Which Father out of these 3 is best for Owain, with regards to stats and skills?

Zerker

Owain's Fathers  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which Father is best for Owain?

For optimality, Lissa/Owain gets the short end of the stick in this Lunatic+ file, and I have yet to pick a Father for Owain yet.

The Father pool consists of Kellam, Libra, and Virion.

Please base your answers on Maximum Stat Modifiers, and Skills & Classes available to Owain.

Disregard context of the supports, hair colors, and biased opinions because of character hate/favoritism.

Here's a visual:

QelvDOI.png

Edited by Ƶerker

Libra, giving Owain Sorc allows him to not die, also his magic can get slightly higher because of Libra's stat mods.

Unless you feel like you won't be damaging things enough, then Kellam will probably the better father since he can then access luna.

I'd still go with Libra just for Sorc though.

Galeforce Boy with Vantage? Hello, I'm a Leadboy.

Virion doesn't give a better activation than the ones that he already has (Astra/Lethality)

Kellam's mods throw off Owain's, and skew him badly. He does get Luna out of it though.

Libra gives him Vengeance and lets him run VVW in full. Hell, Vantage/Vengeance is good on its own.

DEFINITELY LIBRA.

Kellam because he's the only one with LUNA. His mag mod is neutral, so he won't hinder owain's. The speed is bad, but whatever, at least is better than virion that doesn't give absolutely nothing special. Libra can also work, if you want a vantage-vengeance sorcerer.

I'd go with Virion for TRIPLE BREAKERS and Vantage on top of it all. It also gives Owain the option of going magical, if he so chooses.

All of them are pretty decent for fathering Owain. Virion's okay even just for the mods, though I'd probably narrow it down to Kellam or Libra meaning Galeforce+Luna vs. Vantage Sorcerer with like Tomefaire or something. Keep in mind that if you're having Libra father him, Dark Mage is really the only tree he gets, since Priest already has Sage, though Kellam's pretty much the same situation for only giving Knight because Myrmidon largely obsoletes Thief.

It kind of depends on the rest of your team... Libra for another tank, or Kellam for a sweeper (which thanks to Galeforce+Assassin he's well equipped for). Also consider the skills he's going to be using, to help you decide.

Limit Breaker

Galeforce

Aggressor

Luna/Vengeance

Dual Guard+/Vantage

The VV combo is more rare than GF+Luna so I give the slight edge to Libra. If it were me, however, my bias toward Luna would actually make me choose Kellam.

Kellam, so that Owain can run around being heroic, and never get noticed.

If you were doing Chrom x Sumia then certainly Kellam, because Lissa x Kellam is about pies as well.

In all seriousness, Libra for magic, Kellam for Luna, Virion for hair.

Since you said elsewhere you probably want a Dread Fighter, that means mixed, so...

Damn, I don't have a great answer.

I would lean towards Kellam for Luna, because Sorcerer bores me, and Virion basically only breakers and hair (and much better mods...).

Libra because magic mod and access to sorc (sorry War Cleric) If you want all around, Libra-fathered Owain still makes an amazing dread fighter with aggressor or dark knight.

Oh...

If you need to see the rest of my team, then here:

6XDZVHN.jpg

On a side note, how did you make this?

Oh shush, people picked Libra because of Sorc. I'd rather not marry him instead than being doomed to be a Sorc tool.

I'm pretty much all-out against Sorc, and Sage could utilize VVW better since Sage has lower defenses and moar Magic.

I voted Libra for Vengeance itself, and use Libra!Owain myself... not a Sorc/Nosfertank, but as a Sage using VVW and Celica's.... >_>;;

Vengeance is an awesome skill, BTW. Activation that hits 100%, adds just as much, if not more in certain cases Damage as Luna, and has great synergy with Vantage, which is by far the best defensive skill in the game.

But you need Sorc to get it.

Edited by Airship Canon

I'm honestly surprised people are picking Libra the most. He's the worst out of all them since of his meh stat mods and serious class overlapping, IMO ಠ_ಠ

I'm honestly surprised people are picking Libra the most. He's the worst out of all them since of his meh stat mods and serious class overlapping, IMO ಠ_ಠ

Sorc/Vengeance access EASILY outdoes anything the others have to offer.

Realize that Libra is one of Owain's most optimal fathers. Hell, I'd say he remains as the most optimal, due to Vengeance.

Class overlap doesn't matter when you get an amazing class like Sorcerer, the class able to use Dark magic and has Vengeance/Tomebreaker.

With Virion you can get the wyvern tree but his stat mods are so incredibly meh.

Kellam gets Luna, which is great, too bad he fucks up all of the stat mods.

Sorc/Vengeance access EASILY outdoes anything the others have to offer.

Realize that Libra is one of Owain's most optimal fathers. Hell, I'd say he remains as the most optimal, due to Vengeance.

Are you just trolling?... Again?

If you're referring to my hate of Armsthrift, no, that's real. I'm -not- trolling with that.

How is Armsthrift related to this at all? None of the fathers left have the option of Mercenary.

Anyways, I don't really understand what all the hype is about with Sorcerer. It seems really overrated to me.