• I wanted to have a powerful child
    • I liked the confession artwork
    • I didn't marry
    • Other

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I married Miriel because I wanted a magic based Morgan and because of her looks. Its a shame that she is such a one trick pony and that they rarely ever go beyond the science person who talks with big words.

Having Morgan come in with high stats, Ignis and tomefaire was pretty nice though.

I pick pairings based on both children power and conversations. There are a few things I wanted to have, like having MU marry a child character for a powerful Morgan, making sure at least 2 of the 3 female children who can optionally get Galeforce do so, and giving Kjelle 7 base classes. The rest is up to the conversation and any possible official indications (like the official manga).

Ultimately, it's children first, then conversation. It's the case for all pairings, not just MU.

The manga hints at canon pairings? Just...wtf. >_>

Not sure if there even is a full on official manga (there's a ton of doujinshi, but nothing that I know of in the way of an Official Manga. There's that base comic, but that doesn't say anything and doesn't cover a whole lot.), but that's something that is/would be an indicator, yes.

I married Tharja for Super Noire and to maximize Galeforce spread for all of the children. In my next playthrough though, I'll either marry Cordelia or play FeMU and marry whichever second gen boy tickles my fancy.

Not sure if there even is a full on official manga (there's a ton of doujinshi, but nothing that I know of in the way of an Official Manga. There's that base comic, but that doesn't say anything and doesn't cover a whole lot.), but that's something that is/would be an indicator, yes.

Well then, there should be no official manga or anything of the sort, because imagine the uproar from fans it would cause because of the pairing thing.

Edited by Anacybele

Nothing beats freaking out over your OTP not being accepted, huh?

(I'd be pissed if Henry/Olivia would be canon because I think it's rather overrated, but eh.)

Unless I'm mistaken, I haven't heard of any uproar in regards to the mangas of the other games, (and in Elibe's case, of it's novel)... besides, it wouldn't be unheard of for people to just ignore them. It's kinda like standard practice to ignore canon nowadays...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

The mangas probably aren't regarded as canon then, I imagine. I've heard others say fans would be pissed if an Awakening anime were made and other stuff though.

And in Elibe's case, that novel actually uses the most popular pairings for the lords. Media for other games probably don't.

Edited by Anacybele

Female Avatar: Chrom, because story reasons, supports are funny, his artwork was sweet, I get two kickass powerful children, I get Lucina as a daughter (proudest mother ever!), and Chrom by himself is an ok, cool kind of guy that I wouldn't be adverse to dating in real life if he existed. Oh, and I get to have a huge asskicking extended royal family for my streetpass team (with Emmeryn, Lissa, Lon'qu, and Owain).

Male Avatar: Tiki, because I like her and think she's cool and cute, she's a freaking dragon (who's not a loli), supports are sweet, artwork is heart wrenchingly sweet, she's semi story important and it makes interesting dynamics that Grima's Avatar would fall in love with Naga's Avatar, and I get a cute potential apocalypse maiden out of it in the form of an asskicking Manakete Morgan. Nuff said.

Can we get

• really liked their support conversations
  • bullet_star_rated.png I wanted to have a powerful child
  • I liked the confession artwork

as all one option?

The checkmark boxes for voting would be good here.

I married Lissa because I made my pairings early and didn't want to switch them. I married Nowi because Nah needed many skills to be used on my StreetPass team the way I wanted her to - more than the other children that weren't Chrom's. in both cases, I like their positive attitudes in general, so I'm satisfied with my choices.

generally I marry gerome/laurent on my minmaxing runs, and miriel on my maMU runs (mostly because I like and can relate to her character)

lissaMU canon wut clearly ChromMU is canon

Edited by Cluie

There's no "I just liked him" option?

In all honestly, I married Gangrel so Morgan would marry Lucina. He was also my favorite guy, and I love the idea of marring a villain (Why be Queen of Iris when you can be the Queen of Plegia? Shut up, guys, Gangrel's sols ending never happened. I never saw it ). But it had nothing to do with support conversations (he could have had the worst in the game and I would have still married him) / overpowered kids (Morgan wasn't bad, with +Skill MU) / confession artwork (I love his... But I would have married Donny/Basilio if that was my reason).

First playthrough? Tharja. I guess I liked that sort of thing.

Second was Olivia, and Inigo was a godly swordmaster.

Third was Tiki, because I wanted a taste of Manakete Morgan.

Fourth was Emmeryn, and I ended up with a godly mage Morgan.

Fifth? I... Don't know yet. I think I'll go for Olivia!Lucina.

As for my first female playthrough, I'll marry either Henry or Libra.