Hey, it's Vykan12 (re-introduction & apologies)

Vykan_12

I know I stirred up a lot of controversy in how I quit these forums, especially since I made an alt account shortly after which eventually got banned. The best explanation I can give was that I was in a dark place in my life and turned to videogames as a way to escape life's pressures, which eventually spiralled out of control. That's behind me now. I'm in good health, have a job, going to university in a program I like and while I'm not necessarily brimming with happiness, I am level headed and focused on what I want out of life.

That being said, there's something about FE: Radiant Dawn that has me always coming back for more, no matter how hard I've tried to stay away from the game. So I figured I might as well give in and there isn't any harm in playing the game a couple of hours a day so long as I don't neglect my other responsibilities. There's nothing wrong with having a hobby, even if that hobby is playing a strategy RPG. It makes me forget about time, I just love and crave planning out chapters and exhibiting my strategies through speedrunning. I couldn't think of a better way to unwind after a hard day's work, and I don't care how strange that sounds.

I can't say I miss debating tier lists since that always seems to devolve into an unresolvable philosophical shitstorm about how units are actually compared. Hence the wealth of alternate & experimental tier lists, and topics like this and this. Thus, I probably won't even be logging in here that much, but rather spending time actually making videos and streaming my attempts.

Speaking of which, I am pretty angry at myself about deleting my original "Vykan12" youtube and am vigilantly working to restore all the videos I deleted (at least the ones I cared about). So far I've restored most of it, with the following remaining:

-Some FE6 warpskip videos (about halfway done)

-FE10 low turn count videos

-Some special FE10 videos (eg/ Kill Hetzel in 1 turn, 11 triangle attacks in 1 turn)

In addition to that, I will be working on an FE10 TAS as soon as I get my capture card working and 2 new FE10 speedruns (hard mode 43 segment run & easy mode single segment).

Tl;dr, I hope I didn't tarnish my reputation too much with my ragequitting antics. I've given so much to this community, the topics I have stickied alone should be evidence of that. It would be a pity if some lapse of judgment I had a long time ago would make people remember me with contempt. Though if that's the case, there's nothing I can really do.

Edited by fireemblemvids

I don't think anyone would disagree that you did some pretty dumb shit, but you also did some pretty awesome shit and owning up to your dumb shit is a great step in the right direction.

weird, i've never seen you before in my life...wait, you made an alternate account and you're actually allowed to come back? you should feel pretty lucky there.

I don't think anyone would disagree that you did some pretty dumb shit, but you also did some pretty awesome shit and owning up to your dumb shit is a great step in the right direction.

hai rad fax~

I've found your videos really inspiring. Your input in tier list discussions would probably make a tangible improvement in the community but they're mostly dead (i.e. people seem to be more or less done with playing the games efficiently / wanting to talk to one another about them), besides the occasion when Snowy repeats his well-known idea and everyone repeats the same counterarguments all over again.

Nice to see you back, Vykan. It's always cool to see what sort of crazy stuff people can manage to pull off in these games, and you were(and undoubtedly, still are) one of the best.

Speaking of which, I am pretty angry at myself about deleting my original "Vykan12" youtube

You should be, I was horrified when they vanished! ):<

I'd say welcome back, but I didn't actually know about Serenes' forums back then. Great to see you alive and well either way!

You should be, I was horrified when they vanished! ):<

Fortunately, they're not going to be that hard to restore. I found some battle saves on wiisave I uploaded that have saves I made specifically for my FE10 LTC videos. In fact, I'll make those better this time around since I'll find reduced requirements for pulling off x turn count. For instance, I found a near 100% reliable way to 4 turn 1-7 that only requires Sothe be shoved 2 times on the first turn.

Also, I just beat easy mode in a single sitting in about 7 hours, which gives me an unofficial WR by about 3 hours. I say unofficial because my capture card crashed multiple times and screwed up my splits. I'm hoping to cut my time down to 4 hours once I rout everything properly instead of just winging it.

Well I must say I'm pretty thrilled with the warm response, I'm glad to be back :) Thank you guys for being so understanding and overlooking my ragequitting antics.

Edited by fireemblemvids