Might as well...

Sage Knight

Those are pretty nice. I could see some of those in the games themselves.

Thanks! ^.^

I didn't think they were that great. I'm in a sort of artist's block right now. I like it when I just start drawing and like 10 pix come out that are amazing. My pride is my Custom Leonardo mug on my DA.

Here

Edited by Myrmidon

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks! ^.^

I didn't think they were that great. I'm in a sort of artist's block right now. I like it when I just start drawing and like 10 pix come out that are amazing. My pride is my Custom Leonardo mug on my DA.

Here

576ca72e4d6250_full.jpg

Seriously, though. That's awesome man.

• 2 months later...

I'll be straightforward on this one; you need to work more on your drawings. I'll list a few of the obvious flaws on the drawing from the main character of Kingdom of Hearts (his name was Sora, right?).

1)While the use of color hue (aka the use of primary and secondary colors) was properly done and quite attractive indeed; the lightning is inconsistent. This means we don't have a consistent source of light throughout the whole object of the painting.

2)The eyes should be covered by the hair; pretty logistical error. A way to avoid this easily is coloring the eyes first and then the hair.

3)The left arm is completely asymmetrical to the right arm. This is easily fixed by erasing the extra buff on the left one.

4)The key's blade is asymmetrical when it shouldn't be. A little more effort will fix this in no time.

5)The thumb of the right hand should go around the handle but it clearly is over it. This is also something that can be fixed with practice and patience with details.

6)The details look too "flat" and asymmetrical. First off, lightning should also affect the details. Second, the details were is a way that I'd define as "rushed". Take your time, be patient, and the quality will improve quite a bit.

7) The hair. The problem? It's flat. I understand drawing hair is very tough indeed however this is no excuse to simplify it to a degree where it looks like it's completely flat. The problem is gets even worse when you shade the whole frontal area as if it one just one big shape; after staring at the official artwork I supposed the best way to fix this would be adding additional layers of hair. The backside of the hair is done "properly" when I see at the official artwork but the front is just too damn flat.

8) (added on edit) That Nostril, the manga style you're emulating does not use them when the character is been looked at from the side.

You have decent skills. It's just a matter of more dedication and practice before we can call this a good tribute to Sora for kingdom of Hearts.

Edited by Mad Fredin

Well, I like art, so I make it. It's not too great, but whatever. Here's my DeviantArt Gallery.

And a few things I made that I have on Photobucket.

SoraColored.png

I'm not going to pad my response with "it looks nice", since even you stated that it doesn't. But since no one here is interested in telling you what to fix, i guess i will.

KH2_Artwork_Sora2.jpg

Posting this here, since that's the original art, and they have a very specific style that they are using, that makes hands and feet larger then they usually are.

First note: While the head to body proportions are lesser then normal, 1:5 instead of the usual 1:6-7, your head is slightly too big. Try to keep an idea of how much your head height count is when you're imitating a style.

Second note: start using basic geometrical shapes to draw through on the figure, before continuing in on the details. Work in gradual layers, since it seems like you're working all the details in on the first pass. I'll explain why this is affecting your pieces, and i think if you do this, your pieces will start to have form and dimension.

Third note: bouncing off of the second note: figure out what said shapes do when they are facing towards or away from you. Also, establish a camera and a main point of light, as it will solidify your pieces.

Fourth note: Coming off the second and third notes, The top of the glove curving upwards, and the bottom of the sleeve shirt curving downwards is an oxymoron. Imagine a can there for a moment. Can you realistically see the bottom and the top of said can if you put it in between those two sleeves? Establishing your camera, and working out your perspectives will fix this problem.

Fifth note: try to establish which way his hips are rotated, and where the weight of the character is. Since his propped foot isn't holding weight, the straight leg is. The direction of his weighted foot would hurt, also, you have a slight problem of the ankle of the foot facing towards us, and the toes facing another. This is in part of you not drawing through your figure.

Sixth note: the knee of said leg needs to show it's supporting weight. most knees that support weight are straight.

Seventh note: all the belts and buckles are being drawn straight, and not acknowledging the cylindrical shape of the thies that those straps are on.

Last note: You seem to have a hard time drawing hands. Most artists do. take a look at references on hands holding something. Also, draw through on the hand, since there are several box shapes that occur on the hand, and depending on your perspectives, will determine how to draw out the hand.

But to note the apparent: your hands wrap around objects. the thumb part will barely be visible, depending on your view of angle... problem being, you don't have one.

I'm ignoring the issue with the bags, the color spectrum used, and the shading to address more important, pressing and basic issues of this piece, that reflect in all of your drawings.

Edited by Art_Dragon

the color spectrum used

I like the particular color hue; the extensive use of primary colors makes it attractive to the eye. Thought the red does seem to throw the focus away from what really matters. In the original art Black (contrasting with the bright skin) fixes the focus issues but sky blue doesn't work that well for it.

Edited by Mad Fredin

I like the particular color hue; the extensive use of primary colors makes it attractive to the eye. Thought the red does seem to throw the focus away from what really matters. In the original art Black (contrasting with the bright skin) fixes the focus issues but sky blue doesn't work that well for it.

Im saying that in the sense that the color scheme is different then what the actual concept is. If he plans on using a different color scheme, then he needs to push the envelope more.