Personally, I like to use Olwen because I will not kill off any characters and she has her brave/hero personal weapons, but I can assume Eyrios is pretty good. Which character did you guys choose?

I always get Olwen, mainly because I keep forgetting you can recruit Eyrios and when I do remember, I either already have Olwen or I keep forgetting how to get him... I'm currently thinking about another PT of Thracia, maybe I'll get him in that run

I always get Olwen, mainly because I keep forgetting you can recruit Eyrios and when I do remember, I either already have Olwen or I keep forgetting how to get him... I'm currently thinking about another PT of Thracia, maybe I'll get him in that

Take the A route (Solar route) and have Karin talk to him

Yeah I know... I remember now, I just don't when I'm playing the game, or rather, it conveniently slips my mind, IIRC you get Sleuf on that route too

EDIT: I just remembered a time I was on A route, I killed him thinking he was simple midboss, I knew something wasn't right, but I paid it no mind at the time

Edited by Soledai

I recruit Olwen. Give her the Ambush Scroll and have her equip Daim Thunder, then nothing can hurt her except Ballista and long range magic.

Edited by Virion

The truth hurts but both of them are freaking amazing and I want both lol >_>

Calling Eyrios "pretty good" is an understatement. 40 HP and 10 Defense is manly. He killed everything(because Thracia has trash enemy). He has Instant Bolting(and join with one) He has Sol. He has prayer. I think from a "list of what make a good unit in Thracia" Eyrios only missed good Indoor movement(he is 6) and ability to use staff

Olwen need Vantage investment to get going, while Eyrios, while join later need little to no resource to get going

I usually picked Olwen because im too lazy, although recruiting Eyrios is.... convenient to say the least

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Olwen is one of my favorite characters in Thracia. To this day I have not gotten Eyrios. Although he is good from what I've seen :P

I recruit Olwen

I kill off Olwen

Then I recruit Eyrios.

Eyrios is just about unkillable with both Sun Sword and Prayer and his offense is still good enough despite a 0 PCC. He makes a pretty interesting Charge user too, which is a lot less contested than Ambush.

Edited by Doga Blockovich

I recruit Olwen

I kill off Olwen

Then I recruit Eyrios.

Eyrios is just about unkillable with both Sun Sword and Prayer and his offense is still good enough despite a 0 PCC. He makes a pretty interesting Charge user too, which is a lot less contested than Ambush.

Can you still SSS-rank if Olwen dies?

I believe all that matters for rankings is the number of characters in your current party, so killing Olwen should have no effect so long as you get Eyrios. That's what the site seems to suggest, anyway.

• 8 years later...