FE:A How do Generals suck?

We understand your point. It's just not right per say.

To elaborate. Why use them on an immobile unit instead of a highly mobile unit or a rescue staffer to cut down turns.

Edited by Randa

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MU is a bad indicator of whether or not a class is good. MU has godly stats and access to almost every skill. Pretty much every promoted class will be good on MU.

This.

How do generals suck? When you're playing normal, essentially none of the classes suck. When you're the avatar, essentially none of the classes suck. Look at the growths and skills of the other classes and you'll see that General is nothing special. Generals don't completely suck because it'll get you Pavise after not being able to double anyone for a long time, but its skills still aren't among the ones that people usually plan inheritance after (Galeforce, Armsthrift, Sol, Luna, Counter, etc.). Without grinding, enjoy the ~10% speed growth on Generals. When you're grinding, essentially none of the classes suck.

Low movement, low speed, limited output. Pavise is not very reliable as you can't depend on it to live all the time. The only potential Generals that can realistically be used are Kellam and Kjelle, both who prefer to be a Great Knight and reclassed Frederick and Sumia, both who have more mobile and better classes to be built up in. Anyone else has E Lances, which is terrible.

High durability is actually nulled because Generals normally get doubled a lot unless you play on Normal mode.

Agreed, I know that there are units with better move out there, I never disputed that. I was saying that my move is 8, which is not terrible, I took a weakness and got rid of it, that is what I was saying. I am not on here yelling at people to bow down to my almighty General and tremble, I am merely trying to get the point across that maybe, just maybe Generals are not as bad as people let on, and can be made good.

you're doing a pretty awful job at making your point then

i don't really understand how you can claim that "all generals are good" when you've taken the best character in the game and made him into a general on the easiest mode of the game

+DEF/-LCK General?

Dropped Sol, because you said you don't need it, and gave ya Limit Break.

K, you've got 47 RES, 45 SPD.

57 RES, 55 SPD after rallies.

60 RES, 58 SPD with Pair Up (Not making assumptions for class layout, so you get a generic+3),

62 RES, 60 SPD after Tonics.

Say hello:

Outrealm Sage 20 80 50 64 63 52 55 41 50 6 Tome.png A Celica's Gale, Catharsis Dragonskin, Hawkeye, Luna+, Pavise+

This guy doesn't like you.

70 ATK, Hawkeye Luna+ Brave.

You live with a max of 7 HP. You don't have Vantage, and there's 4 of him. Good ****ing luck.

Oh.. this guy too:

Outrealm Sniper 20 80 76 55 83 70 60 70 46 6 Bow.png A Brave Bow++

Dragonskin, Luna+, Vantage+, Pavise+, Aegis+

Your DEF?

Let's be generous and give ya a Helswath. 69.

Rallies: 79.

Generic Pair Up: 82.

Tonic brings you up to 84.

96 ATK on that one.

42 DEF after his Luna+ isn't going to cut it: he quads you, and is gonna hit for 54 per hit. (Note: Yes, this guy is totally unfair, as not even the mighty K!N!M General Helswath (Best General in the game with 76 base DEF after LB) can live thru his Opening swing (He need not Quad ANYONE to kill them, his Brave Bow is enough to slay you on that alone.)... (Note 2: I wish he had Hawkeye/Counter instead of Double Shields+, would've been more interesting))

Edited by Airship Canon

Apotheosis stats

well to be fair, you'd attack from 1-range on the sniper anyway no matter the class

but to the OP, it's great that you gave your avatar essentially +3 move as a general

but guess what

every other class could've also gotten the +3, for 11 move Paladins or something

and their speed cap is still horrible

i don't really understand how you can claim that "all generals are good" when you've taken the best character in the game and made him into a general on the easiest mode of the game

Best post on the thread.

Edited by Elieson

Mod note: No, I am not cleaning up the clusterfuck of double and triple posts in this thread. TC, READ THE RULES, AND DON'T DOUBLE POST OUTSIDE OF FFTF! It looks like you're aware of the existence of the Edit button, so use it!

Generals have but one single use. Unlocking Aegis for your character.

That's more use to me than Berserkers

You are sorely mislead.

Pfft, Berserkers have no skills I care about that warrant going through that class anyhow

berserkers would be better if they all looked like basilio

fucking puny mortals, the lot of them

The GBA Berserkers looked much better than Awakening's anyhow. At least those looked badass. Awakening's berserkers... just look outright ridiculous.

Pfft, Berserkers have no skills I care about that warrant going through that class anyhow

The GBA Berserkers looked much better than Awakening's anyhow. At least those looked badass. Awakening's berserkers... just look outright ridiculous.

Agreed. I've never needed Axefaire for anyone... or that other skill they give.

I think they'd look better if they used the buff model. Twigs and berserkers do not mix.

Or at least, give people like Gregor and Vaike and Size3 MU access to the buffzerker model. Doesn't make sense for them to that thin, while it doesn't make sense for henry and laurent and subsize3 maMU to use the buff model either.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I've just merged a total of 8 posts into 3. Chernobog, please stop double/triple posting. Use the Edit button and/or MultiQuote.

On topic, there's not anything I can say that hasn't already been said. Your argument for Generals being a good class is enormously flawed. Why, though, do you have Sol on your character when it's never used? Surely you can put something better in there (although it probably doesn't matter since you're capped on Normal mode).

Agreed. I've never needed Axefaire for anyone... or that other skill they give.

Same here. And Wrath... well, that was nerfed into uselessness in this game, so meh.

I think they'd look better if they used the buff model. Twigs and berserkers do not mix.

Or at least, give people like Gregor and Vaike and Size3 MU access to the buffzerker model. Doesn't make sense for them to that thin, while it doesn't make sense for henry and laurent and subsize3 maMU to use the buff model either.

Pants, man. They need pants. They seriously need pants. I mean, Barbarians at least had pants. And the skulls on their shoulders have got to go.

Edited by Levant Fortner

With so many female pantsless classes the least they could do is give us more muscular thighs on those berzerkers to partially even it out.

As long as there are still female mounted classes with no pants I will not give a shit about some dude foot class that has no pants. Makes my pain slightly more bearable, even.

One good thing about Generals though is that they're one of the few female classes that does have pants.

Edited by Thor Odinson

'Zerks are awesome. Epic Support Unit does exactly what I want it to without fail.

(Read: Beat face in)

(Also: +STR/SPD is a great pair up bonus)

Edited by Airship Canon