Hey, it's Vykan12 (re-introduction & apologies)

Vykan_12

can you make speedruns of you picking up girls? no warpskip allowed btw

Where the following variables are true:

You = FE12 MU or FE13 Avatar

Girls = female-only run

No Warpskip = have fun abusing Rescue

(whether it would even be worth recording is another matter entirely)

I think I'll leave the video ideas to you. I am uncreative. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Edited by eclipse

I know I stirred up a lot of controversy in how I quit these forums, especially since I made an alt account shortly after which eventually got banned. The best explanation I can give was that I was in a dark place in my life and turned to videogames as a way to escape life's pressures, which eventually spiralled out of control. That's behind me now. I'm in good health, have a job, going to university in a program I like and while I'm not necessarily brimming with happiness, I am level headed and focused on what I want out of life.

That being said, there's something about FE: Radiant Dawn that has me always coming back for more, no matter how hard I've tried to stay away from the game. So I figured I might as well give in and there isn't any harm in playing the game a couple of hours a day so long as I don't neglect my other responsibilities. There's nothing wrong with having a hobby, even if that hobby is playing a strategy RPG. It makes me forget about time, I just love and crave planning out chapters and exhibiting my strategies through speedrunning. I couldn't think of a better way to unwind after a hard day's work, and I don't care how strange that sounds.

I can't say I miss debating tier lists since that always seems to devolve into an unresolvable philosophical shitstorm about how units are actually compared. Hence the wealth of alternate & experimental tier lists, and topics like this and this. Thus, I probably won't even be logging in here that much, but rather spending time actually making videos and streaming my attempts.

Speaking of which, I am pretty angry at myself about deleting my original "Vykan12" youtube and am vigilantly working to restore all the videos I deleted (at least the ones I cared about). So far I've restored most of it, with the following remaining:

-Some FE6 warpskip videos (about halfway done)

-FE10 low turn count videos

-Some special FE10 videos (eg/ Kill Hetzel in 1 turn, 11 triangle attacks in 1 turn)

In addition to that, I will be working on an FE10 TAS as soon as I get my capture card working and 2 new FE10 speedruns (hard mode 43 segment run & easy mode single segment).

Tl;dr, I hope I didn't tarnish my reputation too much with my ragequitting antics. I've given so much to this community, the topics I have stickied alone should be evidence of that. It would be a pity if some lapse of judgment I had a long time ago would make people remember me with contempt. Though if that's the case, there's nothing I can really do.

So, the problem here is that you went and evaded a ban without asking us first.

Normally, considering the dumb shit you did and the circumstances behind them, we probably would have let you come back without an issue had you just asked. However, because you went and made an account without asking us through IM or e-mail, we're still willing to let you come back, but you'll be given a very high warn percentage. If you mess up and your warn bar gets maxed, you're gone.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to say that after countless hours I've managed to restore one of my favorite projects, my FE6 warpskip videos. In a nutshell, it's a non-continuity run where I use the warp staff repeatedly to 1 turn every chapter in the game where you have access to warp- the only exceptions being C22 (2 turns) and C24 (5 turns). The full details & videos can be found here.

I also made a couple videos involving a newly discovered torch glitch. It's basically an application of the control enemy glitch detailed on gamefaqs using torch staff tiles as PWASE.

So that's it for the GBA games, gonna focus exclusively on Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn for a while.