Second Gen. Pairings (Don't worry, not another optimal pairing topic)

Yes, you read the the title correctly. With everyone stressing out over marrying the first gens, it seems like no one ever talks about marrying the second gens off. This is not about optimization because it's more personal preference with them. This is just a topic to discuss your favorite second gen OTPs. Mine are Lucina and Inigo, Owain and Cynthia, and Morgan and Nah. What are yours?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you read the the title correctly. With everyone stressing out over marrying the first gens, it seems like no one ever talks about marrying the second gens off. This is not about optimization because it's more personal preference with them. This is just a topic to discuss your favorite second gen OTPs. Mine are Lucina and Inigo, Owain and Cynthia, and Morgan and Nah. What are yours?

We have Owain and Cynthia in common, and my sister loves Morgan and Nah. I like the Lucina/Inigo pairing, but the two of them are usually siblings in my playthroughs.

I actually really like pairing Kjelle with Gerome and my favorite Lucina pairing is her with Brady.

I've decided on these second gen pairs for my file.

GeromexLucina

InigoxSevera

MorganxNoire

OwainxCynthia

YarnexNah

LaurentxKjelle

I should also mention that Inigo is Lucina's brother in this one.

Edited by Anacybele

Well my favorites are Lucina/Laurent, Male!Morgan/Nah, Inigo/Kjelle, Gerome/Cynthia, Owain/Severa, and Brady/Noire but I also like Male!Morgan/Cynthia, Lucina/Inigo, Laurent/Noire, Brady/Severa, Gerome/Kjelle, and Owain/Noire. Gosh I must be the only person who likes Lucina/Laurnet. >.>

Severa doesn't seem that mean to me. She seems more like Maribelle, who takes time to warm up to people and respect them. Besides, Severa went through a lot of shit, I'm surprised so many people hate her. What with the bad future and everybody calling her inferior and stuff compared to her mother. I honestly kind of don't blame her for being attitudy. I'd be pretty grumpy too if others told me I was a disgrace compared to my mom.

Besides, Severa IS shown to be caring sometimes. She gave a real damn about Holland and his pregnant wife, that's for sure.

Severa doesn't seem that mean to me. She seems more like Maribelle, who takes time to warm up to people and respect them. Besides, Severa went through a lot of shit, I'm surprised so many people hate her. What with the bad future and everybody calling her inferior and stuff compared to her mother. I honestly kind of don't blame her for being attitudy. I'd be pretty grumpy too if others told me I was a disgrace compared to my mom.

Besides, Severa IS shown to be caring sometimes. She gave a real damn about Holland and his pregnant wife, that's for sure.

I guess so. In a way, she is like Maribelle, but we have to keep in mind her attitude.

She does take time to warm up to people, but let's face it. Isn't she mean? Or ruder to people?

Severa and Laurent.

They argue like an old married couple. They even start arguing in The Future Past!

Its just fitting to pair the most insufferable of second gens together (I still like them both).

Lucina/Owain because I don't see Lucina having time for marriage and their epilogue seems to make a lot of sense. Inigo/Severa because out of all of Inigo's supports, he appears the most sincere with Severa (even got a ring to prove he's not just flirting), Cynthia/Gerome since she said that she loved him and Gerome can use some cheer in his life. Yarne/Nah ..... well,he saved her and doesn't show courage like that with anyone else. Kjelle doesn't seem interested in love affairs, being a warrior, so she stays single and the rest are undecided

Blame angst dissonance. It can be hard to sympathize with a person unless you've gone through something similar. (I like her, but I have an adoration for tsunderes.)

Now, pairings... well, I'm in the middle of filling out the support log, but for now...

LucinaxGerome

SeveraxInigo or SeveraxLaurent (both are very good)

Cynthia... and like everyone. Seriously, I don't think she has a bad support. I think I like her Brady support best, though. Laurent's is also very good.

Morgan(M) xNah (an OTP because it's one of the few where Nah doesn't act like... well... a brat [which is being mean, but I can't help it])

NoirexYarne (Because it's one of the few [only?] that doesn't have her switch between her personalities and it's Yarne getting courage on his own terms)

KjellexInigo

Morgan(F)xOwain

Well my favorites are Lucina/Laurent, Male!Morgan/Nah, Inigo/Kjelle, Gerome/Cynthia, Owain/Severa, and Brady/Noire but I also like Male!Morgan/Cynthia, Lucina/Inigo, Laurent/Noire, Brady/Severa, Gerome/Kjelle, and Owain/Noire. Gosh I must be the only person who likes Lucina/Laurnet. >.>

You are not, because Chrom's daughter + my son is too irresistible to pass up.

Severa/Inigo and Severa/Brady are probably the two I like most.

Also, for whatever reason I like Cynthia/Laurent. Something about the dynamic appeals to me.

Cynthia/Yarne is also pretty underrated.

Edited by HeoandReo

I guess so. In a way, she is like Maribelle, but we have to keep in mind her attitude.

She does take time to warm up to people, but let's face it. Isn't she mean? Or ruder to people?

I don't know, I've seen Maribelle be quite rude to people, namely Brady in his paralogue (though she didn't know yet that he was her kid).

I think I'm just a more understanding person than some. I can't sympathize with Severa, of course, but I CAN understand why she's the way she is, and I can actually sympathize with her mother. I'm a lot like Cordelia and I wouldn't want my child to be called inferior and stuff compared to me if I had one, so I wouldn't ever want a child to be in Severa's position. Therefore, I feel bad for Severa and don't hate her.

Basically anything except Gerome/Lucina, which is awful on basically every level.

Second Gens all fit together real well outside that.

I've got a soft spot for Gerome/Severa though, which is not loved enough.

Basically anything except Gerome/Lucina, which is awful on basically every level.

Second Gens all fit together real well outside that.

I've got a soft spot for Gerome/Severa though, which is not loved enough.

Mmm. I have to agree, that was the most painfully boring support of the second generation.

Lucina and Gerome.

Owain and Cynthia.

Noire and Brady.

Nah and Yarne. fire-breathing bunny babies

Severa and Inigo.

Laurent and Kjelle.

I've decided on these second gen pairs for my file.

GeromexLucina

InigoxSevera

MorganxNoire

OwainxCynthia

YarnexNah

LaurentxKjelle

I should also mention that Inigo is Lucina's brother in this one.

...I actually did this exact same thing in my 2nd playthrough

Here's how the child pairing generally goes:

With any gen Morgans, pairings can look like this. "No one" is an unavoidable option if you have a 2nd Gen Morgan.

FeMorganxNo one/Lucina/Cynthia/Severa/Noire

MaMorganxNo one/Lucina/Cynthia/Severa/Noire

LaurentxNo one/Lucina/Cynthia/Severa/Noire

OwainxLucina/Cynthia/Severa/Noire

BradyxLucinaCynthia/Severa/Noire

InigoxLucina/Cynthia/Severa/Noire

KjellexGerome

NahxYarne

Though, with favoritism, I generally pick OwainxCynthia, BradyxNoire, and a tie between LaurentxSevera and InigoxSevera...because, I simply find these pairings so irresistible...and feel they are the only right way to go.

Edited by kDog214

Not KjellexGerome, Nah x people who aren't Yarne or Malemorg, and FeMorg x Yarne.

Everything else goes.

Our first gen pairings are probably different then, hence our second gen setups. ^^'

Either that or I'm missing something ._.

Edited by kDog214

I've completed my first playthrough and here were my gen 2 pairings:

LucinaxInigo

OwainxSevera

Morgan(F)xLaurent

GeromexCythia

YarnexNah

BradyxNoire

They all actually proved pretty badass, though YarnexNah rarely saw the battlefield.