Bronze Swords

when bronze oxidates it goes a blue green color

To elaborate on that with an image, when the patina forms, you get bronze weapons with a color like this (although not necessarily in that sort of condition):

[spoiler=image]360px-Mycenaean_Bronze_Dagger.jpg

Honestly though, while I'm no expert, they probably shouldn't look like that, as I think that soldiers would take care not to let their weapons get in that sort of shape.

Honestly though, while I'm no expert, they probably shouldn't look like that, as I think that soldiers would take care not to let their weapons get in that sort of shape.

Realistically speaking, it might not make much sense, but I can understand why IS would choose to make them appear that way. Bronze weapons are the weakest and least expensive in the game, and it makes sense than IS would want to make them appear shabby and cheap. I've noticed that the color of pristine bronze is seldom used in JRPGs.

Hmm, every bronze sword in the game is oxidized blue... Which means...

Armourer: "I sell only the finest!"

F***ing liar.

I'd rather have strange-looking weapons than completely realistic-looking ones.

Well if massive double-sided javelins and boomerang short axes are your thing, okay.

I guess you could say this for all the bronze weapons. Maybe it was to make them stand out, or look dull?