Best Swordmaster

Ragingrob13

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the best swordsmaster?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of all of 'em? Edward. No contest. Every playthrough of FE10 I've ever had, he's done no worse than 2nd place. His growth rates are pretty rad, he's usable right off the bat, he has Wrath, he's almost never gotten a bad level up, and he has a decent PRF weapon. Tbh, I think he's restricted mainly by being with the DB. But he's never been NOT good; he's my pride and joy. I'm a bit surprised by the lack of him here. Again, I bet it's because lolDB.

FE9 Mia is decent, but FE10 is gr8 too... eh, Edward is just a bit better IMO.

Edited by Draco

FE9 Mia is the best SM. Why is everyone saying FE10 Mia is better? She doesn't really shine as a unit in RD until you promote her to Trueblade. Second best SM after Mia is Owain, i think.

I could just as easily ask you why you are saying FE9 Mia is better, given that you haven't really bothered to give any justification.

Edited by Levant Caprice

FE9 Mia is the best SM. Why is everyone saying FE10 Mia is better? She doesn't really shine as a unit in RD until you promote her to Trueblade. Second best SM after Mia is Owain, i think.

Because FE10 Mia is, possibly, the second-best sword-wielder in the game behind Ike. Very few units come even close to her and, even as 'just' a swordsmaster she's fairly potent. Sure, she's on the side that doesn't need extra power, but that doesn't mean she's somehow weak.

FE9 Mia, while by no means weak, is fairly middle-of-the-road on the whole. There are some cool/interesting things you can do with her (Gamble!Mia and SS!Mia come to mind) and she isn't bad by any means, but she doesn't really excel at anything other than vantage-related shenanigans. Course, with how OP'ed the mounted units are in that game, 'middle of the road' may as well be code for 'bench me'.

GameFAQs debaets

I literally can't tell if you meant to misspell this or not, because it's an incredibly accurate interpretation of GAYMFAKS

Zihark is better than Mia, guys! GameFAQs debaets have proven this.

Also Shannan and Rutger.

But he isn't kawaii like Mia.

My vote has to go to Joshua, because he has got the SM stuff going for him, and he is durable enough to be consistently reliable.

I love myrmidons, but they often feel like potential RNG usually results in death if they get hit like twice.

I want to say Shannan, but then I realize it's all the sword, not him.

Edited by Professor Vasuda

I want to say Shannan, but then I realize it's all the sword, not him.

I fail to see why Shannnan's exclusive badass sword making him a beast makes him less of a beast.

This poll is terribly lacking since the majority of the units on it are pretty bad. Rutger and Shannan.

I fail to see why Shannnan's exclusive badass sword making him a beast makes him less of a beast.

Fair enough. It just puts him on a whole different level that it makes little room for debate. Can't have pros be playing baby games.

Haven't seen Rutger in action, but that's cause FE6 is lowest priority on my list.

Sadly Shannan's lack of a mount makes him a lot less impressive in FE4 than he could be, to the point where he plays almost no role in LTC after his initial skirmish at Yied. Stats aren't everything. But at least he's better than Skasaha and Lakche.

I felt Shannan deserved a mention alongside Rutger just because of fun stuff like this. Rutger is realistically the better of the two in an LTC environment, but in playing for fun, Shannan's unbeatable.

• 2 months later...

Rutger is probably the best SM in the series, simply because (on HM) he's not just good (like many SMs), but almost indispensably so. You can easily get by without swordmasters in any other title (though Eyvel gets an honorable mention for being bro).

That was kind of cool, I guess. If only for a non-FE10 character in FE10...however, as cool as goldie's FE10 videos were (I really enjoyed them back in the day), I feel they've gotten a bit too out of hand, with the whole "averages unleashed/extreme/no limits". I think they were really cool when they were based on character averages...with actual caps. The first ones with all-capped stats were kind of luck-based, but they were also pretty cool.

Probably gonna go off topic, but Goldie told me ages ago that those videos were her worst ( averages unleashed, unleashed supreme etc. ) simply because lower-levelled units like Edward would have a distinct advantage over a late joiner like say, Stefan or those guys. She said it was horribly unfair. XD

One doesn't even have to play FE6 to know it's Rutger.

But still.

Odo blood, son. Shannan ftw. When you're the only Gen 2 (where everyone is a fucking super muderer) foot unit anyone gives a flying a fuck about in FE4, you're damn skippy he gets instant 2nd place. His base level offense w/Balmung is legendary. I've never head of another character who joins super early with enough offense to murder like 90% of the last chapter with ease.

• 2 months later...

Shanan has Balmung but FE4 was dominated by mounted units so he may not be the best. Rutger was IMO the last game breakingly powerful Myrmidon/Swordmaster though. (If Rutger equips a killing edge and has an A support with Dieck/Clarine and a B support with the other he can have crit percentges over 100%)

Shanan has always done pretty good for me considering the amount of mounted units in FE4. He did me a world of good in the final chapter, and I'd say Lex!Lakche is pretty close. But as Sigurd said, Shanan's the man. Even without Balmung, he's never failed me. Navarre does save my ass a lot, and Rutger would be another top choice, but I'd still probably stick with Shanan in the end (and since I like taking the stubborn way out in the final chapter and I try to avoid using Julia for as long as possible, Shanan's my ace here, and Lakche backs him up, so I wouldn't say Lakche's number one).

Edited by Tellius Defender

Lyn flat out has the most character out of all the swordsman. Has the best Swordsman idea aswell

Karel's got ten times more character than Lyn. Half of Lyn's lines are "what?".