The Dolphin Emulator keeps crashing

Fargo294

So yeah, that's what's happening. I recently downloaded a Dolphin emulator(not sure if I'm allowed to mention where I got it) and I've been happily playing Yugioh Falsebound Kingdom(if anyone actually knows what that game is) for a few days, but now it starts crashing suddenly. The game stops playing and the game screen and Dolphin screen both turn white. I think if this keeps up I might just have to give up, but if I do that I might start going through withdrawal and barf up all the Sprite I've drank or something.

So if it helps, here's my computer's data:

Windows 7 Ultimate

AMD Athlon II X4 620 processor 2.6 GHz

3 GB of usable RAM

32-bit Operating System

If you need any more info, just let me know. Also, if it turns out my poor old computer just can't handle it, I'll have to deal with it.

Yeah Dolphin sucks. But I love it at the same time.

Seriously though, the CPU specs look fine, maybe you are running other applications or it's just glitchy, although the former case should just cause it to slow down.

Dolphin's really temperamental, sometimes I just restart it when I encounter errors and it works fine.

Sorry I don't have any real advice.

Edited by Walhart

Dolphin would crash all the time when I tried to play Baten Kaitos ;_;

Check out their forums/wiki and see if they have any suggested settings for the game you're playing

Edited by OldMan

So yeah, that's what's happening. I recently downloaded a Dolphin emulator(not sure if I'm allowed to mention where I got it)

you can talk about emulators all you want, as long as you don't bring up a site that also hosts roms

...you're lucky your computer can even begin to run dolphin, btw :I

Your processor speed is way too slow for Dolphin emulator. I have 2 PCs.

P4 dual core 2.66ghz

MSI Geforce 8800GT 512mb

4gb ram

Only 2 games I was able to run at full speed for Game Cube. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Tales of Symphonia. Games like Baten Kaitos and Skies of Arcadia Legends runs extremely slow.

i7 2600 OC at 4.5ghz

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 660 2gb

8gb ddr3 ram

Runs majority of the games GC and Wii at full speed.

There is a program called razor's game booster. I tested on my slow PC to see if it actually helps. It does work but still most games don't run fast enough to even bother playing. Baten Kaitos and Skies of Arcadia still runs slow but I did see some improvement. I also tested the PCSX2 emulator and I saw some major improvement on Namco x Capcom. It ran anywhere from 70-100% speed but using game booster its running at full speed.

Video of gamebooster for Dolphin emulator.

Op has a quadcore processor that is quite a bit younger than your P4 dualcore and also simply more powerful, probably per core too.

I've personally ran FE9 on dolphin on much worse hardware than you both have, and it ran just fine.

In any case, its probable you'll need to muck about with the settings of dolphin, to optimize it for the game you're playing. If the game isn't completely obscure, chances are you'll find a thread on the dolphin forums about how to make it work.

EDIT: it might simply be a case of "not stable with current version". In that case there's not too much you can do, but still something. Dolphin has a LOT versions/builds floating around. One of these might just work.

Edited by Gyarados

You don't get any benefit having quad core. A dual core at equal speed will run the same speed as a quad core.

Q: Will Dolphin support Quad Core?

A: You cannot force the emulated CPU to use more cores, Dolphin uses cores for the CPU and GPU threads, and other parts could be thrown onto other cores but multi-thread management is more a fuss and makes the program more complicated.

Also can try this and see if it helps any.

Q: The game crashes at a certain part

A: Note that the emulator is still in development, so the JIT core is still buggy, so do not expect a game to fully 100% work, disabling Dual Core mode or Optimize Quantizers might fix it.

Edited by Siruppercut