So, Atlus is up for sale...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's going to happen to Banpresto and SRW?

I'm just hoping that Microsoft never gets their hands on Atlus. Nintendo/Sony would probobly be the most likely of the possible scenarios.

SANGER ZONVOLT FOR SMASH 4.

What do you mean "What's going to happen to Banpresto and SRW"?

Banpresto has always been a subsidiary of Bandai (and now Bandai-Namco), and as we can see, they've been productive with SRWs. :3

I can't wait to see GameFAQs rage if Nintendo buys Atlus.

I can't wait to see the INTERNET rage if Nintendo buys Atlus.

I'm going to enjoy the bitter tears.

Best scenario in this event is that another good third party buys Atlus so everything goes on how they went before the bankruptcy.

Otherwise, if it's completely Nintendo VS. Sony, Nintendo deserves them the most. I mean, Sony gets Persona, while Nintendo gets Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odyssey and Trauma Center. I'd mention Dept. Heaven, but both Nintendo and Sony get some of the games from the series. And I guess I could mention independent titles like Catherine, but there are too many to look up.

Best scenario in this event is that another good third party buys Atlus so everything goes on how they went before the bankruptcy.

Otherwise, if it's completely Nintendo VS. Sony, Nintendo deserves them the most. I mean, Sony gets Persona, while Nintendo gets Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odyssey and Trauma Center. I'd mention Dept. Heaven, but both Nintendo and Sony get some of the games from the series. And I guess I could mention independent titles like Catherine, but there are too many to look up.

I don't see how any company could "deserve" to buy another one more than the other. Sony and Nintendo especially have been pretty shady in the past, if either of them purchases Atlus it will be because they had the money and desire to do so, not because either of them deserved it.

Either way Sony seems more focused on creating new talent rather than buying existing talent, so I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't even bidding.

Edited by Tangerine

I don't see how any company could "deserve" to buy another one more than the other. Sony and Nintendo especially have been pretty shady in the past, if either of them purchases Atlus it will be because they had the money and desire to do so, not because either of them deserved it.

Either way Sony seems more focused on creating new talent rather than buying existing talent, so I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't even bidding.

Maybe deserve was a bad choice of words. I was trying to go for which company receives the most from Atlus, so the majority of Atlus' projects are kept the same. Something along those lines,

Still, a third party buying them is the best case scenario.

Nintendo and Sony aren't even bidding on Atlus...

Huzzah we wont have a major fight between the SMT and Persona fanbases (well another one anyways)

Just to be sure, who IS bidding on getting jurisdiction over Atlus? I'm kind of hoping for Koei...

This made me lol at first, but then I realized, that would be kind of awesome... Warriors Orochi 4 or something, guest character Flynn or Hitoshura... and for the lulz FExSMT turns into...... FExSMT Musou! I would love that

Edited by Soledai

• 3 weeks later...

It's over, guys. It's over.

R.I.P. localization. It's fucking over.

Sega hates the west, and they'll go out of their way to make sure the west doesn't get any games.

So long, Persona 5. It would have been fun.

Lol, if anything this will likely push Sega to do more localization, now that they have a fantastic localization team under their belt.

Also, I told you so.

Now the only hope that remains is that Sega Sammy keeps Atlus and Sega separate because if not...

On the other hand it might mean localization incidents like VC3 won't happen anymore but the glass half empty from this POV

Edited by ShinRPGamer

They've handled Relic well, so there's hope indeed.

Yes but on the other hand VC3, Yukuza 5, the Shining Force fiasco, All of Sakura Wars except the 5th game, the majority of Hatsune Miku, the abandonment of IP's that isn't a blue cartoon rat, PSO2, and we might be adding ruining Atlus to the list.