Why did you marry [insertunithere?]  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Why did you marry [insertunithere?]

• I really liked their support conversations
    • I wanted to have a powerful child
    • I liked the confession artwork
    • I didn't marry
    • Other

I married Chrom because I hoped that the story would benefit from it.

I'm sorry if you were disappointed. :(

It didn't do much. If anything, it makes chapter 21 worse.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually I marry for supports or stats, but my two most prominent are other.

On my first playthrough I married Chrom because I had no idea about the Ch 11 marriage and the game forced me to. Good pairing, just not my favorite.

My favorite is Inigo, even though I really don't care for his FeMU supports. I just really, really like his character - and especially their Hot Springs conversation, makes up for the "meh" supports in a way.

Also, 3rd gen Rightful King'd Morgan is not bad at all.

I married nowi because of stats and because it solves nah lack of skills. This game is not a dating sim, so there is no reason to marry the girl i like the most which is... Kjelle.

Edited by Nobody

The only thing that got me out of my taboo to marry Lucina was at the end game when she said:

(And being spoiled by how mushy the fan fictions are of maleRobinxLucina)

.....and I would have considered it again if I didn't find out how boring she was, outside of trying to save the world (though someone had to point it out for me).

Care to actually point that out? (*Disagrees heavily*)

Don't get me wrong, I didn't agree at first either, but after I was told, I started to noticed it all. Nearly everything she says has to do with saving the world, her sense of duty or training for the next battle, from her supports, to even just idle talk. It's what you'd expect from someone who grew up in awful times without her parents and being the princess, and don't get me wrong, I still find her cute and admire her kind, yet determined personality, but there comes a point where it's just too much. I give her credit for trying to have a sense of humor ("Pointy Demonspanker", really?) but she just doesn't make it anymore after these realizations.

I'll get over it eventually because she's too innocent and pure to not like..... just not for a while

Edited by HeroKingMarth

Don't get me wrong, I didn't agree at first either, but after I was told, I started to noticed it all. Nearly everything she says has to do with saving the world, her sense of duty or training for the next battle, from her supports, to even just idle talk. It's what you'd expect from someone who grew up in awful times without her parents and being the princess, and don't get me wrong, I still find her cute and admire her kind, yet determined personality, but there comes a point where it's just too much. I give her credit for trying to have a sense of humor ("Pointy Demonspanker", really?) but she just doesn't make it anymore after these realizations.

I'll get over it eventually because she's too innocent and pure to not like..... just not for a while

I dunno, but I certainly found the opposite. >_>;; (So I still heavily disagree)

About the only time I found her boring whatsoever was her terrible supports with Gerome.

She's a serious character, yes, but that hardly makes her boring.

I dunno, but I certainly found the opposite. >_>;; (So I still heavily disagree)

About the only time I found her boring whatsoever was her terrible supports with Gerome.

She's a serious character, yes, but that hardly makes her boring.

That's my point all together. she's just too serious, and when it comes to my avatar, I take marriage very personally and thought "wow, did I really marry someone who is all work and no play?" Maybe I just shouldn't put my preferences into it and remember that it's Robin, not me, whose getting married

Edited by HeroKingMarth

Yes, talking about husbandos without sounding loonier than Lunatic+ without Frederick.

I married Lon'qu because I found him attractive appearance-wise and voice-wise. I also grew to like him more when I did his supports with everyone else. The female Avatar is really kooky towards him, and this is one of the few times I don't mind her quirks because it's hilarious both ways. I think it's funny he both calls her out on her crap, and grows to find it amusing/endearing. I kinda imagine them to never be bored with eachother. Morgan also looks great with dark hair.

That's my point all together. she's just too serious, and when it comes to my avatar, I take marriage very personally and thought "wow, did I really marry someone who is all work and no play?" Maybe I just shouldn't put my preferences into it and remember that it's Robin, not me, whose getting married

However, the fact is, you're missing the point of most of her supports. She's literally only "all work and no play" in her support with Gerome, which is exactly why that line sucks and is terrible. She is serious and focused but given the circumstances that's justified- she has to put her mission first during a time of war- failure means losing everything yet again. However, she's very clearly not "all work no play" (unless she's supporting Gerome).

If you needed to have that idea pointed out to you, that's because it isn't there, and as a result of it, you're actively tuning out a huge point of her characterization.

White-knighting waifus because they don't love her as much as you do.

Look, character discussion is fine and all, but when someone doesn't like her because they find her boring as a marriage partner BECAUSE of the way she was designed, you can't really do anything about it besides look like you're white knighting a fictional character.

Edited by shadowofchaos

First run I married Lissa because First Girl Wins.

Second run I married Lucina because both the Avatar and Lucina have the personality of a dead sloth and I didn't want any of the other second gen characters to be stuck with her.

Now that I think about it...I believe the reason why I married Priam in my first playthrough was because I was still an Ike fangirl at the time I learned he existed...I dunno.

Edited by TheGhosteon

I agree, while I still like her character, almost all of her dialogue mentions the future and it gets bland the more you hear about it. I think the writers tried too hard to bring out the "heroic" part of her, and it's kinda sad that a character with this much potential turned out to have a one-dimensional personality (a little bit like the other characters in this game to be honest). Oh well, I still like her as a character; she has her moments.

I agree, while I still like her character, almost all of her dialogue mentions the future and it gets bland the more you hear about it. I think the writers tried too hard to bring out the "heroic" part of her, and it's kinda sad that a character with this much potential turned out to have a one-dimensional personality (a little bit like the other characters in this game to be honest). Oh well, I still like her as a character; she has her moments.

Thank you for your agreement. Getting back to the topic here, I'm doing a new play through and, regretful as it may be, I'm actually leaning towards Tharja. Kind of felt bad for leaving her hanging when she's really the first to confess her feelings and is very devoted to Robin

Edited by HeroKingMarth

Except she's not one dimensional. >_>;; That's the thing.

You can always make a character less, but not more. And she's clearly more than what credit she's getting.

Well on my first Playthrough, ( On Normal, my ' Lets just See what happens' run through, meaning not looking up best pairings Stat wise) I Picked Lucina. The whole ' Came back from the future to save everyone ' was cool,

On my Second Playthrough. ( Which I accidentally saved over my first ) Im planning On Chrom, ( Im unsure so far though, only on chp. 5)

On my third. it will probably be Priam, just because Ike is one of my favorite Protagonists.

And Question: I read through this thread, and people were saying ' on my 5th and 6th playthrough' And yet ( I thought) you could only get 3, Am I missing something? or are they just deleting their old playthroughs?

And Question: I read through this thread, and people were saying ' on my 5th and 6th playthrough' And yet ( I thought) you could only get 3, Am I missing something? or are they just deleting their old playthroughs?

Deleteing files is a given.

And if you've got save dongle/digital copy, backups exist.

Also, if you're crafty, Casual Mode + Battle Saves bring your files up to 5.

And if you're crazy, or got the bundle and like Physical Copies, you can have both Physical and Digital which gives 6 total files.

Except she's not one dimensional. >_>;; That's the thing.

You can always make a character less, but not more. And she's clearly more than what credit she's getting.

Well, I do suppose it'a matter of opinion, and I guess it depends on how you look at her. It still doesn't change the fact that her character needs improvement (but hey, all characters have their own flaws).

Panne, because she is a true warrior. I have a terrible weakness for that. It was a pretty quick decision, looking back, but when I saw that confession CG I knew I picked the right one. Also because...well you DO get an ass kicking bunny family. Nuff said.

My fem unit married Walhart. That uh...I can explain...

Well...to be honest, it was mostly so I could laugh my ass off to the confession. And because I think 'ol Wally is hilarious. His inane obsession with conquering the simplest things gets to me. He's pretty badass when he crits too...