Third Generation Morgans need more respect.

ZemZem

I don't see many people keen with the idea of having a Gen III Morgan, but y'know. It seems to be an interesting topic, though, so let's discuss.

Edited by Zeem

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, 3rd gen Morgan is pretty beastly but people prefer having 2 super kids than 1 godly kid.

That's definitely the most agreeable point.

There's also the "eww, I'm marrying the second gen, I feel dirty" factor people have.

There's something about that statement that always bugs me.

Eh, I focus Morgan over the other kids, and prioritize support damage over silly things like putting galeforce/luna on every unit (lolputting luna on things that aren't going to be up front), so 3rd gen is a given for me.

A +11 mod on Morgan or another Aether (and yes, I do use Aether. My priority on skills is based on "Damage on Activation", which yields (outside of Apo) Lethality as best followed by Aether) easily outweighs an arsenal of skills I'm not using on another kid.

Two "Super" kids doesn't really describe 2nd gen either, BTW. Because really, it's a pile of stuff not being used.

But eh, that's all down to playstyle.

Storywise, 3rd makes more sense, due to the sibling flaw. (And I maintain my beef with those who claim marrying second gen is wrong. You have absolutely no ground to stand on with that, because your argument is entirely based in flawed logic.)

Well, I prefer playing as a male MU and I don't really like any of the 2nd generation girls too much. Not more than the 1st gen women anyway. Plus, I can make marry my favorite 1st gen character (Miriel) and make my favorite child (Laurent) OP. 3rd gen Morgan is okay, but I prefer a second gen Morgan.

Edit: I do, however, most dislike people saying that a certain "pairing" or "couple" makes more sense "story-wise" or is better "story-wise".

Edited by Sangyul

(And I maintain my beef with those who claim marrying second gen is wrong. You have absolutely no ground to stand on with that, because your argument is entirely based in flawed logic.)

There's beefs with everything.

The whole "you can marry your uncle" thing with Morgan is also a thing.

Please stop crusading for "second gen's rights". I laugh at the whole "companion" thing. You laugh at people disliking second gen marriages. We're just going to have to suck it up.

Edited by shadowofchaos

If you're using a female avatar, then I agree, third gen is the best opition, even better than marrying Chrom, since if you marry Chrom, one of the children will be missing Great Knight (best skills in the game), which is the thing I try to optimize when making pairs(with the exception of Laurent). Marrying Chrom to Olivia will make a good enough Lucina and a Inigo with Luna/ DG+ without taking it away from other children, while also giving you a (slight) better Morgan. So, between a Slight better Morgan and one more children with luna/DG+ or a better Lucina, I'd choose the former.

If you're talking about the male avatar, though, I kind of disagree. I mean, it still can work really well, but having 2 manaketes with a wide range of skills is something I can't not do.

Edited by Nobody

Not if you grind.

then third gen morgan is the same unit with slightly higher irrelevant caps as opposed to second gen morgan

and I and many others don;t bother grinding

Edited by General Horace

then third gen morgan is the same unit with slightly higher irrelevant caps as opposed to second gen morgan

and I and many others don;t bother grinding

Good for you and the others that don't grind then.

I don't really know what the problem is, ZM? You think that third generation Morgans need more respect, more power to you man. But what's wrong with Horace expressing his opinion that he doesn't grind and therefore doesn't need a third generation Morgan? Unless you created this thread just to have people agree with you, I'm not sure why Horace's comment deserved that sort of response.

I simply prefer 2 super powered children over 1 godly child. Having 3 units that have access to basically every class (and have supports) is something I can't resist.

Ask yourself this: How many of those classes do you actually use?

Edited by Airship Canon

regardless of playstyle my fist point of the last post still stands, even if you grind, all you get is the same unit with marginally better caps minus another unit that's pretty much equivalent to morgan, I don't see the appeal, or why you're being a smartass about it, its not like you.

edit: kind if ninja'd by boron

Edited by General Horace

I don't really know what the problem is, ZM? You think that third generation Morgans need more respect, more power to you man. But what's wrong with Horace expressing his opinion that he doesn't grind and therefore doesn't need a third generation Morgan? Unless you created this thread just to have people agree with you, I'm not sure why Horace's comment deserved that sort of response.

regardless of playstyle my fist point of the last post still stands, even if you grind, all you get is the same unit with marginally better caps minus another unit that's pretty much equivalent to morgan, I don't see the appeal, or why you're being a smartass about it, its not like you.

edit: kind if ninja'd by boron

I'm sorry, Horace, for such a rude response on my part. I did create this thread to see if others would agree with me (kind of a bad move on my part, I probably should've left it be and be happy with my own opinions), and I let a valid opinion get to me. I dunno whether it's how late it is (almost 3 AM over here), the stress of the trip I'm on (a ton of kids running around at this time does not make me a happy camper), or if I'm just a rude person in general (doubt it's this, it really isn't like me to lash out at these kind of things). Once again, I'm sorry.

Thanks man, I just want to make sure I don't want you to agree with me; we're all entitled to our own opinions. Takes a better man to own up to something than point it out, props to you for it.

Haha, thanks. I agree with the advantages of Gen II Morgans, and they're definitely better in a practical sense, but I was just curious whether there were any Gen III Morgan fans out there. I didn't mean to be so harsh.

(And I maintain my beef with those who claim marrying second gen is wrong. You have absolutely no ground to stand on with that, because your argument is entirely based in flawed logic.)

There was never any logic to the argument. It's not even an argument. It's an opinion. So I guess you're beef doesn't really exist. Too bad, I would've wanted some.

just another waifu wars thread nothin' to see here that hasnt been regurgitated by this forum before

The reason I'm not a fan of third generation Morgan is actually because I don't organize my pairings for Morgan anyway. I usually favor the parent(s) and the kid(s) that I like most, and I find that it's easier to favor a non-Morgan kid by making them MU's kid. Which would make Morgan second generation. The only reason I use female Morgan is because she's the avatar's daughter, really, I find her personality a bit obnoxious :P Male Morgan is okay in my books, but I prefer Henry.