Scripting Assistance Needed - FEXP

MtlXMf

Hello! I am currently working on a very small FEXP project, and was hoping someone would help me a little bit?

My questions are as follow:

- What code do you use in order to have the camera pan across the map?

- How do you get a camera to follow a unit on the map, for a scene?

I have been following Klok's tutorial for Yeti's FEXP, but I've been trying to solve this problem for a little while now. Here are some screenshots:

Map

hv6Nu3k.png

Event 1

1rrt5fw.png

Event 2

xf0Miql.png

I am trying to get event 1 (sage map sprite) to move towards the room on the top left, in the map. I also wish to have the camera pan, and follow him on his short walk.

Note: I am still looking for someone to assist with coding. If someone agrees to help me finish this project, they will be paid (either in dollars, or I can also trade for custom mugs.).

Edited by MtlXMf

To move the camera to a certain location use:

CAM1 [Position X, Position Y]

To have the camera follow units automatically use:

CMON

To have the camera stop following units use:

CMOF

But that is just for event assembler, your screenshots do not look familiar to me.

There ARE no other tutorials. Also it's being dropped for support because of CENSORED BY CISPA.

I have no interest in returning to FEXP but I'll answer questions if they're in my current realm of expertise.

1. Is your map a SCENE map? You can't move units without glitching the game unless it's a SCENE map. If you don't know what a SCENE map is, re-read my tutorial.

2. The camera doesn't follow units that are moving. Because FEXP sucks with that regard.

3. ????

4. Profit.

You can pan the camera, you can move the character, but you can't do both at once without it looking awkward unless you time it really carefully. I don't even recall how I did it other than there being a moveplayer command and the move event command that you were using in the one screenshot. Seriously, I haven't touched FEXP in like 5 months now aside from when I had to show a couple things to Yeti.