GaiusxOlivia

HenryxMaribelle

DonnelxSully

FrederickxCherche

GregorxPanne

RickenxMiriel

Lon'quxTharja

KellamxNowi

My avatar's asset is skill, flaw is HP. I was going to marry Cordelia for two really good children, but I'm thinking about switching him out with Virion so I can marry someone else. Severa can get good enough skills with either, she'll just be a bit more defensive with Virion. Feel free to critique my other pairs, but I'm mainly worried about Cordelia. Vaike and Lissa are already married, so I can't change that. Thanks for the help.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from the Wyvern line Virion doesn't really give anything worthwhile to Severa (skills, classes,and modifiers). (Severa can go Bow Knight or Dark Knight by default) Granted it's really hard to have a bad setup for Severa.

You're not using Stahl at all? Then marry Cordelia to him. He's Severa's absolute best father, since he gives her cavalier and myrmidon, which is everything she needs. The great mods she gets are the icing on the cake.

Stahl and Cordelia have an adorable support too! I also say you marry them. :D

But if you really don't want to use Stahl, Frederick is your next best bet for Severa. I'm not saying this because I'm a Freddy fangirl either. Frederick also offers good mods and Cavalier to Severa.

Edited by Anacybele

Stahl and Cordelia have an adorable support too! I also say you marry them. :D

But if you really don't want to use Stahl, Frederick is your next best bet for Severa. I'm not saying this because I'm a Freddy fangirl either. Frederick also offers good mods and Cavalier to Severa.

I dunno about Frederick, Severa doesn't really want a father who hurts her speed. (Having access to all breaker skills sounds lulzy though)

IMO Severa's 3 best fathers are:

1: Male Avatar (He's the best father for basically everyone though)

2: Stahl

3: Lon'qu

Frederick/Cordelia > Stahl/Cordelia

I'd take wyvern rider and cavalier access over myrmidon and archer access anyday.

And Frederick is definitely one of the best dads for Severa. Better than Stahl, I'd say.

Edited by Zeem

Ana, they're again... talking about gameplay mechanics here.

I don't usually see you posting in threads like this unless the words "Frederick" and "good" are in your post.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Um, I know. Otherwise, I wouldn't have mentioned stat inheritance and passing the Cavalier line. >.>

Not everything I post about Frederick revolves around my favoritism for him.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I usually do StahlxCordelia, I was just thinking about trying something new. I agree, it's the best. I'll probably marry Tiki or Say'ri, but if I marry Tiki, should I go Grandmaster or Manakete? I figure I already have three other Manaketes, so I don't need a fourth one. What do you guys think?

Frederick/Cordelia > Stahl/Cordelia

I'd take wyvern rider and cavalier access over myrmidon and archer access anyday.

And Frederick is definitely one of the best dads for Severa. Better than Stahl, I'd say.

Stahl also gives Cavalier.

Frederick is a high-tier dad for Severa. Access to PavGis is pretty neat, but dat Speed(also the support convo if that matters for you).

Fred!Severa's solid, mostly because of inherited Pavise/Aegis to be a tanky Sorcerer/General/Hero whatever with using Sol. The speed is kind of an issue, but in most cases, I'd argue that it's not a big deal.

If you really want to try something new, you could shuffle Stahl to Cherche and give Fred to Cordelia instead. Gerome likes getting Vantage and Aegis (or Bowbreaker if you like that), can use stuff like Aggressor/Luna, and still gets Dual Guard to do defensive support stuff like everyone has him do. He also gets enough from Stahl alone to put in some work as a Paladin or Assassin.

I actually really like Fred's support with Cordelia (except for the part where Cordelia whined about her unrequited love for Chrom, that was kind of pathetic) and contrary to some people's beliefs, I don't believe Cordelia is just "settling" for Frederick or leaving him as second best at all. She actually says she promises to love ONLY Frederick if he only loves her and that she's grown tired of unrequited love. Which is basically "Oh, I'm tired of loving Chrom and not having him love me back, so I'm done with that. I've fallen for you now anyway. <3" to me.

Edited by Anacybele

Frederick!Gerome has better stats than Stahl!Gerome, and Stahl!Severa has better stats than Fred!Severa, so I'm going to go with that. Would Morgan fare better as a grandmaster or a manakete? If she's a grandmaster will the permanent dragon weakness hinder her a lot?

Sorry to one person, (You know who you are) but my OTP is Gaius and Olivia.

Frederick!Gerome has better stats than Stahl!Gerome, and Stahl!Severa has better stats than Fred!Severa, so I'm going to go with that. Would Morgan fare better as a grandmaster or a manakete? If she's a grandmaster will the permanent dragon weakness hinder her a lot?

Sorry to one person, (You know who you are) but my OTP is Gaius and Olivia.

Not really, Wyvern slayers aren't that common. However if you have the Avatar marry Tiki/Nowi/Nah isn't it kind of pointless to not have Morgan as a Manakete?

Edited by Virion

I'm not marrying Tiki for the stats. I'm marrying her because I like her character and supports. I figured Morgan beasts everything no matter what.

He does. Screwing over Morgan by marrying certain characters is literally impossible.

I don't blame you for picking Virion/Cordelia and it's a decent pairing. Not amazing, but decent. Virion's skill modifier will ensue that Severa spams Sol like a boss, plus she can break EVERY weapon in the game, with access to Bowbreaker, Tomebreaker, Lancebreaker, Swordbreaker AND Axebreaker.

I like Tiki!Morgan. Luckily there aren't many problems with Wyrmslayers or fellow Wyrmsbane because then that Dragon status carried over into all classes would be problematic. Plus even if she stays a Manakete, that Dragonstone+ makes here incredibly strong

Doesn't matter who you give Severa though it's the general consensus that Stahl is the go to guy. I don't particularly like the Archer addition, but his other two classes are solid inheritance for her. Frederick is pretty good too as he gives the Cavalier class that Stahl does plus the only useful class for Severa from Virion: Wyvern Rider. Lon'qu's defenses are not too great for her, but his skill and speed boost is unrivaled, plus myrmidon and wyvern rider pass down.

Why Gaius!Inigo? The only thing he's getting from that is Trickster. I also don't really get Lon'qu!Noire or Vaike!Owain.

Edited by Canto

Honestly, I just like that pairing and Inigo gets good stats because of it. He can wreck with Armsthrift, sol or astra, galeforce, swordfaire, and axefaire. The only thing he misses out on is luna. Lon'qu!Noire is mainly so she can be a sniper. I have Henry, Tharja, and Tiki!Morgan as sorcerors, so I don't another, but I only have one other sniper. Vaike!Owain makes Owain actually usable as a swordmaster.

Gaius!Noire is significantly better. And Inigo actually gets something useful from Lon'qu too. Seems like a pretty easy switch.

And thanks to Aggressor, Owain can do just fine without Vaike's str mod. I would recommend swapping Vaike and Kellam. He will have an overall -1 spd mod but the Swordmaster cap is ludicrously high and he gets Luna out of the trade. It also greatly improves Nah's skill pool via Sol.

Edited by Meteor

I'd actually argue that Lon'qu!Noire is better used as a Sorcerer rather than a Sniper, since he doesn't hurt magic and gives any kid Vantage to abuse stuff like Nosferatu/Ruin/etc with, in addition to making them really fast. It's part of the reason why Severa and Laurent do so well with him when they go that route. But if Gaius is free, he should go to Noire since he's basically Lon'qu but better for her thanks to Sol, and he gives her more stuff to do well in other classes with, such as Galeforce to go with Luna.

Also seconding Meteor in saying that Vaike!Nah and Kellam!Owain are probably better than their alternatives. I think you said that you already did Lissa/Vaike, though, so keep this in mind if you do another run or redo what you have. Worth mentioning that Nah's the only daughter who gets both Mercenary and Knight from him, two of the best classes in the game. All the others already start with one of the two, so one of those gets squandered usually.

Edited by HeoandReo