Help With Event 177

I'm having trouble on unlocking event 177. On the Serenes Forest guide ( http://serenesforest.net/fe11/recollection.html ), it says "Didn't go to Chapter 24x". But I've started the endgame (without going to 24x) about five times, and it still hasn't shown up. There's obviously another requirement to it. Please help!

Edited by Redredc

OKAY, remember Chapter 24x's requirement? What if you managed to dodge it by only having ONE of the requirements fulfilled? Try accessing Endgame with:

1. Only Tiki recruited (do NOT have Falchion in inventory - that means the real Gharnef must survive in Chapter 23)

2. Only Falchion (kill Tiki; to be safe, I wouldn't bother recruiting her)

One of these two should do it, I think. If not, lemme know.

Edited by eclipse

I think I might have made an omission there.

Event 177 is probably related to playing on Normal mode or Hard mode. IIRC, 177 and 178 are the same, but one includes a flashback to the prologue--and if you play Hard mode you won't have seen the prologue.

Oh yeah, that's the one where Marth flashes back to Malledus quoting Elice and Cain delivering King Cornelius' last words. Probably won't play on hard mode. Or you missed the other one without the flashback because you were on Normal mode.

• 2 months later...

This may be a late reply, but thank you. I've been playing a lot of Radiant Dawn, and have been procrastinating Shadow Dragon. I try to challenge myself the first time I play a new Fire Emblem game by starting out on a harder mode. Playing on normal mode worked.