Stupid Fanboys Petition Microsoft to bring back DRM

Jedi

If you read the comments on the petition page some people actually want this back.

I know and it BOGGLES my mind! I'm not even really a microsoft supporter. Been more of a Nin-Sony guy. But I do enjoy some of their stuff. They made the right call after their disasterous E3 and THIS is the thanks they get? I know it was a little later then it should of been but DAMN.

If you read the comments on the petition page some people actually want this back.

on the other hand the top comments are basically trolling ("I'll sign as a PS4 supporter so Sony will win next gen")

actually, what if it's ALL sony fanboys? *illuminati*

Edited by shadykid

Not saying I support this but you have to realize that a ton of thought went into creating the XBox One.

The whole idea of all that bullshit was to cut down on pirating. To be fair to Microsoft, if they release the XBox One as if it was the PS4, China and India would have duplicates that you could buy for $10 (been there, seen it with my own two eyes so don't claim that it doesn't happen), lowering Microsoft's profit.

Go play a pirated version of Game Dev Tycoon to understand what I'm talking about.

I've seen some interesting articles explaining how the Xbone's proposed features would have been a great step forward, but Microsoft screwed up their presentation of it and made it sound like an invasive and restraining system rather than one which would allow you to do things like playing games your friends own digitial copies of for free.

And that article has the most stupidly biased tone ever, so I'm not even going to bother reading what it has to say.

does PS10 still have it though?

i was pretty impresssed with xbox1 but then my cus told me about the DRM. it's mostly to protect against fraud through tampering and hacking in 3rd world markets, but idk, i still dont like it.

i hope it stays off that way

on the other hand the top comments are basically trolling ("I'll sign as a PS4 supporter so Sony will win next gen")

actually, what if it's ALL sony fanboys? *illuminati*

I thought it was at first. But I had seen people who actually thought the "family sharing" feature was going to be the full game, but no - it was just going to be limited or a demo, and they were arguing against Microsoft removing their DRM. These people are either trolling hard or genuinely believe that bullshit.

Can't even blame Microsoft for this.

THE POWA OF TEH CLOUD!

Edited by Kelsper

I thought it was at first. But I had seen people who actually thought the "family sharing" feature was going to be the full game, but no - it was just going to be limited or a demo, and they were arguing against Microsoft removing their DRM. These people are either trolling hard or genuinely believe that bullshit.

Can't even blame Microsoft for this.

THE POWA OF TEH CLOUD!

family sharing guys*!

*for 60 minutes

Not surprising. In everyone's haste to flip over cars and light trashcans on fire, they overlooked features Xbox planned to implement in the DRM policy that would allow people to share games without swapping physical disks. You could give a number of people (10, I think) access to your entire Xbox games library (since the games would be installed on system whether they came on disks or not). When the nerd rage ran wild, Xbox decided to scrap the whole thing; including this rather appealing digital sharing feature. Now that people have calmed down and realized there were some benefits to the DRM policy they couldn't be bothered to learn about, they want Xbox to bring back some of those ideas. I personally don't see anything wrong with that. Access to your entire games library plus the ability to share that library with some people of your choosing sounds like a great idea to me. Of course, everyone is entitled to the opinion that such features are a stupid waste of time that will ruin gaming.

family sharing crap

yeah, you could "share" it for 60 minutes

woohoo, great feature!......wait

seriously, you think Microsoft would squeeze as much money as possible and then suddenly let people share the game in a way that would cut into their profits?

Not surprising. In everyone's haste to flip over cars and light trashcans on fire, they overlooked features Xbox planned to implement in the DRM policy that would allow people to share games without swapping physical disks. You could give a number of people (10, I think) access to your entire Xbox games library (since the games would be installed on system whether they came on disks or not). When the nerd rage ran wild, Xbox decided to scrap the whole thing; including this rather appealing digital sharing feature. Now that people have calmed down and realized there were some benefits to the DRM policy they couldn't be bothered to learn about, they want Xbox to bring back some of those ideas. I personally don't see anything wrong with that. Access to your entire games library plus the ability to share that library with some people of your choosing sounds like a great idea to me. Of course, everyone is entitled to the opinion that such features are a stupid waste of time that will ruin gaming.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't most of the backlash because you had to register a game to a device and couldn't play it on any other device.

2 of the top 5 comments:

"ill sign to help ps4 so we have no stupid people on the same console as me."

"It's so important so that the Xbox one is shittier again"

though this is pretty funny after the Nintendo Defense Force tried to show up yesterday regarding the Melee stream
Edited by shadykid

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't most of the backlash because you had to register a game to a device and couldn't play it on any other device.

I believe that was the biggest fear, yes. What I've found on the original DRM policy suggests that the disk would install the game to a console. From there, you could access your library of installed games from any Xbox One and also allow a certain number of other people to access your library of games. Gamers could also give another user 30 days access to one of their games.

In response to the backlash, MS has said "fuck the whole thing" and don't seem to be implementing digital sharing at all. People realized that was a great idea and are now wanting Microsoft to reconsider leaving it out. That's what this whole "bring back DRM" thing is about: bringing back the digital content sharing and universal library access.

hardcore fanboys will justify anything their company of choice does

It has nothing to do with fanboy loyalty. Being able to access your own library of games from any Xbox One and sharing digital game content are pretty nice features for any console. Before you dismiss me as a fanboy, bear in mind that I don't own an Xbox 360 and don't plan on getting an Xbox One.

Oh hey another thread on this that's much hotter. Note to self, double check these things.

Anyway I understand the premise behind the DRM features, but the fact is that the framework is built on a daily internet checkin, and I for one do not want my $500 console becoming a brick if my internet goes out.

It has nothing to do with fanboy loyalty. Being able to access your own library of games from any Xbox One and sharing digital game content are pretty nice features for any console. Before you dismiss me as a fanboy, bear in mind that I don't own an Xbox 360 and don't plan on getting an Xbox One.

I already told you the whole family sharing thing was bullshit, did you miss that part