Ace Attorney 5:Dual Destinies, Now With M Rated Phoenix Wright

Shengar

Ace_Attorney_5_cover.jpg

The fifth installment of the main series, now back with Phoenix Wright as the main protagonist since his name was cleared and allowed to object in the court more than ever. The game itself with take place one year after the event of Apollo Justice, and now Phoenix will have new lackey from his attorney associate, Athena Cykes. Apollo would also return as playable character too, so his future to replace Phoenix might not be too far off. Listed "Fall" for the release as digital exclusive on Nintendo eShop.

I'm currently excited with this as I have played the whole series. The story and the goofiness of the character is what make me really love this game. The music is also always perfect to build the mood of the game. Now as ESRB rated the game with "M", which makes my now up to the roof. I'm planning to use my $30 for this game.

So, anybody will have the game when it is released? Don't be shy, lets talk about the series in this thread too.

Ace_Attorney_5_cover.jpg

I'm currently excited with this as I have played the whole series. The story and the goofiness of the character is what make me really love this game. The music is also always perfect to build the mood of the game. Now as ESRB rated the game with "M", which makes my now up to the roof. I'm planning to use my $30 for this game.

Capcom said that the nature of some case and storyline make it appropriately rated "M". So it is not just being 3D in graphic, as some people might suggest, but also storyline content related.

Source

I'm trying to imagine what sort of storyline stuff could increase the rating to M. I'm thinking sexual or (exceedingly) violent themes (as in said violence is described in great detail).

Edited by Interest

The ESRB's rating descriptor is "Violence, Blood, Suggestive Themes, and Language", which is the same as the first Ace Attorney game. I don't think it's going to be very sexual in nature and I don't think that anyone is going to start dropping F-bombs, but I'm thinking that the crimes are probably going to be more violent than before. The opening case is a terrorist bombing the courthouse, complete with an anime cinematic that's much more detailed than the old sprite montages seen during the DS era. From the demo screenshots, the crime scenes look a slight bit more bloody and graphic, and even though the scenario is unique to the demo, the crime scene is included in the game. The graphical fidelity this time around is a fair bit higher. However the game won't be out for awhile so it's hard to say if the better graphics are responsible for the jump. For the record, not only did the ESRB give this game an M, it also has a PEGI 16 rating.

On the bright side, if the game's got a rating and Capcom is showing off footage from the 3rd case already, with an English demo coming to Comic-Con, the "Fall 2013" release might be closer to September than December. The game comes out in Japan next week and the ratings have been good thus far. The estimated time for a 1st playthrough is around 25 hours.

On the bright side, if the game's got a rating and Capcom is showing off footage from the 3rd case already, with an English demo coming to Comic-Con, the "Fall 2013" release might be closer to September than December. The game comes out in Japan next week and the ratings have been good thus far. The estimated time for a 1st playthrough is around 25 hours.

Ah this is going to be fun.

It's seriously rated M?

Huh... Now I'm wondering what sort of content is in the fourth and hopefully fifth cases...

In b4 April May again (probably the reason the original had the "Suggestive Themes" flag)

Edited by Interest

http://court-records-net.tumblr.com/post/55938145611/translated-famitsu-interview-w-producer-motohide-eshiro

A new interview with the producer of the series. Near the end of the interview it's strongly hinted that this will be a five case game. I'm pretty pumped about that since the four case games felt a little short. I thought Trials and Tribulations was a really nice length even though (or because?) the 4th case was a short one.

I've seen screenshots of the game, but what I don't understand is why they've had Pearl in the game but yet I've seen nothing of Maya.

She's busy being the Master, probably. Or she's a murder victim (oh god I really hope not...).

Or they just want to tease. We'll find out soon enough.

Edited by Interest

Pearl's back as a medium in training. Good lord.

Juniper(girl accused for bombing in Case 1) gets under suspicion again in case 3 I think. She sets up the trial for the murder of her teacher lol. And the defense attorney? No, its not Phoenix Wright, but ATHENA CYKES! I mean wow they sure wanna make various defense attornies take the stage here huh? She'll be going against Simon, as usual. :3 Oh and Apollo will be assisting her.

Juniper also has two friends who're good to her and all but Athena suspects they're up to no good.

http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=27402

EDIT: I dun care if Pearl is back, I really really wish they don't show Mia in this game. Or if they do its in some non-important scene. I mean really its annoying when Phoenix gets thru cases because of Mia.

Edited by Bluedoom

Not surprised that Athena would get screen time. I was kind of expecting it - Maybe not as early as Case 3, but...

Pearl's been known about for nearly 2 months or something (watch the trailers closely). Not even surprising she's a medium in training.

Edited by Interest

Not surprised that Athena would get screen time. I was kind of expecting it - Maybe not as early as Case 3, but...

Pearl's been known about for nearly 2 months or something (watch the trailers closely). Not even surprising she's a medium in training.

I new she was in but didn't think a prodigy like her would still be in training.

Timeline's probably Case 2 --> Case 3--> Case 1

Case 2 has Apollo and Athena look for each other (dunno why) and that's the first time they meet. Apollo takes defence for this case with Trucy and Athena helping him. Apparently Phoenix makes an appearance and objects to something in court but I dunno why. Simon's the prosecutor.

Case 3 first has a mock trial b/w Apollo and Klavier in Themis Law School. But then apparently the teacher over there gets murdered in the same fashion as the victim in the mock trial. Athena takes the defence's bench, backed by Apollo(who doesn't have bandages at this time) and goes against Simon. I'm assuming the bombing takes place during the court proceedings of this case, seems very likely considering the suspect for this case is also the suspect for Case 1.

Case 1 sees Phoenix returning to court and getting a non-guilty on Juniper.

...So I guess we'll be seeing Pearl/Edgeworth in Cases 4 or 5. If this is a 5 case game I hope Apollo gets Case 4 and Phoenix gets the last case or something, it really seems like this game has an interesting plot which doesn't involve mystics lol.

The game is out in Japan few days ago. I've read some impression and so far its good.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634126

Mostly read from there. Positive reaction so from those who have played the game. The thread have really minimum story spoiler discussion, only general impression which is good.

Now I wish Ace Attorney Investigation 2 got localized.

The game is out in Japan few days ago. I've read some impression and so far its good.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634126

Mostly read from there. Positive reaction so from those who have played the game. The thread have really minimum story spoiler discussion, only general impression which is good.

Now I wish Ace Attorney Investigation 2 got localized.

That first picture is the best picture.

I am so hype

Blackquill looks sexual as hell

I hope the last case is Phoenix vs Edgeworth or something. Like Blackquill is prosecuting but then Edgeworth just shows up and he's like move over bro

I dunno I don't want to spoil myself because my body is so ready

It's been nearly one week already since AA5 release in Japan

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=640228

The number is pretty solid, if not actually excellent. For comparison, AA4 sold unit is at 250k with much bigger DS install base. But I guess install base didn't since every mainline AA game connected each other.

Anyway, can't contain the hype for this. I'm itching to use my $30 credit from FE13+SMTIV promotion. Also have to see more Athena

• 1 month later...

How interesting.. We'll see why its rated M in time I suppose.

For the same reasons as Persona 4, presumably; that is FUCK IF I KNOW EVEN AFTER BEATING THE GAME.

Also hype for AA5 or something I can't play it anyways sadface I really need a 3DS.