Shin Megami Tensei IV

Samias

What ending are you gunning for?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these endings are you going for?

• Chaos
    • Law
    • Neutral
    • That other one

Law End complete!

[spoiler=Final thoughts, massive spoilers]Mekarbah's final action reminded me a lot of Satan from SMT2. The whole ending did, really. Kind of bittersweet. I would have no regrets if someone I cared about were still alive in Mikado, and I think the silver lining was that Issachar would have been spared if not for Lilith's intervention. But it was because I had such a grudge against Yuriko since the beginning of the game, I didn't try to look for other options and ended up on this path. So I do feel regret for being pessemistic about people, as Isabeau last said.

There's a lot to be said about the atrocities that happened in Tokyo. Honestly? I don't think Tokyo would have survived all those years without Tayama.

Still wondering on why the DSP was spread around in the first place and what Stephen's intentions were.

Lucifer is so hideous and unsatisfying as a final boss, what happened /sobs

I forget my stats exactly (225 MA / 180 AG / 160 LU, roughly) but I racked up 100+ hours from trying to fuse up some ultimate demons, oops.

Now to start New Life on Expert.

Is new life the one where you carry everything over?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updates!

Goes through story and some stuff, now at Shinjuku(while underlevelled)

Not so much development so far so I dunno

Boss:

Medusa is a bitch, and the trick can't be more obvious(IM MEDUSA LOOK INTO MY EYES! DERP NO). Hardest boss so far because I beat the thing by luck

Next boss is like that dudes who called human an angel and that hairy beast with stinky head. The first one is a joke. The hairy beast beat my weakened team on surprise

Then the two dude who think Im an Angel and use the spider thingy, and the one with Pixie Horde. The first one is simple, the second one lose to Heat Wave Spam

And finally Erlkonig

Kill off MC and trivialize the thing

I wish I was joking

Demon:

Dude with Damascus Claw

Mithra

Evolution of Poltergeist

And some filler

Story wise, the game is hilarious, and im laughing all the way through it. No joke

I'm like... 2/3rds finished my second playthrough... So I'm way ahead of a lot of you I imagine.

Ugh, I hate the last couple dungeons.

HEADED FOR BAD END YUP YUP WOO

lol I'm fighting a piece of metal

Well that was awesome but no seriously I should load my save and go for Law instead so I can go to Ginza before endgame and buy stuff.

Edited by Agile Tit-Tyrant

Why is this game rated M? I'm kinda wary about getting this game because of the rating, but I want to know why it's rated that way in the first place. And how much would I need to get used to after having my only other SMT game be Devil Survivor?

Why is this game rated M? I'm kinda wary about getting this game because of the rating, but I want to know why it's rated that way in the first place. And how much would I need to get used to after having my only other SMT game be Devil Survivor?

Cause of this

tumblr_mnlsj82W5d1rm3a56o1_500.jpg

is it just me or is there a sharp difficulty decrease after the minotaur

i got the game recently and was routinely getting wiped by generics (i stopped paying charon after i unlocked easy mode, i refuse to use it though), and then there was minotaur and his fucking oni-kagura crit-smirk-wipes

after that, though, i just made it to the counter demon force place without much trouble (medusa was the only thing that was troubling at all and that was because i was an idiot and didn't realize she was weak to force until she was pretty much already dead)

Personally after Medusa I stopped having trouble with the bosses, and that's only because her party-wide gun attacks that also bind are kinda frustrating, plus I kept forgetting to equip the White Samurai armor which makes her way more manageable. I actually didn't have any trouble with Minotaur.

On the other hand, common enemies like Macabre are always a pain if you can't kill them all in turn 1. They spam blight which does about 150 HP to the whole party and poison, and there's frequently two or three of them, so if you get ambushed it hurts. I've gotten more game overs from then than anything else in the game.

@ why M rating

Some female demons are basically naked, some male demons have penises (LOL Incubus), the shit word is used fairly frequently, and there is blood and killing and stuff. I would say its on the tame side of the M rating but it definitely earns its M rating.
I thought everything before AND after the Minotaur fight was fairly easy. The Minotaur fight seemed out of place to me.
Funny story, I was way too weak and unprepared for the David fight and he ambushed me and killed my entire team except for my Tam Lin. As a last resort I used Hama expecting it to miss and it actually worked, LOL. I instant killed a boss with Hama even though he resists Hama.

Speaking about demon design (relatively), I found the work made by tokusenka guys dull when compared to Kazuma Kaneko's artwork. Not bad on its own, but completely overshadowed by amount of detail and style you could notice on Kaneko's art. Maybe Atlus tried to release their dependencies on him, but I thought they should search specific, underdog new artist that have the talent.

Yes, I thought Minotaur is cool too, really comparable to other Kaneko's demon. But thing like Asmodeus and Medusa.....they feel like completely out of place (Asmodeus is looking too much like a tokusastu villain). If Atlus where to hold demon designing contest at Pixiv, I'm pretty sure they will easily find a worthy successor for Kazuma Kaneko.

Rated M for Mara. I don't get why Master Therion was unsettling though.

The redesigns are pretty bad(looking at you 4 Archangels). The new designs...ehh, it's hit-and-miss. Like someone from GFAQs said(forgot who it is), Medusa looks like a Disney villain. Haven't seen Dullahan tho so...

@JSND: IIRC Gucumatz has Draconic Reaction, which was pretty known to evolve into something awesome. Pray it'll turn into something awesome.

now I really want this game >_>

Edited by War Cleric

Progress Update

Current Storyline: Just rescue the 3 Naked Dudes with a mask. Which seems quite interesting.

Demons:

I still carry Minotaur around as a Boss Killer, and that Oni Kagura is amazing

Dis is awesome. Easy to fuse(Jack Frost -> Wendigo + Senri) and her skillset is damn competent(Bufula, Zanma, Mabufu, Mazan, Chakra Walk, Recarm, and later learn Mediarama)

I carry around a fused Principality who have evolved into Power.

And I have Okuninushi with Heaven's Bow. Because having a skill 15 level earlier is fucking awesome

Caladrius for my Poison Cure Bot, because the game loves Poison

And for my 2 filler slot, 1 of them is filled by Shemyaza because Shemyaza's starting skill is w1n

Currently is fusing for Long, because DRAGONS! Not to mention Zandyne. Gonna give like.... I dunno Agidyne, 2 Heal Move, Zandyne or something

You cannot block Almighty damage, hence the name!

Damn, I always hope that SMT IV provides you someway to turn-off EXP receives for MC so I can grind all the demon for their skills without having myself overleveled too much.

Edited by Shengar

I just learned how to make Famed demons.

ahhhhh

Why. Why does it have to be fusion accidents. It's like Strange Journey all over again only you don't have a thing that guarantees accidents.

Although fusing two dead demons and one being of the Foul race that make a demon around the base level of the Famed demon you want increases the odds so yay?

[1:12:01 AM] Cam: [1:10:34 AM] Cam: WHAT

[1:10:48 AM] Cam: BOSS

[1:10:53 AM] Cam: LANDS MAMUDOON ON MY ENTIRE TEAM

[1:10:54 AM] Sharpy: haha

[1:10:57 AM] Cam: INSTAKILLS 3/4

[1:11:00 AM] Cam: LAST ONE IS ALICE

[1:11:02 AM] Cam: NO MANA

[1:11:04 AM] Cam: BEATS BOSS

[1:11:07 AM] Cam: WITH BASIC ATTACKS

[1:11:15 AM] Cam: gg debilitate+luster candy op

that or kenji just sucks

Edited by CT075

Did anyone know the purpose of the Bulletin Board?

I manage to get first spot, but I thought its going to give me anything, and it does not >_>

Only if you're neutral does it matter Edited by CT075

Its actually somewhat better this way, since most Physical Skill costs Dirt Cheap

anyway Update Time

Boss Battles:

Everything is chumps until Kenji, who is semi chumps because I decided to mess up with him

"Use Fundraise"

YOU GO THIS FAR JUST TO GET MONEY FROM THE KING OF TOKYO?

"Every method for MONEY!"

ARRRGHHHH GET BACK

"Get 300 Gold"

Stop it

"Take more gold"

You will become a legend if you manage to get money from the King of Tokyo and live to tell the tale

Somewhat like that, its kinda hilarious

Neutral Route get

Stats:

- Semi Support MC(lv 78):

Highest stats is LCK(190). Followed by STR(110-ish) > AGI(100) > 37 Dex > Base Mag

Wp: Headhunter

Mediarama

Charge

Mortal Jihad

Heaven's Arrow

Fang Breaker

Tetrakarn
Makrakarn

Luster Candy

- Long:

Zandyne

Ziodyne

High Elec Pleroma

High Force Pleroma

Charge

Heaven's Arrow

Null Elec

Draconic Reaction

Pretty cool demon for weakness seeking strike, and does massive damage with that boosted elemental skills. Heaven's Arrow is for random ecounters, and Charge to boost its power for boss fights. And being Balanced Type means it has tons of MP to spam with. I think I will replace Long with the even cooler and even more bonerific Huang Long. Being usable from like level 48 is just an icing on the cake

- Odin

Megidola

Concentrate

Thunder Reign

High Elec Pleroma

Luster Candy

Samarecarm

Null Force

Null Nerve

My team has way too much MP type demons.... Can't help it when all of them are like.... the coolest demons in the game >_>

Basically a boosted Full Time Caster version of Long. Null Nerve to prevent stuff like Bind.

Less useful during boss fights :[

- Ym

High Ice Pleroma

Cold World

Glacial Blast

Megidola

Concentrate

Fang Breaker

Killing Wind

Null Nerve

Evolved from Tiamat. Killing wind from skill mutations, and basically my main caster. Fang Breaker is basically a leftovers skill. Glacial Blast so OP

By the way, please tell me im not the only one who think Kenji looks like Jeeg >_>