My First Lunatic Run

Here are my possible marriage choices.

Lucina, Tharja, and Olivia

I want Lucina because it would make an amazing 3rd Gen Morgan. Aether is great too.

I want Tharja because have two children is cool in general. And Morgan/Noire being amazing magic-based units. And, i gives Noire access to Galeforce.

I want Olivia because Pink-haired Morgan is awesome. And Inigo is cool.

I am leaning towards Lucina,

Just as 1%-critted said, and despite my dislike of Tharja, she has both the benefits of the other two, which are:

1. Olivia has the benefit of a second kid, but horrible stat inheritance due to her bases and requirements of EXP feeding.

2. Lucina, quick EXP growth with the bases/growths to inherit, but requires effort to train the second gen character (Lucina) in order to train your Morgan, and no second kid.

Edited by shadowofchaos

If this is no-Grind, Tharja is the best choice.

I have DLC. So this is a grind run.

Personally for my hatred of tharja i prefer Lucina because aether is so helpful plus instead of getting her sol or luna you could get her counter or another skill

I was thinking Lucina because of Aether, and that she is 2nd Gen.

Just as 1%-critted said, and despite my dislike of Tharja, she has both the benefits of the other two, which are:

1. Olivia has the benefit of a second kid, but horrible stat inheritance due to her bases and requirements of EXP feeding.

2. Lucina, quick EXP growth with the bases/growths to inherit, but requires effort to train the second gen character (Lucina) in order to train your Morgan, and no second kid.

Even though I really like Lucina, I am leaning towards Olivia now.

Because: I have never paired MU with her. And this a grind run.

Basically:

1. Olivia

2. Tharja

3. Lucina

What else do you guys think?

if it's a grind run you may as well just do whatever since you can just have morgan pair someone just nuke grima at the end

Edited by CT075

Personally for my hatred of tharja i prefer Lucina because aether is so helpful plus instead of getting her sol or luna you could get her counter or another skill

The problem with Aether (and don't get me wrong, I love this skill) is that its activation rate is Skill/2...so in that regard, Luna and Sol are better...because they activate more often. Lucina is not a bad choice to pair with if OP is willing to grind for endgame. Plus, Aether is a pretty decent skill to have endgame and its proc rate can be mitigated by stacking Aether + Luna, or Aether + Sol; this will slightly increase the odds of either Luna or Sol activating.

Other than that...yeah, choose Tharja and Olivia if you want two super kids as opposed to a stronger Morgan with Aether. You can bring out the potential of each children depending on what Asset/Flaw you choose. Either way you're guaranteed to pass on Galeforce to either Noire (through avatar) or Inigo (through mom). With Tharja, you can make a pretty devastating magic slinging Morgan. With Olivia, you can make a pretty well-rounded Morgan, if I dare say.

One thing's for sure, with the right attitude and careful planning, you really can't go wrong with the wife you choose. I'd recommend any of them for Morgan. For any one of these ladies, you really can't go wrong with +Mag,-Lck (and +Mag,-Res) or +Str,-Lck (Important note: Luck doesn't matter in this game). The first one (+Mag,-Lck) has more popularty due to the overpowered nature of tomes in this game (cough Celica's Gale). Other than that you can go for either +Mag,-Str and +Mag,-Def for higher damage output with tomes. If you want more strength, swap +Mag with +Str, your choice. Just watch out if you pick any of these because they affect your avatar's caps. For the first one you lose 3 points in strength, and 1 point in skill and defense and for the second you lose 3 points in defense. These are negligible losses, but they are something for you to consider, should your goal be to go for optimal pairings. +HP,-Lck if you want to go for a well rounded character with higher defenses and +Lck,-HP if you want to go for a well rounded character with higher offenses.

As for stat growths...I have really poor knowledge of them and someone can tell you from either experience or with better understanding of the mechanics. Good luck to you on your first Lunatic run, sir!

Oh and fiddle with this if you want to decide what seems perfectly acceptable to you:

For maximum stats:

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max_all.html

For stat growths:

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_growth_all.html

Edited by kDog214

requires effort to train the second gen character (Lucina)

Effort is no obstacle in FE13 due to infinite EXP.

At least, I hope it's not an obstacle for most people.

Effort is no obstacle in FE13 due to infinite EXP.

At least, I hope it's not an obstacle for most people.

Well, I meant on the "time" department.

...at least it's not as bad as support grinding.

tumblr_mowtadgNvC1rmzb08o1_400.gif

Okay!

I decided on a +Mag, -Lck Avatar. So i'll be marrying Tharja.

Also, (If anyone cares) I am going to marry Chrom to Olivia. However, I might do Sumia instead due to the fact she has basically no good husbands.

@shadowofchaos

I'm not sure if you get this often on the site. But your FE:A Playthrough with Annie is fantastic.

Also, (If anyone cares) I am going to marry Chrom to Olivia. However, I might do Sumia instead due to the fact she has basically no good husbands.

Henry is the best for Sumia because then her +0 in magic mod doesn't go to a waste...

However, if that doesn't work out and Henry goes elsewhere, you can always go ChromxSumia and pair Olivia with Libra since their classes don't overlap. Inigo will become a decent magic user and will gain access to the infamous Vantage, Vengeance, and Wrath combo for sorctanking. If you think sorctanking is overrated, you can go with Armsthrift, Sol, Vantage, Galeforce, and Limit Break (works best as a Sage), which is pretty solid for frontlining.

Well this IS a grind run, so it's a free for all.

Good luck getting to chapter 4! After that it's smooth DLC sailing.

I love your custom title. It's happened to everyone. Anyway, i'll probably jut copy someone's moves on Youtube. The only chapters I get past on Lunatic Mode is up to Chapter 2.

I love your custom title. It's happened to everyone. Anyway, i'll probably jut copy someone's moves on Youtube. The only chapters I get past on Lunatic Mode is up to Chapter 2.

Easiest way to get through Ch2 on vanilla Lunatic is to over-level the Avatar unit in the two chapters prior, preferably with a +DEF asset. You can copy the tactics I used in Lunatic+ (see sig) if you need specifics.