Shin Megami Tensei IV

Samias

What ending are you gunning for?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these endings are you going for?

• Chaos
    • Law
    • Neutral
    • That other one

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which NG+ should I chose? Halp D:

That

Chaos

ending was

extremely anti climactic.

Great now I dont know what alignment to go for next... Maybe Law?

My stats were in a 1:6:1:2:6 ratio as in 40/240/40/80/240. I kind of want to go for a Magic build if I'm going to go Law, but I'm wondering... Are Almighty attacks damage determined by Mag? I would like to have Flynn use Almighty attacks since they are awesome.

I feel like agility is more important with a magic build and luck is less important, so I may go with something like a 3/1/1 spread. Has anyone else tried a magic build and what were your stats like?

Now I remember how hard it is to recruit demons at the start... Luckily I have a level 69 demon to back me up. :P

Edited by Agile Tit-Tyrant

You guys sure play your game really fast.

Or is it just me that is too lazy to play the game when I have a free time.

I was lucky to get the first printing series of the game. So far, this game is giving me no quarter.

Also, is there a stat that affects Damage Resistance or anything like that?

I don't think any of the stats directly affect Damage resistance, CMIIIW.

Which NG+ should I chose? Halp D:

That

Chaos

ending was

extremely anti climactic.

Great now I dont know what alignment to go for next... Maybe Law?

My stats were in a 1:6:1:2:6 ratio as in 40/240/40/80/240. I kind of want to go for a Magic build if I'm going to go Law, but I'm wondering... Are Almighty attacks damage determined by Mag? I would like to have Flynn use Almighty attacks since they are awesome.

I feel like agility is more important with a magic build and luck is less important, so I may go with something like a 3/1/1 spread. Has anyone else tried a magic build and what were your stats like?

Now I remember how hard it is to recruit demons at the start... Luckily I have a level 69 demon to back me up. :P

Yes, almighty attack is directly determined by MAG and that is one of the reason why MAG build is usually favored in the game.

I mean, who need press turn if your single attack could neglect enemy resistance and wiped them all at once?

Edited by Shengar

I got lucky and bought one of three last copy in the resident game shop around

Cheers

Anyway, I like the feel so far. Dungeon feels awkward(I admit I am a HUGE fan of traditional/classic/WE 1st person dungeon, which is actually the main reason why I loved SMT games that I have played so far) and the pre-emptive system need some time to get used with

Battle wise, the difficulty of the battle is pretty solid so far, as in on par with SMT early game, maybe A BIT more annoying, although no recruitment is as brutal as what I experienced during SJ early game. But hey, experience.

The trick regarding negotiation seems pretty weird. I kinda need to play it dirty by cheating and ballance the demand + gifts somewhat. Safe to say I am almost out of Macca after the tutorial dungeon

Speaking of negotiation, the EXP from fighting seems to be far lower than negotiating, which is weird, and cool and annoying in some ways or another

As far as the battle flow goes, its kind of a bummer that there is no skip animation options that I know off, which is IMHO something that kind of a "must have" for RPG(Pokemon and Soul Hackers spoiled me too much sue me), although the fast paced animations is pretty good for the convenience factor

The fusing system seems complicated. I heard a lot of good things about it, but I seems to be unable to do the traditional pick 2 demons see result stuff that has been the norm in older SMT fusion system

The App buying stuff is something that is love and hate. On one hand, the system allow me to screw myself and bought the "give demon extra stats when they level up" Apps that serves nothing other than making it more difficult for myself in the long run. On other hand, considering that this is SMT, I really should bought some negotiation oriented app. Ehh, we'll see

Anyway, I am going with AGI/STR character and going on Neutral route because habit

WML

HF

EXTRA: And the first demon I recruited was a Lham Dearg, which is liek FUCK YES

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

The fusion system has decided it is more convenient to see results first rather than picking a demon to see who is compatible to fuse with and THEN seeing results. If you go through the filters you can finetune who to include, who to exclude, what element you're going for, race, and more. It's a lot of options but the most important option of isolating a demon you want to use is right at the top. When you do that, it's kinda like the old system except then you can pick the end result demon and then see what other demons factor into that fusion. It's a little bit easier to compare the demons going in as well.

When I first played through, I could not recruit Lham Dearg for the life of me. I kept screwing up the negotiation every time so I just walked away with Mokoi, Napaea, and Centaur first.

On my second play through. Went with normal NG+ instead of Reincarnate NG+, probably going to go with Reincarnate after this until I've gotten all the endings. Hopefully finish the game with Neutral. Went Chaos, going to Law (or possibly Nihil if I can) this time. My first play I used some XP-breaking and was playing on Easy so it was pretty much a breeze after Naraku. This time I'll try to avoid XP-breaking but I'll probably do some App-card grinding while I'm on normal.

In the meantime...

tumblr_mqj2lxkIJ61s7pzjoo1_500.jpg

I got lucky and bought one of three last copy in the resident game shop around

Cheers

Anyway, I like the feel so far. Dungeon feels awkward(I admit I am a HUGE fan of traditional/classic/WE 1st person dungeon, which is actually the main reason why I loved SMT games that I have played so far) and the pre-emptive system need some time to get used with

Battle wise, the difficulty of the battle is pretty solid so far, as in on par with SMT early game, maybe A BIT more annoying, although no recruitment is as brutal as what I experienced during SJ early game. But hey, experience.

The trick regarding negotiation seems pretty weird. I kinda need to play it dirty by cheating and ballance the demand + gifts somewhat. Safe to say I am almost out of Macca after the tutorial dungeon

Speaking of negotiation, the EXP from fighting seems to be far lower than negotiating, which is weird, and cool and annoying in some ways or another

As far as the battle flow goes, its kind of a bummer that there is no skip animation options that I know off, which is IMHO something that kind of a "must have" for RPG(Pokemon and Soul Hackers spoiled me too much sue me), although the fast paced animations is pretty good for the convenience factor

The fusing system seems complicated. I heard a lot of good things about it, but I seems to be unable to do the traditional pick 2 demons see result stuff that has been the norm in older SMT fusion system

The App buying stuff is something that is love and hate. On one hand, the system allow me to screw myself and bought the "give demon extra stats when they level up" Apps that serves nothing other than making it more difficult for myself in the long run. On other hand, considering that this is SMT, I really should bought some negotiation oriented app. Ehh, we'll see

Anyway, I am going with AGI/STR character and going on Neutral route because habit

WML

HF

EXTRA: And the first demon I recruited was a Lham Dearg, which is liek FUCK YES

The negotiation still feels random to me. Though I managed to notice some pattern for some demons of the same type. Most of the type you have to strike some balance between refuse and accept the demon request. But the most tricky part is when demons asked question like "Are you popular" or something like that because a wrong answer would end up badly. If you really want to focus on demon recruiting or even demon fusion in general, I suggest you take the app up to Scout bonus. Scout+ is a bit of waste IMO since you can take Demonlingual that actually cheaperto recruit screw-language demons.

And AGI is important regardless of build unless you want to get ass-wiped by special encounter :Kappa:

Progress Update!

Naraku visit again

APPS: I decided to buy Mag Enchancer because I'm one hell of a masochist, and as I predicted, Mag Enchancer make most of my plan considerable more difficult to pull off. 5 Skill slot for demon SO GOOD.

I also bought Demon Language APP and Scout Item, although I thought Scout Macca would be preferable in the long run

[spoiler=BOSS BATTLES]

Orthus: I decided to buy Red Armor. My Bufu user is Angel(who survived Turn 1 thanks to the fire breath hitting Pele 4 Times which is rofl) and myself. Simple stuff, which mke the low EXP unsurprising

2 Naga: I read on GFAQS on how this boss is such a wake up call boss. Im not buying it. I guessed the weakness wrong for my first turn, and then I downloaded their weakness. Spam

Wendingo: My first game over because my team is crippled at that point. Second try, my team is ALSO underprepared(everyone poisoned, nobody outside of Pele has more than half health). Thankfully, I have 1 turn worth of prep time before the actual fight

As for the fight itself, I start by using Media and I have whispered myself a Zio. I manage to Posumudi 1 - 2 character. Spam Zio so good

So far, the boss battles are harder than SJ(more because SJ boss battle is one hell of a loljoke), but now were going to enter a Point of No Return which basically screams BOSS BATTLE(That game over only happened because it comes out of nowhere) >_>

Demon:

Apsaras

Pele(HAVE MAZAN)

Random ass Beast that i fused(level 7)

That Lion Ant

Hamsa

Napaea

Fusion System: The EXP from fusion is laughable

Would anyone join me in posting a pic of your best demon?

Never mind, I can just post it in text.

Not with my 3DS now but my best demon is a level 69 Master Therion who nulls everything expect for electricity and wind. Useful skills are Luster Candy and Deadly Wind. Also has an agility boosting skill but I hope I can eventually change that out since I don't need it at all.

Derp Update again

Demon Zone yeah

Got some demon by killing of their team member

Fusen Tsu Zhun Que

First supposedly powerful boss

Alraune. Her Poison Breath seems scary, but lol its SE on Apsaras. I figured out its weak to Agi, so turn 1 buff, turns 2 buff, and them summon Myrmecolion and Melchom alongside da almighty Pele to spam Agi(Maragi in lion case. Yes, my colion has Maragi. Sue me)

easy battle all around

Demon:

Myrmecolion

Apsaras

Hamsa

Pele

Bilwis

Zhu Tun She

Stonka

We'll see how often I need to fuse and break the game :smug:

MAYBE I MADE NAGA BECAUSE I CAN FUSE NAGA AND GALI TO GET BAZULA

cookie if you get the reference

Also I can made a level 37 Demon HORY SHIET

30 STR

7 DX

7 MAG

25 AGI

11 LCK

Derp

I thought you going for MAG :wtf:

It seems that I have mind tricked

Why the LCK is so low? My build fairly distributed at AGI, LCK, and DEX with the latter usually 2 points behind.

I dunno, my MC has liek no Physical skill >_>

Zio does the job just fine even with base mag

Well, still early enough to convert your stat into Mag or Dex(which was recommended on GFAQs too).

I wish I could get my hands on this game but something prevents me to do so(and it's related to internet, but since I'm buying retail that doesnt make sense) >_>

then maybe I could start my very first playthrough

Law End complete!

[spoiler=Final thoughts, massive spoilers]Mekarbah's final action reminded me a lot of Satan from SMT2. The whole ending did, really. Kind of bittersweet. I would have no regrets if someone I cared about were still alive in Mikado, and I think the silver lining was that Issachar would have been spared if not for Lilith's intervention. But it was because I had such a grudge against Yuriko since the beginning of the game, I didn't try to look for other options and ended up on this path. So I do feel regret for being pessemistic about people, as Isabeau last said.

There's a lot to be said about the atrocities that happened in Tokyo. Honestly? I don't think Tokyo would have survived all those years without Tayama.

Still wondering on why the DSP was spread around in the first place and what Stephen's intentions were.

Lucifer is so hideous and unsatisfying as a final boss, what happened /sobs

I forget my stats exactly (225 MA / 180 AG / 160 LU, roughly) but I racked up 100+ hours from trying to fuse up some ultimate demons, oops.

Now to start New Life on Expert.

Derp the boss from the quest might be the most hilarious boss I ever fought in an RPG

Who? Is it David? I must remind you though that some Challenge Quest bosses would affect your alignment. I f you try to get certain alignment, it is better to hold challenge quest until alignment lock.

From the last update

Boss fights:

Ares is hilarious. Short fight, and I don't even need to heal to beat him

Long is just as bad as Ares, Buff spam and then spam the proper spell

David is quite a bitch, because you need to beat 5 broken mooks and risk surprise attack from the mooks and David himself, and Mamudo is annoying. Thankfully I have a full stock of Needle Gem. Quite a difficulty spike since most of the boss so far are a total joke

Minotaur is a bit messy, but still manageable with elemental spam.

Quest

Get the Wu Kong quest. Maybe I'll do it? lol

Story

Terminal Get.

The scene where they get the gun is amusing "OMG GUNZ ARE TEH MAGICAL RELIC"

Also there are a lot of bibilical references in this game. Although in a sense, the fact that, that Isa whatever chick reads manga seems to be..... I dunno, foreshadowing something?

Demon

So, far I just recruited wild. Get some Tarukaja demon, and I have a demon who get Shibaboo(skill mutation -> Harpy).

Bought the Fundraiser up. Would use again/10

Talk, and you get money from the demon. Can be repeated until the demon refuse. When the demon refuse, it is treated as a failed negotiation, and they get their turn(losing all your press turn in the process).

If you stopped, the process is treated as a Full Press Turn

However, if you use bind, you automatically get 3 reps of money, AND you only use half of the press turn

Its not too much money, but I heard its going to skyrocket later on.

The catch? A usage of this app is treated as talking, so we get bonus experience, which is pretty cool

Not to mention its hilarious