? Same for Karel and Harken, 'cause I really don't care for either.

EDIT THREE: I probably won't concentrate too much on the pairings, they'll mainly be mentioned in passing, etc, to add detail and whatnot. I'm actually considering SerraxHector, 'cause it'd be so much fun to write about Hector being overpowered by sheer brute strength. Heh. I'm not the hugest fan of Hector, you know. Not that I'll be overly mean to him in the story.

And.... umm, thanks for the input, guys.

Edited by Mason