[North American Nintendo Promotion] Register FE Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei IV by 31st August for $30 eShop credit.

eefara

Stop me if I've been ninja'd. Wasn't sure if I should post this in this forum or the SMTxFE one... but I figured more FE13 gamers will see it here. :P

http://tinycartridge.com/post/54936800448

/get-a-30-credit-for-buying-fire-emblem-and-smt

Get a $30 credit for buying Fire Emblem and SMT IV

If you caught Atlus's Shin Megami Tensei IV unboxing - yes, publishers are posting unboxing videos of their own games now - you heard the company stress that you should register the Club Nintendo code included with each copy. Now we know why!

The full details aren't out for this deal, but it looks like you will be able to score $30 worth of eShop credit if you register both Fire Emblem: Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei IV (this photo doesn't specify that you need to buy both, but that's what makes the most sense) with North America's Club Nintendo. Presumably this works with both digital and physical copies, considering the shots of the retail boxes. Also, I'm guessing you'll be eligible even if you previously registered a copy of Awakening.

The deal already makes sense because RPG fans will probably end up owning both of these anyway if they have a 3DS. And it helps to ease the pain of SMT IV costing $50 for its box set. Annnddd there's that whole Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem project for Wii U thing - that probably helped prod Nintendo into this unconventional promotion.
Edited by eefara

My Awekening copy is retail version.

With the recent 3DS update being able to backup you save file, this pretty much nail the coffin about regretting buy th retail version of Awakening.

Why wouldn't they let Awakening have club code if SMT IV have one? Damn this is sucked hard

My Awekening copy is retail version.

With the recent 3DS update being able to backup you save file, this pretty much nail the coffin about regretting buy th retail version of Awakening.

Why wouldn't they let Awakening have club code if SMT IV have one? Damn this is sucked hard

I'm pretty sure all retail copies of awakening came with a club Nintendo code. Mine did. Unless you got your copy used.

I'm pretty sure all retail copies of awakening came with a club Nintendo code. Mine did. Unless you got your copy used.

I never see it as far as I can remember. I hope I just replaced it somewhere so I can receive my free 30 bucks.

I did a quick research that the "Asia" distributed FEA don't have club code. And coincidentaly, I remember read "Abu Dhabi and UEA" in the booklet of mine.

Damned I hope I just misplaced it :(

Edited by Shengar

Hey, if we got the Awakening 3DS do we still get credit for the game or am I screwed?I'm cheap and I want SMTIV damn it

The page says that those who have the bundle must link their system to their account and register SMT IV buy August 31.

You have to register both games right? Like even if you have Awakening, but dont have SMT4, you wont get the credit? Someone clarify.

You have to own and register both games on Club Nintendo. I'm still trying to figure out if you have to complete the registration survey for both too, my Fire Emblem Awakening registration survey expired so I can't do that...

You have to own and register both games on Club Nintendo. I'm still trying to figure out if you have to complete the registration survey for both too, my Fire Emblem Awakening registration survey expired so I can't do that...

Register the game at Club Nintendo with the PIN# printed on the insert and complete the registration survey by August 31st.

I think you need to.

I guess that I will might have to get Shin Megami Tensei IV, so that I can get the $30 bonus for my 3DS e-Shop and for the three last Second Series DLC packs also. And this will definitely might be the first Shin Megami Tensei game that I played and this is a good thing that I already bought Fire Emblem: Awakening and redeem it in Club Nintendo also.

Edited by King Marth 64

Hm. . . I really liked Devil Survivor Overclocked, but SMT IV I am not sure. It isn't a TRPG like Devil Survivor from what I have read/seen, and that is mostly what I play. I might give it a shot. However, it seems like the US got the short end of the stick when it came to the 'unique' retailer costumes. Amazon and GS are rather ugly affairs. The Canadians though get a neato red and black hoodie. Seriously though the DLC costumes(other than the hoodie) are so ugly I wouldn't use them ingame I am sure.

Anyways I was considering getting SMT IV anyways and the 30 dollar credit basically reduced the game to 20 dollars. Hmm. . . Tough, but the promo sure pushes me towards getting it since it was on my list of possibly get anyways.

I sent an email and got a response.

Hello,
I am sending this email to inquire about the Limited Shin Megami Tensei IV + Fire Emblem Awakening offer. Specifically, I would like to know if both game registration surveys need to be completed or only the one for Shin Megami Tensei IV as I neglected to complete the game registration survey for Fire Emblem Awakening and it has now expired. Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely, XXXX

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. I can confirm that you will qualify for the Shin Megami Tensei IV and Fire Emblem Awakening Promotion as long as both games are registered to your Club Nintendo account before August 31, 2013. While we're unable to reinstate an expired survey (which earns you Coins), this will not prevent you from being eligible for the $30 Nintendo eShop credit.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this promotion.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Crystal Glasgow

Game & Wario: Use the Wii U GamePad every which way! Visit http://gameandwario.nintendo.com/ to learn more.

Follow us:

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/

This is great news since I intend on buying SMT4! One question though..you can only use the 30$ in the eshop? I wouldn't be able to use it for DLC too? Just wondering, because I was checking my recent purchases in the eshop and my DLC purchases also came up.

This is great news since I intend on buying SMT4! One question though..you can only use the 30$ in the eshop? I wouldn't be able to use it for DLC too? Just wondering, because I was checking my recent purchases in the eshop and my DLC purchases also came up.

The $30 are meant for the eShop, and yes this includes DLC as well.

This definitely has enticed me to pick up SMTIV when its released, when otherwise I probably would have ignored it entirely.

All right, another convert. ;)

And for those who it may interest, the official Nintendo page mentioned you can use those $30 on the WiiU eshop.

* $30 credit can be redeemed for the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS or Wii U.

I guess you'd just need to make sure you put in your $30 activation code while on the WiiU...

Edited by eefara