Best Swordmaster

Ragingrob13

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the best swordsmaster?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think my choice is a bit obvious but for real very few myrmidons have truly good strength growths. Also who doesn't love the gambling lady killer who is basically Aladdin.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely Rutger. Gets a ridiculous 30% crit bonus as a SM, supports with two of the best characters in FE6 for amazing crit bonuses from their affinities. Gets HM bonuses too. Basically a broken unit because of all these factors.

Joshua has never let me down, but since he's a much less tragic Levin/Lewyn rehash, Shannon gets the prize.

And also the Balmung in Holy War grants 20 speed and 10 skill. Plus Astra at it's most strongest. (Unlike in the other entries, Astra doesn't cut you strength in half.)

• 1 month later...

Of course I'd have to go with my favorite character Edward. I usually work on him the most when I play Radiant Dawn but even when I use all the characters equally he still comes out on top for me. I've tried getting to use the other swordmasters in the game but they're not as good as Edward except for Mia and Stefan. Navarre is also really good but you have to work with him if you want him to be or he'll die easily and same goes for Lon'qu.

• 3 weeks later...

Have to go with Karel (totally not bias lol)

His stats in binding blade were *whistles* insane. One could argue about his impecable timing but this is just solely on as unit.

210% HP

130% Str

140%Skl

140%Spd

110%Def

100%Res

120%Lck

Karel IS the swordsmaster hence "Sword Demon" & "Sword Saint"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mia is my favorite. Is anyone surprised? Honestly I don't care that much for the other SM's. Something about Joshua's design rubbed me the wrong way and Marisa is... kinda obvious. Stefan is overrated as ****, I dislike Zihark, Lucia is... eh, and Eddie is passible but stuck in the worst game to be introduced in, and I don't think it's fair to rate the Awakening SM's due to reclassing.

Edited by Snowy_One

Yeah, it's either him or Rutger.

Yeah... That said, I still think it's Rutger because I'm convinced that Swordmasters in Fates aren't nearly as good as they were in FE6.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Yeah... That said, I still think it's Rutger because I'm convinced that Swordmasters in Fates aren't nearly as good as they were in FE6.

Ryouma being good is not entirely because he's a swordmaster (although it helps) and more because he has a 11 (effectively 15, with the +4 str) mt 1-2 range sword with absolutely no drawbacks joining at chapter 13 when physical 1-2 mt is otherwise nerfed to hell, ninjas don't really hit hard, and magic users are lackluster. the +4 str also carries over to when he uses other weapons if he ever wants to grab, say, a forge, to boost damage for a boss or something.

There's several reasons why Hana and Hinata aren't really the same tier of good as Ryouma, despite joining earlier and also being of the same class. Raijin's one of them, and a big one. It doesn't matter if SM is good or not, because Raijin is, and Raijin also works really well with SM as a class as well as Ryouma's personal skill.

That being said Rutger is still great.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Well, Ryoma has poorer availability than Rutger, and is nowhere as necessary for bosskilling. Pairing him up with somebody who gives str/def and moving him in some direction is pretty much this game's way of effortless playing, sorta like Robin with their Veteran in the previous title.

Basically, Ryoma is a fast user of 1-2 range who's not so easy to kill.

Hana and Hinata are both scrubs tbqh.

Edward, obviously

I'd probably say Rutger with Mia in FE10 being a close second. Mia and even Edward obviously have much better stats than Rutger, but when you compare them to other units in the same game, you see that Mia is competing with a lot of the GMs, whereas Rutger is one of the superior units in FE6.

Ryouma being good is not entirely because he's a swordmaster (although it helps) and more because he has a 11 (effectively 15, with the +4 str) mt 1-2 range sword with absolutely no drawbacks joining at chapter 13 when physical 1-2 mt is otherwise nerfed to hell, ninjas don't really hit hard, and magic users are lackluster. the +4 str also carries over to when he uses other weapons if he ever wants to grab, say, a forge, to boost damage for a boss or something.

There's several reasons why Hana and Hinata aren't really the same tier of good as Ryouma, despite joining earlier and also being of the same class. Raijin's one of them, and a big one. It doesn't matter if SM is good or not, because Raijin is, and Raijin also works really well with SM as a class as well as Ryouma's personal skill.

That being said Rutger is still great.

Hey, I get all that, I just think Ryoma loses out because of less availability, and 30 crit turns Rutger into a delete button for most anything in the game, particularly bosses, because fuck FE6 thrones.

Hey, I get all that, I just think Ryoma loses out because of less availability, and 30 crit turns Rutger into a delete button for most anything in the game, particularly bosses, because fuck FE6 thrones.

Well that doesn't have anything to do with him being a swordmaster in postfe6 does it

This is reasonable, but your original post says nothing of the sort, and instead takes into question swordmaster as a class post-fe6 when that's not horribly relevant to why Ryouma's good.

If you want to make a point then actually make the right point the first time around.

Edited by Thor Odinson