[FE13] Soul's awkward casual LTC playthrough feat. LIBRA - DEE EL CEE

Junkhead

DLC tiem  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I do first? (read context first, please)

• Lost Bloodlines
    • Smash Brethern

*music plays*

Behold, my so unexpected but most likely mosty awaited and demanded among the masses FE13 run, by yours' truly. There have been many, many runs throughout this game's short history, but none like my own!
Many have tried, but few have succeeded...when it comes to simple completition, anyway. I, however, wish to go beyond the maingame and see just how far I can drag my time with this.

This run I have in mind happens to be in a way some sort of small tribute to my first run, in the way that I will be doing some of the things I've done in it barring the many many silly desicions. I'll also be bringing some new things (for me, anyway) to the table, and will be using characters I haven't used/killed off on my first run. As the title implies, this run will be an in-breed between LTC and casual play in the sense that I will be using the characters I like, reguardless of how much it'll affect my team while still attempting to pull the lowest turncounts that my resources allow me.

I kind of wish I had a capture card for this...

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=41188

I DELETED IT
In it's honor, will one day do an awesome playthrough so all of SF can see the legend retold!

Effeciency? Far from it. My character choices and resource distribution will likely be a mess. You'll get a heart-attack to see how well I use my funds.
LTC? I'll be going as fast as I can as long as I don't rely on BS luck (see: ninja dodges), what is in my team's reach and most importantly- What is currently within my knowledge. However, you're more than gladly free to throw in some advice and suggestions for me, I'll appreciate those as well.

As a basic principle, I won't be allowing myself any casualties and go on with it. No, not because I care about this- But it's just been so long that I have been doing that, that I will be doing this just to add a small thing to the challenge.

PARALOGUES AND XENOLOGUES ARE IN

Yes, I'll be doing those...if it's even possible within LTC no-grind team.
I obviously won't be doing every single Paralogue and Xenologue. I'll be doing the ones that I have available (Children Paralogues and Xenologues I have downloaded). I'll leave Xenologues for after Ch.25 so the maingame isn't more of a cakewalk than it already is.

My current goals are the following:

• LIBRA - Need I say more?
  • Make the new successor of The Legend
  • See if I can actually LTC Xenologues
  • Use my favorite characters and actually have them be useful at some point of the game (two of these are already High tier)
  • N.O.W.I - Scrapped. ):

And at last, da rules:

The following ground rules are laid down:
Difficulty: Hard Mode.
EfficiencyCASUAL-LTC: Explained above.
Paralogues: Assume all available are completed. The original tier lists points out I have to do them as early as possible. However, after the first four Paralogues, I'll be doing Paralogues at my own desire to enable me lower turncounts if it's possible.
Barracks: Not allowed.
Skirmishes / Spotpass Battles/ AnnaShops: Not allowed.
Map Shopping: Allowed, but you may not buy Anna Shop special items.
Event Tiles: No items obtained from event tiles are allowed to be used. Supports / EXP gain can be pushed forward slightly by them, but otherwise no real impact.
Renown: Assume 0 renown start. That means the following items are obtainable via Renown at the following times:
Glass Sword (after Chapter 4)
Second Seal (after Paralogue 3)
Orsin's Hatchet (after Chapter 11)
Seed of Trust (4 maps after Chapter 13)
Levin Sword (6 maps after Seed of Trust)
Energy Drop (6 maps after Levin Sword)
Beast Killer (7 maps after Energy Drop)

Personalized character theme songs!

Progress:

Edited by bearclaw95

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an LTC context (technically draft) lost bloodlines and R&R can take ten or more turns to clear. But it also depends on when you do them.

Can't say what to expect for future past one. But you have two of the easier DLCs both can be done in 5 turns. Maybe four with a flier.

Edited by Randa

It might be possible to actually 1-turn LB2. 2-turns seems very well likely.

In my first file, I 4-turned The Future Past 1 with that one strong half-grinded team.

See, told you.

Annnnd, since I'm having trouble with Ch.3, here is a bit of my boring and unimportant progress!

I make an Avatar under the name of "Raven". Build 1, Face 3, Hair 3, Hair-color 9 and voice 1 (if it wasn't obviously fitting).

I decide to have him under the Asset of Spd and Flaw of Luck, as I think it gives him the best overall growth spread and base 8 Spd + Chrom's Pair-Up bonus allows him to cleanly 1RKO Mages at base in the Prologue.

PREMONITION

lol do I need to explain?

2 turns.

Prologue

This is basically the same thing one (or probably just me) would do in a draft setting. That is, Pair Chrom to The Avatar and have him and Frederick cockblock that chokepoint between the two houses. With some luck, Raven should kill all three enemies (not that I've dwelled on it, since the proc rates are very low at this point of the game). Raven dealt with the Mages during the last two turns, and Frederick 1HKO'd the two Myrmidons up the top and the boss.

It's worth noting that it's possible to get some more action for Chrom if your Avatar got two Spd points by the last turn and the Mages have 5 AS (not very likely, though) you can just lend Chrom to Frederick and have him 2HKO the boss with Frederick's massive Str bonus.

Boring chapter. Liz didn't heal a thing.

Unit      Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res      Class       
Chrom     1.85  20  7   1   8   8   5   7   1      Lordling
Raven     3.05  21  6   6   5  10   4   6   5      Tactician
Frederick 1.28  28 13   2  12  10   6  14   3     Great Knight
Liz       1.00            base                      Cleric

3 turns.

Chapter 1

Since I didn't have the luck or patience (or the apparently more optimal -HP, +Spd setup) to have a Solo-Mode Avatar by now, there's no way I'll be 2-turning this without some serious BS luck. And as I said, I can't be bothered to go through that.

Anyway, this went with your typical Jeigany as I had Frederick through about 80% of the enemies while he carried a Pocket Chrom (who by the way got an awesome level-up). Liz paired-up with Raven for extra Mag so he could yay 3HKO enemies that he was already 3HKO'ing (actually, I think that was thanks to a Mag proc). By the way, the only action the kids down the block got was like 2-3 enemies, and the Avatar took all of them while Sully and Virion only took crums of.

Chrom     2.45  20  7   1   9   9   5   8   2      Lordling
Raven     4.25  21  6   7   6  10   5   6   6      Tactician
Frederick 1.84  28 13   2  12  10   6  14   3     Great Knight
Liz       1.00            base                      Cleric

3 turns.

Chapter 2

More Frederick Emblem, this time though- ENTER THE VAIKE...without a weapon? I guess you aren't so tough when you can't even hit the enemies are you, now? :smug:

Anyway, Frederick paired-up with Chrom and just went North with the usual strategy. I baited two enemies around the right-side bushes so Vaike can get a kill, at least. The Avatar got a kill, and Vaike ended up taking a Mercenary left-over Frederick couldn't kill (he proc'd the Spd needed to double him after hitting him, IIRC). In the end, Frederick finished what he started and got another favorable level-up.

Hey, look. Liz actually got to heal someone. :awesome:

Chrom     2.75  20  7   1   9   9   5   8   2      Lordling
Raven     4.85  21  6   7   6  10   5   6   6      Tactician
Frederick 3.10  30 14   2  13  12   7  14   4     Great Knight
Liz       1.20            base                      Cleric
Vaike     3.60  29  9   0   8   6   6   5   0       Fighter

3 turns.

Unit                                 Supports                               
Chrom      C Raven, C Frederick
Raven      C Chrom, C Liz
Frederick  C Chrom