Klok Plays: FE5 Random Thracia

Klokinator

Hey guys! I have a new LP that replaces my FE6RW LP (It was boring and bug ridden) plus it's actually a game with a good level of challenge with lots of twists and turns! Yes, Thracia is one of my most favorite games ever and I'm playing it with the updates Joesteve put into it, so you can look forward to seeing the new translations as well :) In addition, I'll be pointing out text that needs fixing for Joe's use, maybe it'll help him spot things that he would have originally missed?

In this run, we have randomized Classes, Skills (credits to Tables for that idea) and Movement Stars, giving all the units a measure of some usability! I won't be disclosing the stats and skills since I like surprises in my LP's for the viewers, but rest assured there's gonna be some fun moments :)

Also, fun fact: There are 52 classes in Thracia (not counting Emperor) and 53 playable characters, therefore every character in the game has their own unique class! Well, one has a duplicate, but that's all right, they needed the good promotion choice.

I'll be posting a video soon outlining how I decided on the process for randomizing my LP, in case others want to rip my process off copy me so they can do their own well designed Reclasses :D

Edited by ManriKlok

I'm pretty sure each movement star only gives a five percent chance to move again. There are no playable characters with more than 5 movement stars in vanilla FE5. I dunno if you want to tweak Havan's six stars; It's not much of a difference anyway. Leaf is gonna be hilariously mobile when rewarp comes lol. Most mobile lord ever! Rewarp and movement stars is such a great combo. He can just chill at the back and staff spam until it's time to seize, then rewarp onto the throne.

Good luck with this, let's hope there are no game breaking glitches anywhere down the line.

Edited by Pikachu

I can promise you three things.

I suggest randomizing prf to make it even more chaotic :smug:

1. I had not considered this, am debating it now.

2. Leaf and Co. are going to suck in the dungeon chapters.

I have two bow users, no thief, and my lord is a priest

3. No character in this game sucks in their own right. I randomized what skills they got, but I carefully chose the number of those skills they got based on how many movement stars they had, what their randomized class was, and how strong the abilities in conjunction with the classes were.

Also, what emulator do you use for this? I never have seen one for the snes with a rewind function

ZSNES. It's the best out there, the only one I'll ever use.

I'm wondering what will happen with Leif's forced promotion. I don't even know if the class will work properly or not xD

(It's not even a typically playable class lol)

Edited by ManriKlok

If that happens, I'll find a workaround. He pretty much becomes the best character in the game when he promotes and I feel it's... more accurate to his character in FE4, in any case. Plus lords should never suck anyway.

Should be able to record the next chapter of this tomorrow, in addition to a video that examines the new features of the hack and another video that will examine how I create my reclasses and the steps I take to make them original and unique.

The reason my uploads have been going slow as of late, in addition to an accelerated summer quarter in college, is because since I'm hacking FE5R myself I am taking my time to up the difficulty of the game in many ways. One of those ways is by giving every enemy in the game... an extra +1 to their movement stars. For all enemy units, they now have a universal 5% chance to move again after their turn has ended, which makes the game a LOT harder (two or more stars is unbelievably game breaking, trust me I checked) while bosses that already had a movement star(s) now have an additional +1, making them even more likely to move again than previously possible. I also gave the final bosses 10 movement stars, to give them a total of a 50% chance to move again when their turn has ended.

I also gave Marty a +2 boost to his base SPD stat (Abhorrent, I know. Marty doesn't need speed! What blasphemy is this?!) and altered some other things that would in general boost difficulty significantly. Aside from Tanya's shiny new Hero Lance and Marty's +2 SPD boost, I also took the ;liberty of swapping one of the characters in the prison's class with another character so the prison character would be a thief. Trust me, without a thief, that prison is fucking hellish. That's the only class I fudged in the randomization process (aside from Leif getting an epic promotion to make all those levels as a Priest worth it!) so I think the game can still safely be called a "random" reclass.

Like I said, should be recording the next vids tomorrow night, upload them the day after if all goes according to plan.

Edit: Also I forgot about the fact that I changed the Light Sword's Use effect, and also nerfed it to 30 uses. You'll hear more about that in the appropriate video. I also made the "broken" tomes usable as weapons, though they have a 0 in every stat and Weigh 20, so they're pieces of shit but at least a spellcaster won't be completely defenseless if their tomes break. I even added an animation, and THAT was a bitch to pull off. As for that one glitch in the Chapter 1 video, the one where enemies had +70 magic... I fixed it. By making a new weapon bonuses array with a 0 in everything and manually repointing

every

single

weapon

and

tome

into said array, which fixed everything but was a solid hour of work getting it all said and done. The hacking is EXTENSIVE in this one.

Edited by ManriKlok

BALLISTAE WITH GALEFORCE?

Wow, nice work. Every enemy having a chance to move again sounds exciting!and scary, just when i thought this game couldn't be any more unpredictable...

I forgot to mention the overhaul for enemy and player movement. It's a smaller thing but since it affects both sides I'll explain it too.

Armors and unmounted horseman: 5 movement.

Unpromoted infantry and unpromoted(mounted) horseman: 7 movement.

Promoted mounted horseman and unpromoted mounted pegasi/wyverns: 8 movement.

Promoted mounted pegasi and Leif's promotion class: 9 movement.

In the case of player units, these are the default movement values for all units except playable units with 0 movement stars. Those units get a +1 movement increase to compensate for the inability to move again at the end of a turn. Therefore any promoted mounted pegasi/wyvern with 0 movement stars will actually have 10 movement.

Also, Leif is the only exception to this rule, because as a lord I wanted him to have great mobility, especially with the handicap for 3/4ths of the game wherein he CAN'T ATTACK OR DEFEND HIMSELF so I gave him a +1 movement boost as well.

Edit:

62011e94bf17917a74472affb4a1891b.png

*coughs*

Edited by ManriKlok

I feel foolish enough to loudly pronounce - First Thumbs up G-

. . . I need a new account to actually make it work. -_-

And all that work is. . . thorough is the tamest way I can put it. I suppose I haven't yet discovered just how flexible the SNES roms are-I generally get so little "ooomph" out of them.

Edited by Verdant Shade

New vids are up!

This is the video that explains all the changes I made ingame, literally the same stuff I mentioned in the posts above.

And now we have chapter 2, yay! This was a pretty awesome chapter in hindsight, but actually playing this chapter has always been a little boring for me.

Awesome joesteve, I wasn't sure if you were still working on the translation or not but I certainly had hoped so xD

New chapter's up! Ch. 2x is the legendary FOW map where Gollum appears!

Edited by ManriKlok