Okay, so, I toyed with the idea in the main SMT4 thread started by Samias, and after a few days of deliberation, I decided to go ahead and go through with it. So here goes, I'll be walking you through my take on how I play SMT4. First things first, let me explain what happens on a NG+.

The things that carry over to a new game are the following:

Your Demon Compendium

Burroughs Apps increasing your MC # of skills

Burroughs Apps increasing your demons' # of skills

The amusing but useless collection of facts recorded in the Playlog area of Burroughs

Nothing else

Fusion level limit is not lifted, like in many other entries in the franchise, you can still only fuse demons appropriate for your game position (modified by any Burroughs apps you can purchase).

A few note about hard mode:

Run % from battles is locked to 0% (as far as my experiences indicate)

If you do not get a pre-emptive strike, 90% of the time (pulling numbers out of my ass, but ones that seem to support my experiences), the enemy will get a pre-emptive against you.

Enemies will attempt to strike weaknesses a lot more, meaning your team can be wiped or near wiped before you even get a chance to act, especially early game when you are limited in demon variety and resistances

That said, a 2nd cycle will still be a lot more tactically manageable. Why? Presumably on your first run, you collected a wide variety of demons in your compendium, which means that you will have a full log of their weaknesses, and possible fusion paths, and can effectively plan counters to bosses before you meet them for the first time, have to experiment, revise, grind, etc. This will help considerably, IMO.

That said, let's get the first major sections wrapped up and reported on here:

The Tutorial is somewhat rough, as enemies hit harder, and like I mentioned abuse weaknesses. If you don't save after every encounter, you are going to fail a negotiation at some point, and get wiped on the enemy phase. It will happen, I guarantee it.

The first main quest after the tutorial segment are to complete the 3 quests from K's Tavern. 2 of these are gathering quests, and easy peasy.

Defeating Orthrus will rock your world for two reasons. Fire Breath, and Bouncing Claw. At this stage in the game you cannot survive multi-hit attacks, as if your dudes have somehow become sturdy enough to avoid OHKO's they'll surely be 2HKO. When you lose demons, you lose press turns, and things spiral out of control in a very bad way, very fast.

Oh, and in case you forgot, your starting armor has a fire weakness. Joy of joys. You have to spend most of your hard-earned Macca in getting Mikado Sand.

My counter Orthrus strategy was the following:

Fuse myself a Peri (with Ice Resist as a bonus, to cover her weakness and extend her longevity). This is accomplished by utilizing a fully trained Napaea with a Lham Dearg (also fully trained, because that's how I roll, it is kind of an OCD flaw of mine). This will provide heals, and Fire Null, which will be important.

Next, I fuse myself a Melchom with a variety of useful attacks, and importantly, his Fire Repel. You could just catch one, but that will be far inferior in my opinion, as with only Agi, his utility will suffer greatly. My prefered fusion path for Melchom was a little convoluted, but IMO very worth it. First you fuse a Centaur and a Mokoi into an Angel. This provides important Bufu, Zio, Dia and Rakukaja skills. Then you fuse a Centaur and a Griffon into a Heqet, which will not providing much new in the way of skills, is a necessary prerequisite to fuse a Heqet with a Mokoi to get a Dwarf. Dwarf gives you Tarukaja, but more importantly will let you fuse with Angel to get the Melchom to begin with.

Finally, I had planned on fusing myself a Fomorian and training it up to get Fire Resist, but it was taking too long, so I put that on hold. However, I still did acquire the ingredients, a Tangata Manu (which will give Sukukaja), and a Strigoii (made from fusing a Centaur and a Lham Dearg, again for Bufu access). I forgot how long it took for Strigoii to learn Light Resist, but it's a damn long time, and it may not be worth learning for passing on, in the long run, so I should have just aborted. But still, even grinding up the Fomorian for a Resist would have taken more time than needed.

What I ultimately used in the team was a caught and trained Chagrin, for its Rakunda, to help take the beast down a little quicker.

At the time of beating Orthrus, my stats were as follows:

Fighting Party

MC Lv 9: ( 7/18/16/20/14 ) (Agi+1/Bufu+6/Bouncing Claw+1/Zan+1/Zio+6/Dream Fist+3/Dia+3/Dream Needle+2) [samurai Sword:Samurai Hat/Mikado Sand Top/Samurai Bottom/Samurai Earring)

Pele Lv 8: (Agi/Posumdi/Dream Needle/Resist Ice/Critical Wave/Scratch Dance/Dia/Healing Knowhow)

Melchom Lv 7: (Life Bonus/Tarukaja/Rakukaja/Bufu/Agi/Zio/Dia/Posumdi)

Chagrin Lv 8: Needle Shot/Zio/Rakunda

Reserves:

Strigoii Lv 8

Slime Lv 6

Tangata Manu Lv 5

Dybbuk Lv 5

This is still a fight where you're more than likely to lose up to half of your demons, without a little bit of lady luck smiling on you, unless I just suck at strategizing. Still, a Smirk here, or a Miss there, and somehow it is possible to make it out fully intact too.

The next questline is the Missing Navarre string, and luckily enough, all of our current demons will still serve us well.

Our first encounter with a hooded man will face us against 3 Naga. Weak to Fire, we can melt them with triple Agi.

Our second encounter with a hooded man first faces us against a Wendigo, Weak to Fire. Then a swarm of Wendigo/Naga, curiously enough weak to Lightning. This is a little more dangerous to keep Melchom in, but you can still risk it.

Finally, in the domain, we face off against Alraune, Weak to Fire. Her gun attack will pretty much OHKO anyone, but you do have guests so maybe you're lucky and she'll target them.

Alternately, you could fuse up the lv 9 Drake Zhu Tun She using your Chagrin and Dyubbuk (which was made by using Fuxi and Myrmecolion), but that doesn't really grant many new skills, so I held off on it. In hindsight it would have been a really great idea, nulling both Gun AND Ice, making it pretty much an ideal demon for the questline... Live and learn, I guess.

At the time of beating Alraune, my stats were as follows:

Fighting Party

MC Lv 11: ( 7/21/18/23/16 ) (Agi+1/Bufu+6/Bouncing Claw+1/Zan+1/Zio+6/Dream Fist+3/Dia+4/Dream Needle+2) [samurai Sword:Samurai Hat/Mikado Sand Top/Samurai Bottom/Samurai Earring)

Pele Lv 9: (Agi/Posumdi/Dream Needle/Resist Ice/Critical Wave/Scratch Dance/Dia/Healing Knowhow)

Melchom Lv 8: (Life Bonus/Tarukaja/Rakukaja/Bufu/Agi/Zio/Dia/Posumdi)

Strigoii Lv 10: (Life Drain/Mudo/Bufu/Critical Wave/Gram Slice/Needle Shot)

Reserves:

Chagrin Lv 9: Needle Shot/Zio/Rakunda

Bilwis Lv 8

Slime Lv 7

Tangata Manu Lv 6

Dybbuk Lv 7

I have yet to spend any of my App Points, because lazy and unsure, but I think I'm about to go on a spree imminently. I will keep you posted on that situation as it develops.

Anyway, that's about as far as I've gotten, as I'm going at a much more relaxed pace this time around. Feel free to comment and questions, but as I'm doing my best to keep spoilers to a minimum, and to focus on the gameplay aspects (especially what I love most, fusing demons), I would ask that you too try to refrain from anything spoilery.

Edited by Balcerzak

Since the Burroughs app saves any apps spent in expanding skills learned, I would say focus on stock expansion and negotiation bonuses. The less possibility of screwing up a recruitment, the better. After that, maybe lowering compendium costs? I generally like to buy back demons I used in fusions if they had particularly good resistances and skills. I've hung onto some seriously underleveled demons simply because their spread of nulls/reflects/drains were more helpful than their actual stats and skills (Black Frost...)

Things are looking good so far. Too bad at this point in the game, gun resist/null demons are so hard to come by so fusing Drake Zhu Tun She seems practically essential down the line.

The next wave of material, Kiccigiorgio Forest, is actually pretty simple. There are a few main fights to watch out for, first is the Horde of Elements, which will only really go down to physical assaults, and might hit hard on weakness if you present it, so try not to. Then there's a Strix, which is pretty damn easy, considering how much Gun and Lightning there is around. The final fight (non-scripted loss), can esssentially be beaten by giving the boss the correct answers in the mid-fight conversations, so there's no point worrying about that either.

After that however, open up a bunch of Challenge quests, all of which aside from Chagrin hunting are too dangerous, just based on hard hitting party wide physical moves. The Berkerker + Rakshasha fight especially, but Ares is also included. I didn't bother with Long or Wu Kong, as Burroughs even warns me they are difficult for my level. So what I did was peek down into Stratum 4 and recruit and fuse a little bit of my demon assembleges, as well as having purchased a row of Demon Stock expansions. I honestly don't know how to upgrade Negotiation in any useful manner aside from Demolingual, which I obviously already invested in. Scout Gift just looks dumb, but if it's a necessary App Tax to get to the better ones...

Anyway:

Fighting/Training Party

MC Lv 13: ( 7/23/21/25/19 ) (Agi+1/Bufu+6/Bouncing Claw+1/Zan+1/Zio+6/Dream Fist+3/Dia+4/Dream Needle+2) [samurai Sword:Samurai Hat/Mikado Sand Top/Samurai Bottom/Samurai Earring)

Spriggan Lv 12: caught in wild

Apsaras Lv 8: caught in wild

Strigoii Lv 10: (Life Drain/Mudo/Bufu/Critical Wave/Gram Slice/Needle Shot)

Waiting for Training:

Makara Lv 13: [fused from Camazotz + Chagrin] (Bufu/Zio/Rakunda/Tetanus Cut/Life Drain/Needle Shot)

Naga Lv 11: [fused from Slime + Tangata Manu] (Lunge/Bufu/Sukukaja/Life Bonus/Life Drain/Dream Needle)

Waiting for Fusing:

Pele Lv 10: (Agi/Posumdi/Dream Needle/Resist Ice/Critical Wave/Scratch Dance/Dia/Healing Knowhow)

Melchom Lv 10: (Life Bonus/Tarukaja/Rakukaja/Bufu/Agi/Zio/Dia/Posumdi)

Dybbuk Lv 8: (Mudo/Patra/Zan/Life Drain)

Stonka Lv 10: caught in wild

Bilwis Lv 9: caught in wild

Since the Burroughs app saves any apps spent in expanding skills learned, I would say focus on stock expansion and negotiation bonuses. The less possibility of screwing up a recruitment, the better. After that, maybe lowering compendium costs? I generally like to buy back demons I used in fusions if they had particularly good resistances and skills. I've hung onto some seriously underleveled demons simply because their spread of nulls/reflects/drains were more helpful than their actual stats and skills (Black Frost...)

Things are looking good so far. Too bad at this point in the game, gun resist/null demons are so hard to come by so fusing Drake Zhu Tun She seems practically essential down the line.

I'll probably fuse Dyubbuk+Naga for a Zhu Tun She for precisely this reason. Sukukaja buffer with good nulls is hard to turn down. Strigoii will probably become Shan Xio after he finally gets his Light Resist. Stonka + Apsaras will probably make for a very nice Shiisaa, unless I think of anything better. I dunno, we'll see what happens.

No Grind please

for hard mode smt game that is downright impossible

A few note about hard mode:
Run % from battles is locked to 0% (as far as my experiences indicate)
If you do not get a pre-emptive strike, 90% of the time (pulling numbers out of my ass, but ones that seem to support my experiences), the enemy will get a pre-emptive against you.
Enemies will attempt to strike weaknesses a lot more, meaning your team can be wiped or near wiped before you even get a chance to act, especially early game when you are limited in demon variety and resistances

Oh my that sounds really bad. What about special encounter Demon like Calamity Horde? In normal even if I attack them on time they usually still have a pre-emptive against me and Blight-ed the whole team in process.

Scout Gift is indeed only so-so, but Scout Macca is really useful. Oftentimes if you ended up paying macca to recruit, you'll get about half of your investment back, or else it's just extra funds. After that, you get Scout+ which basically doubles the benefits of Scout Gift and Scout Macca when it's successful, and gives you a lot more fusion fodder. To be honest, after you get Demonlingual and a bunch of stock increases and the additional skill slots for everyone, there isn't really much else that screams "MUST BUY". Since the skill slot stuff is already bought, it seems like a ray of light in what otherwise sounds like a brutal mode.

Minotaur went down to a combination of buffing and pounding on his weakness. I appear to be solidly in line with recommended levels, as he displays as Lv 14 Boss fight.

Boss Fighting Party

MC Lv 14: ( 7/24/22/29/20 ) (Maragi/Bufu+8/Mazio/Zan+1/Zio+6/Media/Dia+4/Dream Needle+3) [samurai Sword:Samurai Hat/Mikado Sand Top/Ahazuya Blue Bottom/Red Earring)

Gremlin Lv 10: [Fused from Vodyanik + Bilwis] (Mabufu/Mazio/Mana Bonus/Poison Claw/Lunge/Dia/Bouncing Claw)

Shiisaa Lv 14: [Fused from Apsaras + Stonka] (Mazan/Counter/Dormina/Critical Wave/Media/Lunge/Posumdi)

Makara Lv 13: (Bufu/Zio/Rakunda/Tetanus Cut/Life Drain/Needle Shot)

(Initially in the Minotaur fight then either KO'd or swapped out)

Shao Xiao Lv 14: [Fused from Strigoii + Wicker Man] (Resist Light/Tarukaja/Mudo/Critical Wave/Bufu/Zan/Needle Shot/Pandemic Bomb)

Sandman Lv 14: [Fused from Spriggan + Melchom] (Maragi/Tarukaja/Rakukaja/Zan/Bufu/Zio/Dream Needle/Life Bonus)

Waiting for Training:

Knocker Lv 9: caught in wild

Zhu Tsu She Lv 9: [Fused from Naga + Dybbuk] (Tarukaja/Sukukaja/Rakunda/Life Bonus/Patra/Bufu/Zan/Dream Needle)

Waiting for Fusing:

Pele Lv 11: (Agi/Posumdi/Dream Needle/Resist Ice/Diarama/Scratch Dance/Dia/Healing Knowhow)

Wickerman Lv 8: caught in wild

Fomorian Lv 9: caught in wild

Plan to fuse Fomorian and Knocker into a new Spriggan, then try tackling the Challenge Quests again. May fuse Wickerman with wild Fomorian/Knocker for some other dark breeds, like Foul/Vermin. Just for variety's sake. Also, apparently if every member of your team Smirk's at the same time you get a healing wave. It went by too quick to see, but it was like ~+40HP/+40MP.

Pele got a move mutation from just collecting passive XP and leveling up. Will not pass up a Diarama at this level. I just wish I had a good candidate to fuse her into. (LOL Preta...)

~~~

Okay, squeezed past "The Cursed Guantlet", "Slaying the Dragon of the Lake", and "Operation: Slay the Berserker" (which I believe is a replacement for "Dance of the Dead" if you already have David in your codex. You fight a Rakshasha and a Berserker instead of Calamity Hordes, and they open up by either Heat Wave + Heat Wave, or Tarukaja + Critical Wave. ...It's rough.) Must make heavy use of buffs (Rakukaja ftw) to survive.

Boss Fighting Party

MC Lv 15: ( 7/26/24/29/21 ) (Maragi/Bufu+8/Mazio/Zan+1/Zio+6/Media/Dia+4/Dream Needle+3) [samurai Sword:Samurai Hat/Mikado Sand Top/Ahazuya Blue Bottom/Red Earring)

Spriggan Lv 11: [Fused from Knocker + Fomorian] (Dormina/Agi/Taunt/Resist Fire/Rakukaja/Bufu/Critical Wave/Needle Shot)

Shiisaa Lv 14: (Mazan/Counter/Dormina/Critical Wave/Media/Lunge/Posumdi)

Makara Lv 13: (Bufu/Zio/Rakunda/Tetanus Cut/Life Drain/Needle Shot)

Training Party:

Gremlin Lv 10: (Mabufu/Mazio/Mana Bonus/Poison Claw/Lunge/Dia/Bouncing Claw)

Zhu Tsu She Lv 9: (Tarukaja/Sukukaja/Rakunda/Life Bonus/Patra/Bufu/Zan/Dream Needle)

Agathion Lv 12: Caught in wild

Stonka Lv 8: Caught in wild

Waiting for Training:

Shao Xiao Lv 14: [Fused from Strigoii + Wicker Man] (Resist Light/Tarukaja/Mudo/Critical Wave/Bufu/Zan/Needle Shot/Pandemic Bomb)

Sandman Lv 14: [Fused from Spriggan + Melchom] (Maragi/Tarukaja/Rakukaja/Zan/Bufu/Zio/Dream Needle/Life Bonus)

Waiting for Fusing:

Pele Lv 11: (Agi/Posumdi/Dream Needle/Resist Ice/Diarama/Scratch Dance/Dia/Healing Knowhow)

Wickerman Lv 9: caught in wild

I still need to go about trying the Wu Kong hunt (which is the deceptively similarly named "Capture the Berserker" quest), but I have acquired a gun, and unlocked the terminal, though I haven't proceeded further beyond there as of yet.

Oh my that sounds really bad. What about special encounter Demon like Calamity Horde? In normal even if I attack them on time they usually still have a pre-emptive against me and Blight-ed the whole team in process.

I got the first attack (not a pre-emptive, just the standard first round first move) 1 time in the ~15 times it took me just now to take care of Berserker and Rakshasha hunt quest. Considering they stand still and wait for me to swing my sword at them, meaning I would always normally trigger a pre-emptive. So... yeah, about them special encounter demons...

Scout Gift is indeed only so-so, but Scout Macca is really useful. Oftentimes if you ended up paying macca to recruit, you'll get about half of your investment back, or else it's just extra funds. After that, you get Scout+ which basically doubles the benefits of Scout Gift and Scout Macca when it's successful, and gives you a lot more fusion fodder. To be honest, after you get Demonlingual and a bunch of stock increases and the additional skill slots for everyone, there isn't really much else that screams "MUST BUY". Since the skill slot stuff is already bought, it seems like a ray of light in what otherwise sounds like a brutal mode.

Aha, noted. I was waiting to see when the "More frequent Skill Mutations" App unlocks, because I love that one, personally, but other than that and maybe the Demons get +stats on level-up, I may seriously consider buying into the Negotiation line of apps this time around. Thanks for the input.

If the boss also guaranteed 90% pre-emptive, then early game would be seriously suck indeed.

Also is there any glaring compendium price difference on hard?

And yes, I also with Samias with Scout Gift and Scout Bonus recommendation. Especially if the price indeed is more expensive than normal.

Okay, I've been playing a lot over the past few days, and made lots and lots of significant progress. I'll just go down the line, and lump my notes on demon team composition into spoilers below. Throughout the log you may notice me holding on to demons that have learned all their skills way longer than I should ordinarily be doing, and if you're wondering why, it's because I need them to fill out those pesky hard to reach compendium entries that I didn't get the first time around, not because they're going into any demons with really nice tactical advantage.

After Mintaur we continue to wander out way down to where we ultimately fight Medusa. I was fortunate enough to have fused myself a Gu Huo Niao, which basically took all of the challenge out of the fight, to be perfectly honest.

[spoiler=Medusa Fight]Boss Fighting Party

MC Lv 16: ( 9/27/29/30/24 ) (Maragi+1/Mabufu/Mazio+1/Zan+2/Zio+6/Media/Dia+5/Dream Needle+5) [samurai Sword, Bruce Gun, FMJ Rounds:Ahazuya Grey Hat/Mikado Sand Top/Ahazuya Blue Bottom/Red Earring)

Shao Xiao Lv 14: (Resist Light/Tarukaja/Mudo/Critical Wave/Bufu/Zan/Needle Shot/Pandemic Bomb)

Shiisaa Lv 15: (Mazan/Counter/Dormina/Critical Wave/Media/Lunge/Posumdi)

Gu Huo Niao Lv 16: [Fused from Spriggan and Stonka] (Agilao, Resist Fire, Counter, Maragi, Rakukaja, Bufu, Patra, Dream Needle)

Training Party:

Hua Po Lv 14: Caught wild

Agathion Lv 13: Caught in wild

Mothman Lv 12: [Fused from Knocker + Wickerman] (Shibaboo/Tarukaja/Pandemic Bomb/Rakukaja/Zan/Bufu/Life Bonus)

Makara Lv 14: (Bufu/Zio/Rakunda/Tetanus Cut/Life Drain/Needle Shot/Tarunda)

Sandman Lv 14: (Maragi/Tarukaja/Rakukaja/Zan/Bufu/Zio/Dream Needle/Life Bonus)

Waiting for Fusing:

Gremlin Lv 12: (Mabufu/Mazio/Mana Bonus/Poison Claw/Sukukaja/Dia/Bouncing Claw/Dream Fist)

Zhu Tsu She Lv 9: (Tarukaja/Sukukaja/Rakunda/Life Bonus/Patra/Bufu/Zan/Dream Needle)

Camazotz Lv 9: Caught wild

Jack the Ripper Lv 9: [Fused from Fomorian + Wickerman] (Tetanus Cut/Pandemic Bomb/Resist Fire/Critical Wave/Zan/Needle Shot)

Bilwis Lv 7: Caught Wild

After Medusa, we have free roam of Tokyo, our selection of demons broadens, and our fuse-pool becomes enormous, meaning we don't have to rack our brains for the most effecient fuse paths using limited amount of demon fodder, like we did pre-Orthrus. This also means a large chunk of the difficulty goes down, as my style of play is to roam around everywhere, and now that I can't run from battles, and I'm afraid of enemy ambush, I'm fighting damn near everything, and slowly but surely overlevelling myself.

Anyway, the next major segment of play involved me going around and cleaning up some Challenge Quests, including some I've never seen before, they did not appear in my first cycle game, or I just missed them (doubtful). One particular quest was "Pluck the Buds of Rebellion", which unlocks Zealot Ogun for fusing. I also discovered my initial assumption about the Dance With Dead quest was incorrect, as it did indeed show up a little later on. Also, it is so lolz, it kicks ass for forever.

Anyway, after questing and roaming and fusing, we go ahead and roast Pealliadh alive, and he doesn't take much effort to handle appropriately.

[spoiler=Pealliadh"]Boss Fighting Party

MC Lv 19: ( 9/31/33/34/27 ) (Maragi+1/Mabufu+1/Mazio+2/Mazan/Zionga/Media+3/Agilao/Zanma) [steel Hoe, Bruce Gun, FMJ Rounds:Ahazuya Grey Hat/Mikado Sand Top/Ahazuya Blue Bottom/Silver Necklace)

Moh Shuvuu Lv 18: [Fused from Morax + Mothman] (Counter/Mazan/Mabufu/Mazio/Tarukaja/Sukukaja/Rakukaja/Dream Needle)

Gu Huo Niao Lv 18: (Agilao, Resist Fire, Counter, Maragi, Rakukaja, Bufu, Patra, Dream Needle)

Dzelarhons Lv 17: [Fuzed from Sandman + Leanan Sidhe] (Agilao/Maragi/Media/Rakukaja/Tarukaja/Zan/Zio/Bufu)

Hathor Lv 18: [Fused from Pele + Hooligan] (Spring of Life/Patra/Resist Ice/Diarama/Agi/Healing Knowhow/Posumdi/Dream Needle)

Apis Lv 18: [Fused from Onmoraki + Jack the Ripper] (Tetraja/Agi/Resist Force/Tetanus Cut/Rakukaja/Resist Dark)

Ictinike Lv 18: [Fused from Suparna + Oni?] (Rakukaja/Media/Fang Breaker/Stun Needles/Damascus Claw/Agi/Taunt/Spirit Drain)

Ippon-Datara Lv 17: [Fused from Agathion + Bilwis] (Fang Breaker/Tarukaja/Spirit Drain/Resist Gun/Poison Claw/Scratch Dance/Dia/Lunge)

Waiting to Fuse:

Shao Xiao Lv 16: (Resist Light/Tarukaja/Mudo/Critical Wave/Bufu/Zan/Needle Shot/Resist Elec)

Shiisaa Lv 16: (Mazan/Counter/Dormina/Critical Wave/Media/Lunge/Posumdi/Force Pleroma)

Hua Po Lv 16:

Toubyou Lv 16: [Fused from Makara + Jack the Ripper] (Resist Fire/Resist Dark/Rakunda/Tarunda/Zanma/Zio/Pandemic Bomb/Attack Knowhow)

Hooligan Lv 16: Caught Wild

Poltergeist Lv 15: Caught Wild

Preta Lv 14: Caught Wild

Jueyan Lv 13: Caught Wild

Katakirauwa Lv 13: Caught Wild

Harpy Lv 10: Caught Wild

Zhu Tun She Lv 10: Caught Wild

Now that we're allowed to cross the bride and explore further south and west, we slowly but surely arrive at the Counter-Demon Force HQ, and fight off some punks who sick a Tsuchigumo on us. That wasn't very nice of them. Anyway, it has a pair of weaknesses we can pound on, ice and force, and it really isn't that big an offensive threat.

[spoiler=Kasumigaeki whatever..."]

Boss Fighting Party

MC Lv 20: ( 9/32/35/36/27 ) (Maragi+4/Mabufu+1/Mazio+2/Mazan+2/Zionga/Media+3/Agilao/Zanma) [steel Hoe, Bruce Gun, FMJ Rounds:Ahazuya Grey Hat/Mikado Sand Top/Ahazuya Blue Bottom/Silver Necklace)

Kikimora Lv 20: [Fused from Gu Huo Niao + Preta] (Resist Fire/Scratch Dance/Counter/Agilao/Rakukaja/Maragi/Dream Needle/Bufu)

Ippon-Datara Lv 18: (Fang Breaker/Tarukaja/Spirit Drain/Resist Gun/Poison Claw/Scratch Dance/Dia/Lunge)

Daphne Lv 19: [Fused from Hua Po + Shiisaa] (Attack Knowhow/Rakukaja/Counter/Zionga/Mazan/Media/Maragi/Posumdi)

Archangel Lv 19: [Fused from Suparna + Harpy] (Hama/Rakunda/Sukukaja/Rakukaja/Mazan/Media/Posumdi/Heat Wave)

Apis Lv 19: (Tetraja/Agi/Resist Force/Tetanus Cut/Rakukaja/Resist Dark/Media)

Ictinike Lv 19: (Rakukaja/Media/Fang Breaker/Stun Needles/Damascus Claw/Agilao/Taunt/Spirit Drain)

Kabuso Lv 19: Caught Wild

Quicksilver Lv 19: Caught Wild

Hathor Lv 18: (Spring of Life/Patra/Resist Ice/Diarama/Agi/Healing Knowhow/Posumdi/Dream Needle)

Moh Shuvuu Lv 18: (Counter/Mazan/Mabufu/Mazio/Tarukaja/Sukukaja/Rakukaja/Dream Needle)

Nozuchi Lv18: [Fuzed from Harpy + Hooligan] (Critical Wave/Mazio/Stun Needle/Sukukaja/Madness Needle/Mazan)

Raiju Lv 18: Caught Wild

Dzelarhons Lv 18: (Agilao/Maragi/Media/Rakukaja/Tarukaja/Zan/Zio/Bufu)

Waiting to Fuse:

Shao Xiao Lv 17: (Resist Light/Tarukaja/Mudo/Critical Wave/Bufu/Zan/Needle Shot/Resist Elec)

Toubyou Lv 16: (Resist Fire/Resist Dark/Rakunda/Tarunda/Zanma/Zio/Pandemic Bomb/Attack Knowhow)

Poltergeist Lv 15: Caught Wild

Katakirauwa Lv 14: Caught Wild

Kaso Lv 13: Caught Wild

Bifrons Lv 13: Caught Wild

Naga Lv 12: Caught Wild

With that complete, we report back to Mikado, and faff around a bit. I'm finally able to complete the Dance with Dead Challenge, and here's how I did it. Pile my party full of Phys Resist, and then just cycle out the corpses for Lightning users once David jumps in. Remember to buff appropriately.

[spoiler=Blight Blight Bligh]

Blight Reduction Party

MC Lv 21: ( 9/36/35/38/27 ) (Maragi+5/Mabufu+2/Mazio+4/Mazan+4/Zionga/Media+4/Agilao/Zanma) [Hawthorn Spear, Lock Steyr, FMJ Rounds:Black Demonica Hat/Black Demonica Top/Black Demonica Bottom/Silver Necklace)

Nozuchi Lv 19: (Critical Wave/Mazio/Stun Needle/Sukukaja/Madness Needle/Mazan)

Katakirauwa Lv 14: Caught Wild

Mithras Lv 21: [Fused from Ippon-Datara + Toubyou] (Hard Worker/Resist Gun/Resist Fire/Resist Dark/Mahama/Zanma/Maragi/Attack Knowhow)

David Defenders:

Dzelarhons Lv 19: (Agilao/Maragi/Media/Rakukaja/Tarukaja/Zan/Hard Worker/Bufu)

Raiju Lv 19: Caught Wild

Quicksilver Lv 19: Caught Wild

In Training:

Kikimora Lv 21: (Resist Fire/Scratch Dance/Counter/Agilao/Rakukaja/Maragi/Dream Needle/Bufu)

Daphne Lv 20: (Attack Knowhow/Rakukaja/Counter/Zionga/Mazan/Media/Maragi/Posumdi)

Archangel Lv 19: (Hama/Rakunda/Sukukaja/Rakukaja/Mazan/Media/Posumdi/Heat Wave)

Ictinike Lv 19: (Rakukaja/Media/Fang Breaker/Stun Needles/Damascus Claw/Agilao/Taunt/Spirit Drain)

Kabuso Lv 19: Caught Wild

Azumi Lv 19: Caught Wild

Strix Lv 18: Caught Wild

Waiting to Fuse:

Moh Shuvuu Lv 19: (Counter/Mazan/Mabufu/Mazio/Tarukaja/Sukukaja/Rakukaja/Resist Gun)

Hathor Lv 19: (Spring of Life/Patra/Resist Ice/Diarama/Rakunda/Healing Knowhow/Posumdi/Dream Needle)

Apis Lv 20: (Tetraja/Agi/Resist Force/Tetanus Cut/Rakukaja/Resist Dark/Media/Mazio)

Shao Xiao Lv 17: (Resist Light/Tarukaja/Mudo/Critical Wave/Bufu/Zan/Needle Shot/Resist Elec)

Poltergeist Lv 16: Caught Wild

Kaso Lv 15: Caught Wild

Makara Lv 14: [Fused from Naga + Bifrons] (Bufu/Zio/Mazan/Healing Knowhow/Tarukaja/Agi/Attack Knowhow/Tarunda)

Done with Side-questing, for now, it's back to Tokyo, taking the ferry to Shinjuku area, where I roam about a great deal, I attempt to enter the assorted overworld Domains, and get my ass handed to me repeatedly, but at least getting lost in the maze provides some grind. Eventually the city itself calls, and I first need to unlock the terminal from the defender, Ose. Unless I've forgotten what triggered the Ose fight, it's just "Ose" in my notes. He was actually quite annoying still, until I simultaneously Suku'd both Kaja-wise and Kunda-wise at the same time. You may notice I picked up Sleep Bullets. I do this because of fond memories of Nerve bullets from previous installments, they are not as effective here, but still useful on occasion.

[spoiler=Ose for President]Ose Boss (L24)

Boss Fight

MC Lv 25: ( 9/38/44/47/33 ) (Maragi+8/Mabufu+4/Mazio+6/Mazan+7/Ice Breath/Media+8/Agilao+4/Shock) [Hawthorn Spear, Lock Steyr, Sleep Rounds:Black Demonica Hat/Black Demonica Top/Black Demonica Bottom/Silver Necklace)

Ogun Lv 25: [special Fusion] (Blight/Dekaja/Resist Phys/Sukukaja/Rakukaja/Stun Needles/Mazan/Maragi)

Nata Taishi Lv 25: [Fused from Mandrake + Quicksilver(evolved Poltergeist)] (Oni-Kagura/Resist Phys/Shibaboo/Healing Knowhow/Sukunda/Needle Shot/Mazio/Patra)

Patimpras Lv 24: [Fused from Moh Shuvuu + Raiju] (Endure/Resist Gun/Shock/Mazan/Mabufu/Recarm/Sukukaja/Rakukaja)

To Train:

Phoenix Lv 25: [Fused from Hathar + Apis] (Resist Ice/Resist Force/Resist Dark/Recarm/Diarama/Media/Fire Breath/Posumdi)

Kwancha Lv 25: [Fused from Kikimora + Ippon-Datara?] (Resist Fire/Resist Ice/Resist Elec/Resist Light/Ice Breath/Agilao/Maragi/Tetanus Cut)

Night Stalker Lv 24: Caught Wild

Caladrius Lv 23: [Fused from Kabuso + Jack Frost] (Mepatra/Hama/Binding Claw/Bufula/Ice Pleroma/Sukukaja/Media)

Bai Suzuhen Lv 23: [Fused from Nozuchi + Quicksilver] (Zionga/Binding Claw/Stun Needle/Sukukaja/Mazio/Rakukaja/Mazan/Panic Caster)

Mandrake Lv 22: Caught Wild

Chupacabra Lv 22: Caught Wild

To Fuse:

Itsumade Lv 23: [Fused from Archangel + Mithras] (Resist Gun/Resist Fire/Rapid Needle/Sukukaja/Rakukaka/Resist Dark/Mazan/Maragi)

Ubu Lv 23: [Fused from Shan Xiao + Strix] (Resist Elec/Resist Light/Axel Claw/Toxic Sting/Mudo/Tarukaja/Mabufu/Zan)

Pyro Jack Lv 22: Caught Wild

Dzelarhons Lv 21: (Agilao/Maragi/Media/Rakukaja/Tarukaja/Zan/Hard Worker/Bufu)

Koppa Tengu LV 20: Caught Wild

Makara Lv 18: (Bufu/Zio/Mazan/Healing Knowhow/Tarukaja/Agi/Attack Knowhow/Tarunda)

Following that, there's the pressing concern of the 7 Corpses wreaking havoc on Shinjuku's East Side. This quest honestly wasn't so bad, and neither was Dullahan at the end of it, if memory serves me.

[spoiler=she'll never get a-head in life]vs Dullahan

Boss Fight

MC Lv 27: ( 9/41/48/49/37 ) (Maragi+8/Mabufu+5/Mazio+8/Mazan+8/Ice Breath/Media+8/Recarm/Shock+1) [Hawthorn Spear, Lock Steyr, Sleep Rounds:Black Demonica Hat/Black Demonica Top/Black Demonica Bottom/Silver Necklace)

Tatooed Man Lv 25: Caught Wild

Pabilsag Lv 26: [Fused from Night Stalker + Chupacabra] (Toxic Sting/Posumdi/Energy Drain/Attack Knowhow/Damascus Claw/Critical Wave/Dormina/Life Drain)

Principality Lv 26: [Fused from Koppa Tengu + Itsumade] (Resist Gun/Resist Fire/Resist Dark/Dekunda/Maragi/Mazan/Media/Rapid Needle)

To Train:

Phoenix Lv 25: (Resist Ice/Resist Force/Resist Dark/Recarm/Diarama/Media/Fire Breath/Posumdi)

Kwancha Lv 25: (Resist Fire/Resist Ice/Resist Elec/Resist Light/Ice Breath/Agilao/Maragi/Tetanus Cut)

Macabre Lv 25: Caught Wild

Ogun Lv 25: (Blight/Dekaja/Resist Phys/Sukukaja/Rakukaja/Stun Needles/Mazan/Maragi)

Bai Suzuhen Lv 24: (Zionga/Binding Claw/Stun Needle/Sukukaja/Mazio/Rakukaja/Mazan/Panic Caster)

Mou-Ryo Lv 24: Caught Wild

Night Stalker Lv 23: Caught Wild

Mandrake Lv 23: Caught Wild

Shikome Lv 23: Caught Wild

To Fuse:

Nata Taishi Lv 26: (Oni-Kagura/Resist Phys/Charge/Healing Knowhow/Sukunda/Needle Shot/Mazio/Patra)

Patimpras Lv 25: (Endure/Resist Gun/Shock/Mazan/Mabufu/Recarm/Sukukaja/Rakukaja)

Caladrius Lv 24: (Mepatra/Hama/Binding Claw/Bufula/Ice Pleroma/Sukukaja/Media/Posumdi

Ubu Lv 23: (Resist Elec/Resist Light/Axel Claw/Toxic Sting/Mudo/Tarukaja/Mabufu/Zan)

Pyro Jack Lv 22: Caught Wild

Dzelarhons Lv 22: (Agilao/Maragi/Media/Rakukaja/Tarukaja/Zan/Hard Worker/Bufu)

Nozuchi Lv 20: Caught Wild

Obaryion Lv 20: Caught Wild

Makara Lv 19: (Bufu/Zio/Mazan/Healing Knowhow/Tarukaja/Agi/Attack Knowhow/Tarunda)

Then Shinjuku's west side is calling, and we go clear out the Government building area. I think I'm gonna do Law this time, so I fight the Chirei. He's not so hard when I know what I'm doing.

[spoiler=And Knowing is Half The Battle]Team Comp

MC Lv 29: ( 9/44/51/51/45 ) (Fire Breath/Mabufula/Mazio+8/Mazan+8/Ice Breath+2/Media+8/Recarm+1/Shock+1) [Hawthorn Spear, Lock Steyr, Sleep Rounds:Black Demonica Hat/Black Demonica Top/Black Demonica Bottom/Silver Necklace)

Sedna Lv 28: [Fused from Mandrake + Ubu] (Resist Elec/Resist Light/Mabufula/Mamudo/Axel Claw/Tarukaja/Toxic Sting/Zan)

Inugami Lv 26: [Fused from Night Stalker + Nozuchi] (Fire Breath/Rakunda/Dormina/Damascus Claw/Mazio/Rakukaja/Critical Wave)

Pabilsag Lv 27: (Toxic Sting/Posumdi/Energy Drain/Attack Knowhow/Damascus Claw/Critical Wave/Dormina/Life Drain)

To Train:

Principality Lv 26: [Fused from Itsumade + Koppa Tengu] (Dekunda/Posumdi/Sukunda/Sukukaja/Rapid Needle/Zanma)

Nue Lv 26: [Fused from Ubu + Wendigo] (Scratch Dance/Zionga/Poison Breath/Tetanus Cut/Toxic Sting/Mabufu)

Macabre Lv 26: Caught Wild

Tatooed Man Lv 26: Caught Wild

Mou-Ryo Lv 25: Caught Wild

Sudama Lv 20: Caught Wild

To Fuse:

Phoenix Lv 25: (Resist Ice/Resist Force/Resist Dark/Recarm/Diarama/Media/Fire Breath/Posumdi)

Kwancha Lv 25: (Resist Fire/Resist Ice/Resist Elec/Resist Light/Ice Breath/Agilao/Maragi/Tetanus Cut)

Parvati Lv 26: [Fused from Principality + Kikimora?] (Resist Gun/Resist Fire/Resist Dark/Media/Maragi/Mazan/Dekunda/Chalkra Walk)

Nata Taishi Lv 26: (Oni-Kagura/Resist Phys/Charge/Healing Knowhow/Sukunda/Needle Shot/Mazio/Patra)

Ogun Lv 26: (Blight/Dekaja/Resist Phys/Sukukaja/Rakukaja/Null Nerve/Mazan/Maragi)

Caladrius Lv 25: (Mepatra/Hama/Binding Claw/Bufula/Ice Pleroma/Sukukaja/Media/Posumdi)

Patimpras Lv 25: (Endure/Resist Gun/Shock/Mazan/Mabufu/Recarm/Sukukaja/Rakukaja)

Shikome Lv 25: Caught Wild

Bai Suzuhen Lv 25: (Zionga/Binding Claw/Stun Needle/Sukukaja/Mazio/Rakukaja/Mazan/Mepatra)

Obaryion Lv 21: Caught Wild

Makara Lv 19: (Bufu/Zio/Mazan/Healing Knowhow/Tarukaja/Agi/Attack Knowhow/Tarunda)

Then I did some challenge quests in the area, and the Chernobog one was a bitch. Almost Dance with Dead level. Maybe. My demon's family trees are stargint to contain too many entries, so I can't always remember who their parents are after an hour or two of dungeon crawling, reaching and completing a boss or other checkpoint and writing down notes at the status screen. Hence the ? that sprinkle themselves along the longs. I haven't been bothered enough to write up a full fusion rules and help eliminate some of the uncertainty.

[spoiler=goddamn]Chernobog fight

Team Comp

MC Lv 29: ( 9/44/51/51/45 ) (Fire Breath/Mabufula/Mazio+8/Mazan+8/Ice Breath+2/Media+8/Recarm+1/Shock+1) [Hawthorn Spear, Lock Steyr, Sleep Rounds:Black Demonica Hat/Black Demonica Top/Black Demonica Bottom/Silver Necklace)

Sedna Lv 28: (Resist Elec/Resist Light/Mabufula/Mamudo/Axel Claw/Tarukaja/Toxic Sting/Zan)

Narcissus Lv 28: [Fused from Parvati + Nata Taishi?] (Resist Phys/Resist Gun/Resist Fire/Resist Dark/Media/Maragi/Mazio/Mazan)

Incubus Lv 28: [Fused from Caladrius + Obariyon?] (Zanma/Dream Needle/Sukunda/Sukukaja/Bufula/Mepatra/Media/Posumdi)

To Train:

Pabilsag Lv 27: (Toxic Sting/Posumdi/Energy Drain/Attack Knowhow/Damascus Claw/Critical Wave/Dormina/Life Drain)

Principality Lv 26: (Dekunda/Posumdi/Sukunda/Sukukaja/Rapid Needle/Zanma)

Inugami Lv 26: (Fire Breath/Rakunda/Dormina/Damascus Claw/Mazio/Rakukaja/Critical Wave)

Nue Lv 26: (Scratch Dance/Zionga/Poison Breath/Tetanus Cut/Toxic Sting/Mabufu)

Tatooed Man Lv 26: Caught Wild

Senri Lv 25: [Fused from Shikome + Itsumade] (Recarm/Zanma/Mudoon/Stun Needles/Gun Pleroma/Sukunda/Rapid Needle)

Wendigo Lv 25: Caught Wild

Mou-Ryo Lv 25: Caught Wild

Sudama Lv 20: Caught Wild

To Fuse:

Phoenix Lv 27: (Resist Ice/Resist Force/Resist Dark/Recarm/Diarama/Media/Fire Breath/Posumdi)

Kwancha Lv 27: (Resist Fire/Resist Ice/Resist Elec/Resist Light/Ice Breath/Agilao/Maragi/Tetanus Cut)

Ogun Lv 26: (Blight/Dekaja/Resist Phys/Sukukaja/Rakukaja/Null Nerve/Mazan/Maragi)

Bai Suzuhen Lv 25: (Zionga/Binding Claw/Stun Needle/Sukukaja/Mazio/Rakukaja/Mazan/Mepatra)

Pyro Jack Lv 23: Caught Wild

With the Chirei talisman in hand, it's now off to Ikebukuro. I actually bumrushed straight to the city proper and unlocked the Terminal, so I could teleport back for easy heals before taking on Xi Wangmu. I always like the Xi Wangmu fight, and that one Gaian woman actually reminds me of the style of art that Kaneko would draw, even though I thought he only had like a cursory supervising role in this entry. Anyway, I'm too buff to care about the terminal fight, apparently, as I didn't take notes of it, but just the main attraction. The trick for this is to spend just enough time attacking her with Force to get enough Press Turns to buff as much as you can and just trigger the scripted plot at the end of your 8th press turn (or on your partner's attack, even better). Then you'll come back with a full set of press turns, and already buffed stats. Win-win.

[spoiler=indigestion]Xiwangmu Fight

Team Comp

MC Lv 34: (12/57/68/74/49) (Fire Breath+2/Mabufula+2/Mazionga/Wind Breath+1/Ice Breath+3/Media+8/Recarm+3/Shock+4) [Hawthorn Spear, Lock Steyr, Sleep Rounds:Olive Camouflage Hat/Black Demonica Top/Black Demonica Bottom/Silver Necklace)

Brigid Lv 33: [Fused from Principality + Senri?] (Recarm/Mediarama/Maragion/Mazanma/Sukukaja/Sukunda/Stun Needles/Posumdi)

Vidofnir Lv 34: [Fused from Narcissus + Phoenix?] (Null Mind/Resist Phys/Resist Gun/Recarm/Diarama/Fire Breath/Ice Breath/Mazionga)

Peallaidh Lv 33: [Fused from Skogsra + Inugami] (Sabbatma/Fire Breath/Wind Breath/Mazio/Axel Claw/Rakukaja/Rakunda/Dekunda)

To Train:

Qing Niugai Lv 33: [Fused from Nue + Tattooed Man] (Rakukaja/Taunt/Megaton Press/Counter/Shock/Maragion/Mazionga/Mabufu)

Dis Lv 32: Caught Wild

Zhen Lv 31: Caught Wild

Baldur Lv 30: [Fused from Mou-Ryo + Night Stalker] (Hamaon/Dream Fist/Mamudo/Damascus Claw/Spirit Drain/Media/Dormina/Resist Light)

Tsuchigumo Lv 30: [Fused from Incubus + Wendigo?] (Zionga/Bufula/Zanma/Sukunda/Sukukaja/Media/Mabufu/Mepatra)

Tuofei Lv 29: Caught Wild

Horkos Lv 29: Caught Wild

Voivre Lv 28: [Fused from Sudama + Bai Suzhen] (Mamudoon/Zionga/Resist Force/Shock/Sukukaja/Rakukaja/Mazan/Stun Needle)

Senri Lv 25: Caught Wild

To Fuse:

Ares Lv 33: [Fused from Dzerlarhons + Makara] (Hard Worker/Counter/Fatal Sword/Tarunda/Tetrakarn/Rakukaja/Attack Knowhow/Agilao)

Sedna Lv 31: (Resist Elec/Resist Light/Mabufula/Mamudo/Axel Claw/Tarukaja/Toxic Sting/Diarama)

Kuda Lv 30: Caught Wild

Pabilsag Lv 29: (Blast Arrow/Posumdi/Energy Drain/Attack Knowhow/Damascus Claw/Critical Wave/Dormina/Life Drain)

Kwancha Lv 28: (Resist Fire/Resist Ice/Resist Elec/Resist Light/Ice Breath/Agilao/Maragi/Tetanus Cut)

Pyro Jack Lv 23: Caught Wild

At this point, plot kind of wraps itself up, and then takes a detour. We head to Shinjuku National Park, for some unrelated (hohoho) errands. I do a challenge quest here to kill 18 Manticores. BEWARE! One of the read demons is not shaped like the others, and contains an Abaddon ready and willing to fuck you up. Ignore it and you will be fine. Anyway, barring our way to the main attraction are some thugs with a Balor. We take them down a notch.

[spoiler=some like it hot]vs Balor in Shinjuku Nat Park

Team Comp

MC Lv 37: (19/60/79/84/52) (Fire Breath+3/Mabufula+3/Mazionga+1/Wind Breath+1/Ice Breath+7/Mediarama+1/Recarm+3/Shock+8) [Hawthorn Spear, Mikado Custom, Sleep Rounds:Silver Mars Hat/Black Demonica Top/Black Demonica Bottom/Sleepless Ring)

Gucumatz Lv 35: [Fused from Pabilsag + Vouivre?] (Null Fire/Resist Force/Megido/Mamudoon/Shock/Wind Breath/Sukukaja/Draconic Reaction)

Hariti Lv 36: [Fused from Macabre + Yuki Jyorou] (Mediarama/Blight/Mabufula/Ice Pleroma/Bufula/Mamudo/Speed Lesson/Lullaby)

Okuninushi Lv 36: [Fused from Kwancha + Ogun] (Null Nerve/Resist Phys/Blight/Dekaja/Sukukaja/Rakukaja/Resist Ice/Resist Fire)

To Train:

Mishaguji Lv 37: [Fused from Mandrake + Zhen] (Acid Breath/Fog Breath/Pulinpa/Pandemic Bomb/Shibaboo/Mazionga/Sukukaja/Patra)

Zouchouten Lv 37: [Fused from Sedna + Ares] (Resist Elec/Counter/Attack Knowhow/Agidyne/Tetrakarn/Axel Claw/Rakukaja/Mabufula)

Peallaidh Lv 34: (Sabbatma/Fire Breath/Wind Breath/Mazio/Axel Claw/Rakukaja/Rakunda/Dekunda)

Lilim Lv 34: [Fused from Kuda + Dis] (Mana Gain/Lullaby/Mediarama/Dream Needle/Wind Breath/Ice Breath/Shock/Mabufula)

Okiku-Mushi Lv 29: Caught Wild

Yuki Jyorou Lv 29: Caught Wild

Karasu Tengu Lv 26: Caught Wild

Nue Lv 26: Caught Wild

Orias Lv 26: Caught Wild

Caladrius Lv 23: Caught Wild

Mandrake Lv 22: Caught Wild

Chupacabra Lv 22: Caught Wild

Nozuchi Lv 18: Caught Wild

To Fuse:

Lailah Lv 35: [Fused from Parvati + Patrimpas?] (Endure/Resist Gun/Recarm/Media/Mazanma/Shock/Hamaon/Agilao)

Vidofnir Lv 35: (Null Mind/Resist Phys/Resist Gun/Recarm/Diarama/Fire Breath/Ice Breath/Mazionga)

Brigid Lv 34: (Recarm/Mediarama/Maragion/Mazanma/Sukukaja/Sukunda/Stun Needles/Posumdi)

Qing Niugai Lv 34: (Rakukaja/Silent Prayer/Megaton Press/Counter/Shock/Maragion/Mazionga/Mabufu)

Tsuchigumo Lv 30: (Zionga/Bufula/Zanma/Sukunda/Sukukaja/Media/Mabufu/Mepatra)

Basilisk Lv 31: [Fused from Horkos + Tuofei] (Endure/Charge/Bind Voice/Null Ice/Megaton Press/Media/Ice Breath/Shock)

After that, it's time to cilmb the tower and fight our way to the top. It's actually a sequence of boss-fights, but Murmur and that camel chick didn't really pose much of a threat. I'm probably too overlevelled. (afraid to even check the displayed boss level to find out howbadly). Asmodeus was actually a bit of a challenge though, as is right and proper.

[spoiler=top of the tower of power]Asmodeus down

Team Comp

MC Lv 38: (22/61/80/85/54) (Fire Breath+4/Mabufula+4/Mazionga+1/Wind Breath+2/Ice Breath+7/Mediarama+1/Recarm+3/Shock+8) [Hawthorn Spear, Mikado Custom, Sleep Rounds:Silver Mars Hat/Black Demonica Top/Black Demonica Bottom/Sleepless Ring)

Gucumatz Lv 36: (Null Fire/Resist Force/Megido/Mamudoon/Shock/Wind Breath/Sukukaja/Draconic Reaction)

Hariti Lv 37: (Mediarama/Blight/Mabufula/Ice Pleroma/Bufula/Mamudo/Speed Lesson/Energy Drain)

Mishaguji Lv 38: (Acid Breath/Fog Breath/Madness Needle/Pandemic Bomb/Shibaboo/Mazionga/Sukukaja/Patra)

To Train:

Okuninushi Lv 36: (Null Nerve/Resist Phys/Blight/Dekaja/Sukukaja/Rakukaja/Resist Ice/Resist Fire)

Zouchouten Lv 37: (Resist Elec/Counter/Attack Knowhow/Agidyne/Tetrakarn/Axel Claw/Rakukaja/Mabufula)

Peallaidh Lv 34: (Sabbatma/Fire Breath/Wind Breath/Mazio/Axel Claw/Rakukaja/Rakunda/Dekunda)

Lilim Lv 35: (Mana Gain/Lullaby/Mediarama/Dream Needle/Wind Breath/Ice Breath/Shock/Mabufula)

Vidofnir Lv 33: [Fused from Basilisk + Pealliadh?] (Null Ice/Endure/Beastly Reaction/Sabbatma/Fire Breath/Ice Breath/Shock/Wind Breath)

Power Lv 33: [Fused from Vidofnir + ?] (Resist Phys/Resist Gun/Null Mind/Tathium Shot/Javelin Rain/Fire Breath/Ice Breath/Recarm)

Makami Lv 32: [Fused from Pabilsag + Chupacabra?] (Null Mind/Tetrakarn/Mahama/Ice Breath/Shock/Posumdi/Sukukaja/Rakukaja)

Dantalian Lv 32: Caught Wild

Samyaza Lv 32: Caught Wild

Okiku-Mushi Lv 30: Caught Wild

Baphomet Lv 27: Caught Wild

Orias Lv 27: Caught Wild

Momunofu Lv 25: Caught Wild

To Fuse:

Lailah Lv 36: (Endure/Resist Gun/Recarm/Media/Mazanma/Shock/Hamaon/Agilao)

Brigid Lv 35: (Recarm/Mediarama/Maragion/Mazanma/Sukukaja/Sukunda/Stun Needles/Posumdi)

Qing Niugai Lv 34: (Rakukaja/Silent Prayer/Megaton Press/Counter/Shock/Maragion/Mazionga/Mabufu)

Tsuchigumo Lv 30: (Zionga/Bufula/Zanma/Sukunda/Sukukaja/Media/Mabufu/Mepatra)

Yuki Jyorou Lv 30: Caught Wild

With this accomplished, I take a nice long Hiatus, clean up most of my backlogged Challenge Quests, and then embark to Shibuya. After I defeat Koga somebody or other behind the Cafe Milton (nudge nudge, wink wink), I'm sitting as follows/

[spoiler=current and up to date]Defeat Koga

Team Comp

MC Lv 42: (25/69/84/89/58) (Fire Breath+6/Mabufula+8/Mazionga+3/Wind Breath+7/Ice Breath+8/Mediarama+5/Recarm+3/Shock+8) [Hawthorn Spear, Mikado Custom, Skull Rounds:Silver Mars Hat/Black Demonica Top/Black Demonica Bottom/Sleepless Ring)

Rakshasa Lv 39: [Fused from Momunofu + Kuda] (Fatal Sword/Counter/Bad Company/Speed Lesson/Mabufula/Tetanus Cut/Sukukaja/Charge)

Prometheus Lv 42: [Fused from Qing Niugai + Hariti] (Resist Ice/Null Light/Maragion/Estoma Sword/Mabufula/Mazanma/Mazionga/Mediarama)

Scathach Lv 41: [Fused from Vidofnir + Lilim?] (Null Mind/Resist Phys/Null Gun/Recarm/Mediarama/Mabufula/Wind Breath/Fire Breath)

To Train:

Virtue Lv 41: [Fused from Okuninushi + Vidofnir?] (Null Nerve/Null Ice/Endure/Resist Phys/Resist Fire/Sabbatma/Fire Breath/Wind Breath)

Kushinada-hime Lv 41: [Fused from Tonatiuh + Mayahuel?] (Null Fire/Endure/Draconic Reaction/Fog Breath/Mediarama/Recarm/Posumdi/Resist Force)

Zouchouten Lv 40: (Resist Elec/Counter/Attack Knowhow/Agidyne/Tetrakarn/Axel Claw/Rakukaja/Mabufula)

Kaiwan Lv 40: [Fused from Dis + Mad Gasser] (Megido/Sukukaja/Chakra Walk/Wind Breath/Mediarama/Maragion/Megaton Press/Mepatra)

Porewit Lv 39: [Fused from Mishaguji + Hairy Jack] (Maragion/War Cry/Mazionga/Acid Breath/Fog Breath/Damascus Claw/Sukukaja/Fire Pleroma)

Titan Lv 37: [Fused from Okiku-mushi + Dantalian] (Charge/Megaton Press/Mudoon/Tetrakarn/Tathlum Shot/Makarakarn/Mazanma/Pulinpa)

Samyaza Lv 34: Caught Wild

Setanta Lv 32: Caught Wild

Zhen Lv 31: [Fused from Baphomet + Power] (Null Elec/Sabbatma/Tathlum Shot/Tarukaja/Sukukaja/Charge/Mamudo/Oni-Kagura)

Hairy Jack Lv 31: Caught Wild

Yamawaro Lv 31: [Fused from Vouivre + Kuda] (Megaton Press/Tarukaja/Dekaja/Null Fire/Blight/Zionga/Mabufula/Tetanus Cut)

To Fuse:

Kelpie Lv 37: Caught Wild

Qing Niao Lv 34: [Fused from Makami + Yuki Jyorou] (Null Mind/Tetrakarn/Ice Breath/Shock/Mabufula/Silent Prayer/Rakukaja/Posumdi)

Sudama Lv 21: Caught Wild

My current list of completed Challenge Quests is:

Collect Demon Claws

Gather Some Naraku Lichen

The Lion's Roar Within Naraku

Chagrin Slaying Competition

The Cursed Gauntlet

Capture the Berserker

I want a Classy Down Quilt

Slaying the Dragon of the Lake

Operation: Slay the Berserker

Dance of the Dead

A Drunkard's Best Friend

Missing Child Search

Newcomer's Competition

Pluck the Buds of Rebellion

Eggs for One Hundred

I want to Make the City Bright

Competition for Blood

Deliver the Film

Slay the Pirate Demons

Isis' Search for the Coffin

Relic Recovery: Small Fridge

Relic Recovery: Power Cable

Relic Recover: Wind Turbine

The Secret to Durable Clothing

Samurai and Hunters United

Corpse Disposal

Creating Fireproof Clothing

Quality Food

Phantom of Madness

Cu Chulainn's Training

Shelter Inspection

Her Memories

Ikebukuro Free District

Sunset for a Demonnapper

The Malevolent Star Falls

A Grudge from the Streets

I'm No Good at Demon Fusion

Demon-Hunted Man

Excavate Some Coffee Beans

Protect the Tower

Help Me Exterminate the Demons

Require Ample Weaponry (needs turning in)

In Progress Challenge Quests:

Relic Recovery: PC

Hunter Tournament Prelims

Demon Guarding the Shrine

Slay the Demon in Hiding

Help Me Get Some Servers

Banquet of Flames

Retrieve the Tablet

A Century of Defense

Training Battle 1-6

My current list of purchased Burroughs Apps is:

Skill Expansion 1-4

Mapper

Expand Stock 1-15

Skill Smoother 1-4

Demon Skill 1-4

Demon Enhancer: St, Ma

Skill Augment (becomes purchasable when you arrive at Shinjuku)

Scout

Scout Gift

Scout Bonus

Scout+

Expert Scout

Demolingual

Demon Fusion

15 pts remain

Because I'm amused, the Playlog states the following.

Total Playtime: 95H 53M

Total Earnings: 1009499 Macca

Enemy Encounters: 2778

Preemptive Attacks: 1256

Successful escapes: 12 (includes first runs stats, obviously)

Failed escapes: 3

Total damage dealt: 1521104

Total damage sustained: 477351

Demon conversations: 724

Successful recruitments: 271

Failed conversations: 328 (why do these not add up?)

Total Macca negotiated: 229362 Macca

Items offered in trade: 374

Items received in trade: 105

Burroughs App activation in talks: 500 time(s)

Total distance walked: 182km

Excavated relics: 687

Weapon swung: 2163 time(s)

Field attacks connected: 1337 time(s)

Times caught in trap: 53 time(s)

Damage sustained from damage zones: 11164

Treasure boxes opened: 191

Corpses checked: 85

Domains entered: 24

Facilities entered: 358

Time spent idle in the field: 2H 47M

Total spent while shopping: 58470 Macca

Total gained through selling: 683338 Macca

Times saved: 587

Terminal uses: 129

Challenge Quests Completed: 122

Money won through Challenge Quests: 105445 Macca

Items won through Challenge Quests: 154

Time spend in Cathedral of Shadows: 18H 2M (lololol)

Demon fusions: 252

Fusion accidents: 2 (not counting the times I reload, must be)

Macca spent in the Compendium: 296817

Edited by Balcerzak

Demon conversations: 724

Successful recruitments: 271
Failed conversations: 328 (why do these not add up?)
I would assume it's because of the times when the demons just leave and when they give you challenge quests.