(Please don't kill me!) Sorry. Pairings.

Before we start, I would like to apologize infinitely many times for yet another pairings topic. I'm doing lunatic and I NEED your guys' thoughts so I don't screw something up. Please don't cut off my head.

Chrom and Sumia- Very defensive children running PavGis and two aether children. Lucina's PavGis works incredibly well with RK and Cynthia is amazing with Aether.

Henry and Lissa- Strength mod, magic mod, skill mod, access to sorcerer, VVW, dread fighter with amazing stats. Seems like it would work for me.

Virion and Olivia- While Inigo doesn't get luna, he has great mods and wyvern access. He also gets just the skills he needs from his regular class choices, so I really only need mods.

Lon'qu and Maribelle- Brady gets myrmidon class and as a sage, he can wreck with Vantage. The sweet mods are icing on the cake. (No pun intended)

Donnel and Sully- Kjelle gets AT and Sol, as well as GF and Lancefaire. She can rock paladin or general easily.

Stahl and Cordelia- Astra, Sol, Luna, DG+. Need I say more?

Fred and Cherche- Makes for a very tanky general and a great support unit with DG+ and DS+. Strength and defense caps reach 55 or higher.

Gregor and Panne- Pretty much is the perfect Yarne. As a berserker his strength matches Gerome, but he gets AT, Sol, and Astra to complement his also very high skill stat.

Ricken and Miriel- Makes for a very magical sage, and can also serve as a support unit for the same reasons as Gerome.

Gaius and Tharja- Gives Noire amazing mods, Luna, Pavise, Astra, Sol, and the best of all, Galeforce. I will be using her as a sniper, possibly with Vantage/Vengeance, not sure about that as she's a sniper, not a sorcerer.

Vaike and Nah- Nah gets everything she needs to be a tanky Manakete or an offensive hero. I will be doing the hero build as I will have another Manakete...

MaMU (Asset- Magic, Flaw- Resistance) and Tiki- Manakete with any skill she wants, like luna and sol. I'm considering using a dark flier build with ignis for the magic she gets from her father and the resistance from her mother.

EDIT: I'm thinking about incorporating MaMU x Sumia and then doing Chrom x Olivia, but this will seem pretty stupid, but I don't care for Sumia too much. I imagine I could get used to her, but I still like Tiki better.

Thank you in advance for your time and help, sorry if I come off as annoying, I've been having a rough day.

Edited by Duck

We don't bite, I promise (and if things do get dicey, that's what the mods are for).

What's the purpose of this team? On-hits are nice, but remember that only one triggers at a time. So if you've got Astra, Luna, and Sol, you're only getting one per weapon hit, which means the other two sit there looking silly. Granted, it could be used to up your odds of getting SOMETHING to trigger, but if you're that worried about on-hits, that's what Vengeance is for. :P:

another pairing thread... YOU MUST DIE

fred and cherche are an awesome pairing because of skillz, but you'll have a slower gerome (if freddy is a general) so you might want to reclass him to a faster class.

Thanks guys, what do you think of changing Chrom x Sumia to Chrom x Olivia and MaMU x Tiki to MaMU x Sumia. Cynthia can be AMAZING as a dark flier since I have a magic asset and then Inigo gets luna and RK. I bet "Nobody" would be so excited if I did that because luna.

Thanks guys, what do you think of changing Chrom x Sumia to Chrom x Olivia and MaMU x Tiki to MaMU x Sumia. Cynthia can be AMAZING as a dark flier since I have a magic asset and then Inigo gets luna and RK. I bet "Nobody" would be so excited if I did that because luna.

Did that, no regrets, though if you want lucina to be magical, you should pair off mari to chrom and have olivia with lon'qu

mag mu+sumia nets you an earlier morgan and equally as good cynthia, it also helps cynthia to not get stuck because of sumia's terrible suitor choices

Did that, no regrets, though if you want lucina to be magical, you should pair off mari to chrom and have olivia with lon'qu

mag mu+sumia nets you an earlier morgan and equally as good cynthia, it also helps cynthia to not get stuck because of sumia's terrible suitor choices

No offense, but why would I want to do that?

That helps, because there's a difference to "I want to see pretty shiny numbers" and "I want to beat Apotheosis".

Chrom!Inigo will inherit Rightful King, and have the Cavalier/Archer line in his arsenal, which means that he can either do something silly like Galeforce Luna sniping with a Double Bow that never breaks or attempt to get lucky with Sol/Aegis (with a slightly better chance of doing so). With Virion, he can become the ultimate ferry unit (Deliverer/Acrobat).

Chrom!Cynthia gets Aether, which, IMO isn't really worth it. She'll give herself Bowbreaker, but IIRC Hawkeye+ exists, so that kind of ruins her day. YOU DO NOT NEED ADVICE FOR ANY KID WITH MU AS A PARENT.

Hope this helps~!

Not really a fan of Vaike and Nowi as a pairing. I prefer to put Nowi with someone else. Like MaMU.

Your member title is terrible.

because Lucina is just a magical girl

I dunno why you'd pair Chrom with Maribelle though, LOL

Actually she becomes a support unit... I don't like it that much because of wasted Luna but that's just me...

so she's even better as a dark flier, that's really the only reason

chrom and his children are made to be support units, anyway

Pretty sure Maribelle!Lucina is better off running a support set as a Sage... DF is better at frontlining imo.

Chrom x Olivia gives them some frontlining ability...

Pretty sure Maribelle!Lucina is better off running a support set as a Sage... DF is better at frontlining imo.

Chrom x Olivia gives them some frontlining ability...

That's the point, lucina gets better frontlining (slightly) because of the tiny mag boost and if you don't want them to do that, dual support+ makes her the best support bot

they get vantage, that's really it

That helps, because there's a difference to "I want to see pretty shiny numbers" and "I want to beat Apotheosis".

Chrom!Inigo will inherit Rightful King, and have the Cavalier/Archer line in his arsenal, which means that he can either do something silly like Galeforce Luna sniping with a Double Bow that never breaks or attempt to get lucky with Sol/Aegis (with a slightly better chance of doing so). With Virion, he can become the ultimate ferry unit (Deliverer/Acrobat).

Chrom!Cynthia gets Aether, which, IMO isn't really worth it. She'll give herself Bowbreaker, but IIRC Hawkeye+ exists, so that kind of ruins her day. YOU DO NOT NEED ADVICE FOR ANY KID WITH MU AS A PARENT.

Hope this helps~!

Inigo's going to be a hero no matter what father he has.

A bigger problem is MaMU. I don't know who to pair him with. I'm thinking Tiki, Lucina, or if it's really necessary, Sumia. Lucina and Cynthia get good enough, heck, amazing skills already with Chrom as the father. Olivia and Virion gives Inigo perfect mods, because he already has enough skills to be a frontliner. If I don't do MaMU and Sumia, Morgan will probably be a dark flier, mainly so she can spam ignis (and aether). Tiki gives her access to manakete, but gives her a triple weakness. I'd prefer to not marry Sumia because I find her annoying, and I like Tiki overall best, but Lucina is second, and for better skills and stats, I'd do that. Maybe Aversa for shadowgift? Morgan would be amazing, but you would get her so late in the game that it's not even worth it compared to Aether. Especially since it's lunatic. I know I'm probably sounding like an idiot right now, but just bear with me.

I AM NOT DOING CHROM AND MARIBELLE. PERIOD.

Edited by Duck

Why not do Chrom!Inigo, Henry!Cynthia, and Avatar!Owain? Or you could do Libra!Owain if you want to marry your avatar elsewhere. It gives the same results as Henry except for Trickster, without taking a father from Cynthia.

I also prefer Gregor!Laurent and Kellam!Yarne but your current pairings are pretty good already.

Why not do Chrom!Inigo, Henry!Cynthia, and Avatar!Owain? Or you could do Libra!Owain if you want to marry your avatar elsewhere. It gives the same results as Henry except for Trickster, without taking a father from Cynthia.

I also prefer Gregor!Laurent and Kellam!Yarne but your current pairings are pretty good already.

Actually, that's exactly what I was thinking. I'm also challenging myself to a no dark magic run, so no sorcerers or shadowgift. Sorcerer will only be a temporary class to get vengeance. I am going to try MaMU x Lissa, and I'll probably have him go dread fighter.

Actually, that's exactly what I was thinking. I'm also challenging myself to a no dark magic run, so no sorcerers or shadowgift. Sorcerer will only be a temporary class to get vengeance. I am going to try MaMU x Lissa, and I'll probably have him go dread fighter.

This is pretty much what I'm doing -- I went with Libra!Owain, had Libra pass down Vengeance and Lissa pass down Galeforce. He picked up Swordfaire, then I had him reclass Dread Fighter for Aggressor. Been pretty awesome so far. On my last playthrough I did MaMU x Lissa which is great fun if you want a physical Owain (because swordhand). That way you can get Armsthrift + VVW as well, if that's your thing.

Edited by Pilcrow

But Chrom and Maribelle is my favorite pairing...

When asking for help, it makes life easier for the people answering you if you tell us what you want to do with the kids. I'm not sure why you don't want dark magic users on your team. (unless it's a caps issue? I can't really tell?)

But Chrom and Maribelle is my favorite pairing...

When asking for help, it makes life easier for the people answering you if you tell us what you want to do with the kids. I'm not sure why you don't want dark magic users on your team. (unless it's a caps issue? I can't really tell?)

I tried my best and everyone was helping me, so I don't understand your point there. The dark magic thing is really just something I'm challenging myself to do.

Okay. . .I guess it's time I explained how to explain things. . .(dear me that's a mess). . .

I'd like advice for pairings for (do you want shiny numbers? Skills? Beat Apotheosis in 25 seconds?). Here's what I have so far:

(pairs, and WHY you have them)

Here's the restrictions:

(for example, I refuse to make Noire a Great Knight, so Tharja must past Luna. . .this is an example of a lame one. A more realistic one is Noire will be my Sniper, so her skills should be tailored to one - giving her something like Swordfaire is totally out of the question)

That's a rough outline of something I can work with. As for the dark magic thing, uh, good luck! Celica's Gale covers consecutive hits, but you're stuck with Sol for life-stealing!