Jedi Shows off his Photoshop work.. Again

Jedi

While i'm kind of lame at making my own art.. As in drawing it. I have over the years been able to get decent skill in photo manipulation via effects and brushes and stuff via Photoshop.

People know this.. Because of late I've had to do requests haha.

Latest work from the end of last year till now/examples just to show you all.

jprebs_sophia_request_by_jedisupersonic-

sonic_signature_by_jedisupersonic-d6ai3e

eirika_signature_by_jedisupersonic-d69c7

magicians_valkyria_cr_by_jedisupersonic-

ogami_sig_by_jedisupersonic-d68c9n8.jpg

ogami_avatar_by_jedisupersonic-d68cixt.j

david_s_titania_request_by_jedisupersoni

shin_vs_horace_by_jedisupersonic-d67vr6u

serenes_forest_banner_by_jedisupersonic-

peppy_ilyana_request_by_jedisupersonic-d

xinny_nanna_request_by_jedisupersonic-d6

pkl_ryan__amp__palla_request_by_jedisupe

doofina_s_lucina_request_by_jedisuperson

breezy_yen_fay_request_by_jedisupersonic

zm_cynthia_request_by_jedisupersonic-d67

zeratul_signature_by_jedisupersonic-d5rn

iria_signature_by_jedisupersonic-d5rgkw2

mia_avatar_by_jedisupersonic-d5sbgqk.jpg

fuka_signature_by_jedisupersonic-d5ptz4h

mitsuru_signature_by_jedisupersonic-d5m2

future_gohan_sig_by_jedisupersonic-d5mpj

espeon_and_leafeon_request_by_jedisupers

teen_gohan_signature_request_by_jedisupe

Nice job with the Photoshop skills!

Espeon and Sylveon don't go together at all!

Insert productive comment here!

Nice job with the Photoshop skills!

Espeon and Sylveon don't go together at all!

Insert productive comment here!

That was a request of da Breeze, but thats Leafeon silly! :P

You're allowed to bump your own art topic, no matter how many years have gone by. :P:

Nice sigs, BTW.

Welp I didn't know that haha! Thanks ^^;

Edited by Jedi

Your images always seem so pretty with a bunch of light effects~ I'm still not completely familiar how to create these effects but hopefully over time I will learn =o

They're pretty neato, Jedi! =D

That's pretty hot

:P

Your images always seem so pretty with a bunch of light effects~ I'm still not completely familiar how to create these effects but hopefully over time I will learn =o

They're pretty neato, Jedi! =D

Well I like adding brightness and messing around with the brush settings alot, that's how I got the majority of them xD.

Thanks

I wish I could make one of these

It took me a fair bit of time to get the hang of it. Gimp is a program similar to PS in some ways and free. I'd advise starting with it and just messing around with its various options, effects and stuff.

It's what I started with matter of fact and I still use it for some projects. Plus I like how it renders images when you get the hang of doing it ^^;

Edited by Jedi

The only problem I see with your arts is that they're far too bright. You have issues with lighting too much (like in the Disgaea sign, which is the best imo, the Pkl sign, the Lucina sign, the Sonic sign) or in a wrong way (like in the Eirika sign case). Also, try not to use a lot of effects at once. While they're pretty, there is also a chance that they'll polute the sign, making it only worse. Try to stick with a "theme" and don't go too far off.

It took me a fair bit of time to get the hang of it. Gimp is a program similar to PS in some ways and free. I'd advise starting with it and just messing around with its various options, effects and stuff.

It's what I started with matter of fact and I still use it for some projects. Plus I like how it renders images when you get the hang of doing it ^^;

As much as it would be cool to do, my dedications lie elsewhere and I doubt I would ever have the time and patience for it. Yet I don't want to be that selfishly lazy person to request for a signature (Though it would please me greatly).

Damn my conflicted mind

The only problem I see with your arts is that they're far too bright. You have issues with lighting too much (like in the Disgaea sign, which is the best imo, the Pkl sign, the Lucina sign, the Sonic sign) or in a wrong way (like in the Eirika sign case). Also, try not to use a lot of effects at once. While they're pretty, there is also a chance that they'll polute the sign, making it only worse. Try to stick with a "theme" and don't go too far off.

Yeah. My friend of mine who originally taught me how to do this. She also thinks I go a bit too brightly on stuff haha ^^

Amazing, how do you make such beautiful art?

Practice, practice, practice. It's odd to hear my stuff called art when all I do is manipulate images and mess with effects lol.

I actually think it adds to the effect. The only ones I'd consider too bright are the SF banner and the one he did for PKL. I'd also disagree that he uses too many effects, a lot of them are simple filters overlaying a fairly funky background. Without either, he's left with a whole tonne of empty space, which will either look boring or look cluttered if he fills it up.

shin_vs_horace_by_jedisupersonic-d67vr6u

Hey, why does my side look like the bad guy!