Best Swordmaster

Ragingrob13

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the best swordsmaster?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on characterisation and stats? That's... pretty much just saying vote for your favourite for any reason. It's also very hard to compare across games, and only including FE7,8 and 13 is odd, even if they're the only ones you've played. In fact FE13's reclassing means a whole lot of other characters can be swordmasters and these characters can choose to not be. So... eh.

Gonna go with Guy. He's probably the most useful in his game relative to other characters. Lon'qu maybe comes close.

Rutger, Karel, Karla (For her character, mainly, and she's definitely attractive. Too bad she sucks terribly.), Zihark, and Lon'qu are my favorites.

I have to go zihark. He is relatively useful in 9 and very useful in 10.

Also did you know autocorrect thinks zihark is zoo shark.

Shanan has Balmung but FE4 was dominated by mounted units so he may not be the best. Rutger was IMO the last game breakingly powerful Myrmidon/Swordmaster though. (If Rutger equips a killing edge and has an A support with Dieck/Clarine and a B support with the other he can have crit percentges over 100%)

Edited by Virion

Shanan because he's the best in 0% growths, 10/10 (Holyn is a close second, Rutger might be there but I didn't play FE6 0% growths, sorry guys)

I like Shanan, but Rutgar is probably the best.

what about FE3!Ogma/Navarre

Depending on who you talk to/the criteria/a bunch of other stuff. . .

- Rutger because lolFE6RNG

- Stefan (FE9) despite his wonky recruitment

- Maybe Mia/Zihark, but I'm kinda fuzzy in the Tellius department

- Navarre for personality

- Rutger because lolFE6RNG

Don't forget that 30 crit too.

Went for Other because honestly, after FE6, Swordmasters just... fell off a cliff.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Went for Other because honestly, after FE6, Swordmasters just... fell off a cliff.

They kinda did. I mean in FE6 they had +30% crit which really made them stupid powerful (Nerfed to +15% in FE7 and FE8, and it made a big difference), and without that or any really good special weapon they lose a lot of usefulness IMO. (In FE4 there was balmung, FE5 had Mareeta's Sword) It also doesn't help that Swordmasters tended to have lower con, and had mediocre strength caps.

Edited by Virion

They kinda did. I mean in FE6 they had +30% crit which really made them stupid powerful (Nerfed to +15% in FE7 and FE8, and it made a big difference), and without that or any really good special weapon they lose a lot of usefulness IMO. (In FE4 there was balmung, FE5 had Mareeta's Sword) It also doesn't help that Swordmasters tended to have lower con, and had mediocre strength caps.

Agreed - FE6 was pretty much the last FE game where swordmasters were good to a gamebreaking extent.

Navarre isn't nominated?

I thought this is a good topic for debate. Based on characterization and stats, I chose Joshua because he is always amazing. Keep in mind I've only played FE7, FE8, and FE13.

I like Shanan, but Rutgar is probably the best.

Horace sums up my feelings quite nicely.

The bigger issue is probably that accuracy (and AS) mattered a lot less in post FE6 games than it did in FE6.

Guy because he turned out very well the second time I used him. At least one critical per turn.(Rngblessed) Truth be told, I've barely played through the non-gba games so my opinion doesn't really matter though.

Edited by Shauni

OP includes Swordmasters from fe7/8/13, doesn't include Karel, who is like Guy (minus) the effort.

Gonna go with Rutgers here, if only because his game on Hard mode demands his presence.