Damage output:

5RKO Berserker

4RKO most stuff

4 - 5RKO Mercenary

18RKO Sage

And does not damage against the boss, a priest, and the Sorcerer

Defensively:

EVERYTHING have attack that is higher than 17. And higher speed than 4

Thats pretty stupid considering that she does 2 Damage against Mages in the previous chapter

OTOH, are the Throne Bonus going to be changed?

Edited by Salesmaster MU

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I think what you're doing is amazing The Second Archsage. I'm playing FE6 right now and its my first FE title I've ever played and I'm really enjoying it. The reason I got interested in the game was because of Idoun/Idenn and I don't know if anyone has already mentioned it but I'd love if she became playable even if it was just an extra character for a trial map. She could start out as a druid or have dragon stones and turn into a dark dragon just like Fa/Fae and the other mamkutes. I was a bit disappointed when I heard that she wasn't one of the unlockable characters.

I'm new here, hi everyone and I just joined for this thread. So far the game is looking good and I can't wait for it to be finished. Would it be playable on a GBA emulator? I dunno much about hacks and stuff my brother was the one who helped me with it hehe and I'm playing it on my PSP.

Thanks and keep up the good work man.

Idk if you said this yet, but are you adding in paired endings? I find it strange that only Roy's supports affect his ending, but no one else's (other than the women he can marry in the game).

I have the research all set up if Arch wants it. Just need help implementing it properly.

I have the research all set up if Arch wants it. Just need help implementing it properly.

If it's doable, I'd love to implement additional paired endings. It'd also be nice, I think, to give everybody their full epilogue endings (that'd likely require some ASM work, though); the short endings were kind of bullshit.

Wow, I think what you're doing is amazing The Second Archsage. I'm playing FE6 right now and its my first FE title I've ever played and I'm really enjoying it. The reason I got interested in the game was because of Idoun/Idenn and I don't know if anyone has already mentioned it but I'd love if she became playable even if it was just an extra character for a trial map. She could start out as a druid or have dragon stones and turn into a dark dragon just like Fa/Fae and the other mamkutes. I was a bit disappointed when I heard that she wasn't one of the unlockable characters.

I'm new here, hi everyone and I just joined for this thread. So far the game is looking good and I can't wait for it to be finished. Would it be playable on a GBA emulator? I dunno much about hacks and stuff my brother was the one who helped me with it hehe and I'm playing it on my PSP.

Thanks and keep up the good work man.

Ideally, this hack should work on every emulation platform (that includes the PSP). I doubt I'll be able to implement a playable Idoun, however. Sorry to disappoint you there.

If it's doable, I'd love to implement additional paired endings. It'd also be nice, I think, to give everybody their full epilogue endings (that'd likely require some ASM work, though); the short endings were kind of bullshit.

Ideally, this hack should work on every emulation platform (that includes the PSP). I doubt I'll be able to implement a playable Idoun, however. Sorry to disappoint you there.

Its alright I'm already playing with her, she's awesome. I found a save data with her in it. Its only the druid mode not dragon mode and her stats are all maxed out hehe. Thanks for the reply and I still look forward to the release. Keep up the good work the game is looking great.

I've been working on the paired endings issue since yesterday, and I've got a draft of proposed endings that I'd like to add. Figured I'd post it to the public and get some feedback. Are there pairings that I haven't addressed that you'd like to see? Issues with any of my current choices?

I'm also considering perhaps revising some of the support conversations themselves, since FE6's can tend to be bland and useless to character development, in many cases (Allen/Lance is basically who likes Roy more, Echidna's are all mostly "hey, you'll help me build, right," etc.). I don't know how I'd execute this, since there's going to be the vanilla patch and the enhanced one. Opinions would be much appreciated.

Edited by The Second Archsage

Honestly I think what you have is pretty nice. It really fleshes out things for characters because who wants to play game with dry dialogue. You might as well read a book lol. But I like them after I finally read them all.

Well, I think you proposed endings look fine. But something you said bugged me:

Allen/Lance is basically who likes Roy more,

Were you referring to their current support? Because I don't think the Allen/Lance support is like this at all.

Well, I think you proposed endings look fine. But something you said bugged me:

Were you referring to their current support? Because I don't think the Allen/Lance support is like this at all.

Oh hey, that one's actually better than I remembered. Faulty example, I suppose. Still, there's a number of supports where characters could stand to be fleshed out.

Just to offer a thought... I don't agree with Astor ending up retiring with Igrene unless there's some other situation that happens. He left her to protect her. It seems strange that he would decide that he doesn't care anymore. I agree they should have SOME ending... but maybe not THAT ending.

Just to offer a thought... I don't agree with Astor ending up retiring with Igrene unless there's some other situation that happens. He left her to protect her. It seems strange that he would decide that he doesn't care anymore. I agree they should have SOME ending... but maybe not THAT ending.

Igraine: Spies carry information that is incredibly dangerous to the enemy if it is leaked. If a spy gets caught, the enemy will dig deep down into his weaknesses. Family members and lovers are taken as hostage... And the spy is put through endless torture until he spills every bit of information that he has. That's why spies have to be alone... They must not make families or friends, or lovers...

She basically hit the nail on the head. So Astor retires, which frees him from needing to worry about such things. I'd imagine he resumes the "Gorlois" identity and does something about "Astor" to throw everybody off of his trail (likely faking his own death, as he did with Gorlois in Nabata). Given that Astor would likely tie up any loose ends before retirement (i.e. no enemies would have a reason to come looking for him), he'd be free to search for his lover and resume their relationship.

[spoiler=Revised Ending]I revised the ending to add to the ambiguity:

"After the war, Astor’s name vanished

from history. Some rumors say that he

reunited with a lost lover and lived happily

in retirement, others believe that he died

working as an Ostian spy. He was last

seen wandering the Nabata Desert..."

Edited by The Second Archsage

I think IS made it clear that they don't always want the love stories to end happily when they did not change Abel and Est's endings in FE12. In FE3, you could dismiss it as them not wanting to programme paired endings but even in FE12, it's still the change despite the many significant changes like Michalis.

Then again, this is more than just a translation/localisation so I don't have a problem with giving Igrene and Astor a paired happy ending.

I dunno if this has been stated before, but I suggest giving bards and dancers the stat caps they had in FE7.

Of course one wouldn't put their bard/dancer in harm's way, but 20 SPD isn't enough for them to dodge things.

Agreed

Also, this reminds me, are you going to lower the effectiveness on the slaying weapons (i.e Rapier, Durandal, wyrmslayers) from 3 to 2? I find it silly for it to be that high.

Edited by Rokklaggio

Agreed

Also, this reminds me, are you going to lower the effectiveness on the slaying weapons (i.e Rapier, Durandal, wyrmslayers) from 3 to 2? I find it silly for it to be that high.

I don't see why he should.

In literally every FE except the western releases of FE7/9, weapon effectiveness is x3 attack.

I don't see why he should.

In literally every FE except the western releases of FE7/9, weapon effectiveness is x3 attack.

Well, it's usually that the weapons make it too easy to use against manaketes (which were supposed to be powerful, anyways). I'm not saying make it tough, but doing like this much damage H4MuorS.png

It's absurd.

EDIT: Oops, I meant the legendary weapons this whole time..My bad.

Edited by Rokklaggio

Hah, never mind the fact that a level 1 Sage Lilina can do that with a fire spell. Admittedly, mine hasn't gained a point of defence in those 20 odd levels (bar promotion gains), so there is a downside. Allowing Manakete's to counter at range two is still worth thinking about though (IMO anyway).